Shoe Station doesn't allow guns

kellen1

Went to buy a pair of shoes and apparently they have a new recent policy with a posting on the door, no guns or weapons allowed. Maybe they need to know that only allowing bad people with evil intents to come in with weapons isn't a good idea and could cost them business. [email protected] appears to be the right contact per my calling them.

I'm sick and tired of trying to sway idiots toward the understanding that to receive a concealed carry license one has to have an impeccable record with the law, the military, and practically God himself.............verified by the local Sheriff's office, the States Bureau of Investigation and, in some States, the FBI. All the while, individuals who may have committed all sorts of felonies are allowed into business establishments with those stupid signs and those of us who have been exhaustively vetted are asked to refrain from entering. I learned some time ago in my it's easier to ignore the signs and just do my thing. In my State it's not against the law to ignore the signs. But if "outed" by someone in the store the store/restaurant manager can ask you to leave. If you refuse, then you will be charged with trespassing...............but all you really have to do is to take your firearm to the car. Debate ended. We all know it's stupid, but that's just the way it is. There will always be people who think that guns are evil and because of that, anyone carrying one is also evil. Go figure!

I'm sick and tired of trying to sway idiots toward the understanding that to receive a concealed carry license one has to have an impeccable record with the law, the military, and practically God himself.............verified by the local Sheriff's office, the States Bureau of Investigation and, in some States, the FBI. All the while, individuals who may have committed all sorts of felonies are allowed into business establishments with those stupid signs and those of us who have been exhaustively vetted are asked to refrain from entering. I learned some time ago in my it's easier to ignore the signs and just do my thing. In my State it's not against the law to ignore the signs. But if "outed" by someone in the store the store/restaurant manager can ask you to leave. If you refuse, then you will be charged with trespassing...............but all you really have to do is to take your firearm to the car. Debate ended. We all know it's stupid, but that's just the way it is. There will always be people who think that guns are evil and because of that, anyone carrying one is also evil. Go figure!

1. I agree that it is irrational to think a sign is going to prevent the bad guys from bringing a weapon into an establishment.

2. No matter how irrational it may be, until my 2A rights trump private property rights (and maybe some day they will but they don't right now), I'm going to respect the wishes of the property owner and preserve my personal integrity by either:

A. Not going on to that property; or

B. going on to that property unarmed.

Disrespecting my integrity and disrespecting the rights of the property by surreptitiously carrying on the property does nothing to promote individual rights.

Point well taken............though I respectfully disagree, you have a right to your opinion. I just refuse to be forced to disarm in this day and age.

Edit:

I might also add............."if" I'm laying in an emergency room, dying from a gunshot wound, I don't want to answer my wife's inquiry as to why I wasn't armed with "There was a 'no handgun' sign on the door and my integrity got the best of me!"

I sent them an e-mail, pretty much saying what I said in my previous post. (much less abrasive, but the same theme.) Got a response from them. It said "Thanks for your e-mail."

Point well taken............though I respectfully disagree, you have a right to your opinion. I just refuse to be forced to disarm in this day and age.
On private property where the owner does not allow guns you must disarm or leave. You have no second amendment right there. The property owner may remove you physically if you refuse and the use of your gun in resisting may not qualify as self-defense. The third option is a trespass charge. However, I would continue to carry it concealed and if discovered just leave.
For those who think threats of losing business will change the policy, it won't.

You're not being asked to refrain from entering. You are more than free to go into that store, you just can't carry a weapon in with you. Simply because the state recognizes your right to conceal a weapon doesn't mean that you have the right to do it where ever you want. That's not how rational people think.

For those who think threats of losing business will change the policy, it won't.

Wrong, while I'm sure it won't work in NY because there's not enough people that will actual stand up for their rights, Where I am quite a few Bank branches, Restaurants, and Private Businesses have reversed publicaly and sometimes just quietly removed gunbuster signs after they received thousands of letters and calls explaining why their competitiers are now receiving our money. Businesses DO repond to you taking their money away. They may not care about a couple people complaining but when hundreds and sometimes thousands speak up, they DO notice and rethink their nonsense. Just because the people there threw in the towel years ago, doesn't mean the rest of the country doesn't have a chance. MSNBC did a thing last week on gun laws and how MOST of the country has good guns laws for legal gun ownership and on a trend of getting BETTER the last couple years, while CERTAIN restrictive states are always getting worse for legal gun ownership.

Here's a pic of that I took off my TV to bust my buddies balls who's still living in MA, just like in real life, Blue = CRAP

Link Removed

I've held a CCW since 1996, and have never once not carried in an establishment because a sign told me not to. No owner has ever been the wiser, because they're not that wise to begin with. If they were they wouldn't have the sign in the first place. I refuse to assist in making someone "feel good" at the expense of jeopardizing my safety.

1. I agree that it is irrational to think a sign is going to prevent the bad guys from bringing a weapon into an establishment.

2. No matter how irrational it may be, until my 2A rights trump private property rights (and maybe some day they will but they don't right now), I'm going to respect the wishes of the property owner and preserve my personal integrity by either:

A. Not going on to that property; or

B. going on to that property unarmed.

Disrespecting my integrity and disrespecting the rights of the property by surreptitiously carrying on the property does nothing to promote individual rights.

Agree however, my personal belief of why signs are posted by business is not necesarily to deter criminals from entering with guns, rather to target all individuals with guns (with exception of LEOs of course) due to the fact that some of the populace still believe that guns are a "bad" thing. So, in order to keep the public from raising their eyesbrowns and to keep a low profile and avoid the "bad" rap from ignorants and the media, they rather collapse to that pressure and post their sign instead.

They know better that no criminal would ever enter their premises with an gun being displayed to comit a crime. I obey those signs and respect the business decision, do not concur but respect it.

Wrong, while I'm sure it won't work in NY because there's not enough people that will actual stand up for their rights, Where I am quite a few Bank branches, Restaurants, and Private Businesses have reversed publicaly and sometimes just quietly removed gunbuster signs after they received thousands of letters and calls explaining why their competitiers are now receiving our money.
Not true at all. First, I've only seen one sign in my entire life in NYS. At HSBC bank. And they're no longer around. Second, NYS has a HUGE number of people with a CCW. Just over 1 million in the upstate population of 11 million. Subtract the roughly 3 million people under 21 years old and you have 1 million permits in 8 million adults. One in eight have a CCW permit upstate. Signs don't carry weight of law and the only place you can't carry by aw is a school. I just don't have the problem. For some reason no one has signs.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back