Man Sets Self on Fire During Stunt to Impress Date

HK4U

I guess he impressed her alright. Impressed her with his stupidity. I wonder if all gasoline should be banned because of the actions of this "rocket scientist".

Link Removed

Failed party trick lands Swedish man in burn unit

Published: 27 Dec 08 07:03 CET
Online: Link Removed

A Swedish man’s attempt to impress his girlfriend on Friday night backfired, putting him in the hospital with serious burn injuries and facing allegations of endangering the public.

The woman told police in Västervik in south eastern Sweden that her boyfriend poured gasoline over his arm and set the fuel on fire.

“It obviously didn’t go well. He burned his arm and other parts of his body and was in a state of shock,” said Kalmar police spokesperson Reine Johansson to the TT news agency.

“Don’t ask me what the point of the trick was supposed to be.”

The 33-year-old man was taken via ambulance to the hospital in Västervik.

According to police he will likely need specialized care at the burn clinic of Linköping University Hospital.

Following the failed stunt, the man is also under suspicion for negligence which endangers the public.

Police add that they have no reason to believe the man's burns resulted from actions other than those described by his girlfriend.

“We haven’t been able to talk with him yet; his condition is too bad to allow it. But we naturally plan to do so as soon as possible,” said Johansson.

I guess he impressed her alright. Impressed her with his stupidity. I wonder if all gasoline should be banned because of the actions of this "rocket scientist".

Link Removed

Failed party trick lands Swedish man in burn unit

Published: 27 Dec 08 07:03 CET
Online: Link Removed

A Swedish man’s attempt to impress his girlfriend on Friday night backfired, putting him in the hospital with serious burn injuries and facing allegations of endangering the public.

The woman told police in Västervik in south eastern Sweden that her boyfriend poured gasoline over his arm and set the fuel on fire.

“It obviously didn’t go well. He burned his arm and other parts of his body and was in a state of shock,” said Kalmar police spokesperson Reine Johansson to the TT news agency.

“Don’t ask me what the point of the trick was supposed to be.”

The 33-year-old man was taken via ambulance to the hospital in Västervik.

According to police he will likely need specialized care at the burn clinic of Linköping University Hospital.

Following the failed stunt, the man is also under suspicion for negligence which endangers the public.

Police add that they have no reason to believe the man's burns resulted from actions other than those described by his girlfriend.

“We haven’t been able to talk with him yet; his condition is too bad to allow it. But we naturally plan to do so as soon as possible,” said Johansson.

"Light a fire, Fight a liar, its all the same in existence".(Jack Kerouac)

The JOKE is supposed to be............He got arrested for having an illegal "firearm"................

???

sambo42xa thought mabe there was an illegal firearm issue.
I think he was showing off to his "Sheila" that he was an firearm expert. ???????

I think he was showing off to his "Sheila" that he was an firearm expert. ???????

I can think of better ways to do that, like taking her to the range. What a dumba**.

Maybe I should rephrase that, he got arrested for having an illegal "FIRE ARM" :rolleyes:. Actually, the story wasn't a joke, I was just trying too add a little humor to the subject.

I wouldn't quite say for nothing; if his date ended up being impressed, then it was worth it!

Maybe they were listening to The Doors.. You know...

..You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn't get much higher
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire

Y'know, if a fella feels the need to impress a date by igniting himself, I think that maybe the date is the wrong date for him. Either that or he's wrong for her if she needs that kind of impression. Maybe she'd be wise to get all FIRED up over someone else.

I don't know but I think that date went up in flames. Perhaps it was really a -:drag:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back