Starbucks now Neutral

BlueSkyLancero

Good Morning,

Starbucks, at least the 2 I use in the Triad area of NC, have removed their stickers and the local manager identifies as "neutral"!

Now if I could just enjoy a cigar while drinking coffee!

Went to the dentist a month ago, wife and son waited in the Starbucks next door. Open carried to pick them up, no signs, no looks, no one cared.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Will no longer spend my money with them.

You did yourself a favor. Outside of the "friends you may meet", you can spend your money on better coffee, very easily. I was a barista for several years and can attest to their inability to really supply a very good coffee. Then again, most of their offerings are akin to some kind of "candy" where the coffee is secondary to all the other stuff their customers ask for.

Hey buddy can you spare $1,100 for a cup of coffee?
- $1,100? Coffee only costs $1.50.
Yeah but I want to drink it in Brazil.

Sucks to be old enough to remember coffee at non chain diners for ten cents, free refills and the joint was making money. Shows my age. How a cup of coffee went from pocket change to gold card purchase is a crying shame. I want things back as they once were. Gone are the local diners i am afraid.

They've said from the beginning they weren't going to kick out anybody carrying. I didn't hold it against Starbucks, they were publicly neutral and got dragged into a fight they tried very hard to stay out of. Target and Chipotle on the other hand put those policies in place simply to shut up the anti's with no other reason, THEY have both lost my business indefinitely.

Sucks to be old enough to remember coffee at non chain diners for ten cents, free refills and the joint was making money. Shows my age. How a cup of coffee went from pocket change to gold card purchase is a crying shame. I want things back as they once were. Gone are the local diners i am afraid.

I must be older than you. I can remember having a complete breakfast and all the coffee I could drink for less than a dollar. those days are gone forever!

I know $tarbuck$ has 'asked' that people not bring their guns, especially the 'look at me' crowd with their AR's, but didn't believe they ever posted their stores.

But since I don't drink their burnt tasting waaaaaay over priced swill, I haven't been in one in years, no make that decades, though I have to pass by a $tarbuck$ kiosk located at the entrance of the grocery store we frequent.

When I was a road warrior, the best cup of coffee used to be McDonalds, frequently going through the drive-thru when getting on the road, long before they started trying to draw the $tarbuck$ crowd.

I must be older than you. I can remember having a complete breakfast and all the coffee I could drink for less than a dollar. those days are gone forever!

Hell I remember getting a plate lunch with 3 vegetables, a meat, rolls or cornbread, all the sweet tea you could drink, and a slice of pie for $1.25

You did yourself a favor. Outside of the "friends you may meet", you can spend your money on better coffee, very easily. I was a barista for several years and can attest to their inability to really supply a very good coffee. Then again, most of their offerings are akin to some kind of "candy" where the coffee is secondary to all the other stuff their customers ask for.

I find McDonalds coffee to be far superior to the always burnt tasting coffee at Starbucks.

I remember being told that back when the minimum wage was $1/hr.

Of course back then a dollar was 1oz of silver which today is priced at ......$15.79.
Fifteen dollar an hour for minimum wage, who'da thunk it?

But since I don't drink their burnt tasting waaaaaay over priced swill, I haven't been in one in years, no make that decades, though I have to pass by a $tarbuck$ kiosk located at the entrance of the grocery store we frequent.

Curiosity, are you conufusing FRESH coffee that's not watererd down for "burnt tasting"? If you drink Dunkin Donuts or Gas station stuff, that's probably all it is. I typically drink their iced coffee and on the rare occations I drink hot coffee I just get normal coffee (Yup, they DO have it!). A large Iced Coffee cost me I think $3.20 maybe vs Dunkin Donuts $2.90, for the freshness and it being made right well worth the $0.30. I don't do those weirdo crazy latte soy crap douche drinks, I like COFFEE too much for that, but I am a coffee snob in the sense of liking high quality fresh stuff.

I remember a grocery sore in the 60's that had free coffee for all shoppers. It was a little spot right in the middle of the store.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back