I can't be the only one!

Another newbie to this forum... just found out about it.

Had my NM and Utah CCWs for over 2 years. Farmington area.

Looking forward to spending time here!

CopterDr & Magistrate PO - Welcome to this site. Need to "gather together" after the current legislative session is over in February. We need to have a united voice to our legislative reps. on any/all CCW changes to start working on for the 60 day session in January of 2009 - takes a lot of time to sort out what is practical and possible in the way of changes and improvements. CopterDr - suggests that you fly off of San Juan Regional? I'm just east about 15 miles. My two reps. are on our side, and will work for reasonable change.
sailor

CopterDr & Magistrate PO - Welcome to this site. Need to "gather together" after the current legislative session is over in February. We need to have a united voice to our legislative reps. on any/all CCW changes to start working on for the 60 day session in January of 2009 - takes a lot of time to sort out what is practical and possible in the way of changes and improvements. CopterDr - suggests that you fly off of San Juan Regional? I'm just east about 15 miles. My two reps. are on our side, and will work for reasonable change.
sailor

Sounds good Sailor! I tend to go shooting out by the north powerplant... Close to home out in Kirtland. You guessed right, working out of San Juan Regional and the airport.

CopterDr - I drive about 2 miles east into the BLM - when the snow isn't too deep!, to an open area with a hill backstop. I read on these gun sites about all the private range problems, and can't help but feel sorry for all those that want to practice,that have to belong to a range, follow rules and regulations, limitations on what they can and cannot do, plus the cost. We may not have the best of CCW regulations, yet, but we sure do have our freedom! I do see you guys wop, wop, wopping over my home when you are heading to Navajo Lake and eastward. Once the current legislative session is over, and the dust settles, we need to organize our ideas on reasonable CCW changes to have the staff lawyers get some bills ready to present. Takes a long time to do.
sailor

Hi, hanktheyank (a yankee in the southwest?) - welcome, and stick around. We have all too few CCW in this state, and we all need to work together to make our situation better. Be thinking of what you would like to see improved (reasonable ideas), and how to convince the "Thou Shalt Not" legislators in the Round House that your ideas are good and reasonable ones. :)
sailor

Just Found This Site

Hey guys, another New Mexican here. I just found this site today.
I'm located at Sedillo Hill.

Applied for my CCL on the 14th of January, still waiting... and waiting.:neutraal:

I'll be carrying a S&W snubby, the 642-2. I'm just getting into reloading also.

I'll be attending a weekend snubby class in Austin TX in April, looking forward
to that.

Gary C

Glad I found this site also!

Applied JAN 4TH still waiting (typical NM BS)

I got my utah license in 5wks!!

I'm with you on the whole ccw process revamp. It really needs to change this state is too darn greedy!

Just sent mine in today!!

Northern Rio Rancho. Member of the Del Norte Gun Club. Beautiful outdoor ranges!!

I found a fun little game on:

Link Removed

Enjoy!!:icon_cheesygrin:

We are slowly gathering some numbers of NM CCW folks. Do you realize how few we are? The only news on changes in CCW to date - the new legislators are now officially elected, and they are busy picking what side they are on in different fields. Hopefully, some are on "our" side for CCW changes for the better, and others are willing to listen to reason. However, don't get your hopes up too much for useful change in CCW, as we have lost some "strongmen" from the legisature. Too soon to know what to expect in the 2009 session, but not too soon to talk to your legislators, and educate them if possible. The more that they hear from you, personally, the more they realize there is an interest and a need for changes/improvements in NM CCW. If they don't hear from you, they have to assume that you are happy with the status quo. They are your representatives, so tell them how you want to be represented. Also, a "shotgun" approach to legislation (asking for anything and everything) will go nowhere - focusing on one or two really important statutes to change is the only way to make any headway. Remember, we are a tiny minority of constituents, but we can be very vocal. And remember, courtesy and good manners always - a pat on the back will do a whole lot more than a threat!
sailor

What we need CCW wise is that a non citizen can get a CCW as I will soon have my weapon and I would like to CCW if not I'll open carry for a while. :yu: :biggrin:

Waiting in Las Cruces

Have applied and am waiting for CHL. Did want to ask question. Does anyone on this forum know about New Mexico laws pertaining to self defense knives (concealed and open carry)? I've just started trying to find info and there's not much available and what is available is very vague.

Thanks

I tried fining that information too and really couldn't find anything. I did find some statutes that talk about knives, and what I got out of it was that most straight-blade knives were considered deadly weapons and therefor illegal to carry, concealed or otherwise.

Max

Have applied and am waiting for CHL. Thanks
Do you remember what date you sent yours off?
My wife sent hers off Dec/15th...Im wondering how long it will take with the Holidays thrown in there... :fie:

Seems like mine took around 2 months , I didnt write down the date for mine as I have for her`s.

CHL time

Do you remember what date you sent yours off?
My wife sent hers off Dec/15th...Im wondering how long it will take with the Holidays thrown in there... :fie:

Seems like mine took around 2 months , I didnt write down the date for mine as I have for her`s.

Don't remember when I mailed it in, but the check was cashed on December 10 and I received my birth certificate on December 11. I'm using that as the point to start counting from.

That's when I started counting. The papers could sit at the office there for who knows how long depending on the backlog, but it is when they start process is when the clock starts.

Max

Don't remember when I mailed it in, but the check was cashed on December 10 and I received my birth certificate on December 11. I'm using that as the point to start counting from.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back