Felon looking for gun rights info

MichiganMan

I am 33 years old, back when i was 18 in high school i got arrested for having consensual sex with a girl in my school, she was a freshman. So i ended up getting an Attempted CSC 3 charge my senior year (non Expungeable) so i would like to know what process i need to go through to get my state gun rights restored. It has been 14 years, i haven't gotten in any trouble since, i am now married with a family and work at a good, stable job. I am looking for home protection and something for hunting, not really looking for a CCW/CPL permit. I am an avid crossbow hunter but would like to hunt with firearms along with some family that I've never had the chance to do. I am looking for home protection like a shotgun my wife and i can take classes on and learn to shoot and handle together. Then if my state rights get restored, i would eventually petition for federal gun rights to be restored. I have been told by 2 attorneys that non specific crimes you have to wait 3 years after completion of any probation or parole, and specified crimes are 5 years and you must petition the gun board. But all i can find is a petition for a CPL license, i just want to restore my gun right.... i am in Wayne County

Felons don't have gun rights. Actions have consequences. Having said that, you need to contact better legal counsel for your problem, unless the attorneys you spoke of have already said "nogo".

Felons don't have gun rights. Actions have consequences. Having said that, you need to contact better legal counsel for your problem, unless the attorneys you spoke of have already said "nogo".

Ok, I see you believe that nobody deserves a second chance in life, still should be paying for 1 action (that nearly everyone has done) nearly 15 years ago when I was an immature teenager. I broke the law, paid my debt yet here in my 30's should still be restricted and held back? That's not my america. But we'll just agree to disagree.

I'd say call a local gun shop and ask them or ask them to recommend a lawyer who specializes in laws pertaining to weapons. Not sure where in Wayne county you are, but maybe go to Firing Line (Garden City area) or if north east end of county go up to Close Quarter Tactical in Shelby Twp. They may be able to give you a good answer.
Good luck.

Try the law office of Barton Morris 248-541-2600. Find him online as well. Good luck...not everyone is as pure as the driven snow...just some are!

Ok, I see you believe that nobody deserves a second chance in life, still should be paying for 1 action (that nearly everyone has done) nearly 15 years ago when I was an immature teenager. I broke the law, paid my debt yet here in my 30's should still be restricted and held back? That's not my america. But we'll just agree to disagree.
I wouldn't continue to prejudice you because of the felony. If it was consensual, you were kids and there was no violence or complaint from the girl you should get your shotgun. I don't know about Michigan but in NY you can apply for a certificate of relief. This allows your gun rights to be restores. Perhaps you could search around for MI law on this before seeing another attorney.

Where in my post did I state that nobody deserves a second chance in life? I stated the obvious, and gave you an alternative (as did others). You need to loosen your BVDs a few notches, read between the lines, and quit putting words in my mouth. A thick skin would be helpful as well.

If you feel I've insulted you on some level, I apologize. That wasn't my intention.

I am 33 years old, back when i was 18 in high school i got arrested for having consensual sex with a girl in my school, she was a freshman. So i ended up getting an Attempted CSC 3 charge my senior year (non Expungeable) so i would like to know what process i need to go through to get my state gun rights restored. It has been 14 years, i haven't gotten in any trouble since, i am now married with a family and work at a good, stable job. I am looking for home protection and something for hunting, not really looking for a CCW/CPL permit. I am an avid crossbow hunter but would like to hunt with firearms along with some family that I've never had the chance to do. I am looking for home protection like a shotgun my wife and i can take classes on and learn to shoot and handle together. Then if my state rights get restored, i would eventually petition for federal gun rights to be restored. I have been told by 2 attorneys that non specific crimes you have to wait 3 years after completion of any probation or parole, and specified crimes are 5 years and you must petition the gun board. But all i can find is a petition for a CPL license, i just want to restore my gun right.... i am in Wayne County

See an attorney about getting a pardon from the Govenor of your State

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back