Statistics or facts on gun crimes by CCW permit holders?

I had to check - Florida's population is between 19 and 20 million. So, to me that makes sense - about half a million having CCW's. The stats I got on Indiana (1.4 million licenses to carry in 6.5 million population) don't seem right when you consider atleast a third or so would be children.

I had to check - Florida's population is between 19 and 20 million. So, to me that makes sense - about half a million having CCW's. The stats I got on Indiana (1.4 million licenses to carry in 6.5 million population) don't seem right when you consider atleast a third or so would be children.

It could be that the post where 402K CCWs issued isn't accurate anymore. That post was made in February of 2008. Lots can change in six and a half years......and has.

Blues

Seems it would be much higher than that.

The Indiana number of 1.4 million is wayyyy too high. How about 570K, as Link Removed.
That makes about 12.2% of age eligible residents permit holders, or roughly one in eight. (South Dakota is at 13% of age eligibles!)

Florida has about 1.25M permits in force; when the non-residents are excluded just over a million Floridians have permits.

A zombie thread. Great! Let's start talking about open carry or the U.S. Constitution, since we are off-topic anyway:

Has anyone here tried ordering anything from the website Legallyarmed.com and not receive there items they ordered after you pay for it. No replys after emailing website about order and get no response.

I am not sure why this thread was resurrected with an off-topic post. The OP posted only once and that was on 02-16-2008, i.e., more than five years ago. The first post was obviously a hit-and-run by a gun control troll.

The Indiana number of 1.4 million is wayyyy too high. How about 570K, as shown here.
That makes about 12.2% of age eligible residents permit holders, or roughly one in eight. (South Dakota is at 13% of age eligibles!
)

That makes much more sense than the 1.4 million that wikepedia had. I was beginning to think that I might have to buy a much larger gun to handle so many carrying here ! :eek: Thanks.

)

That makes much more sense than the 1.4 million that wikepedia had. I was beginning to think that I might have to buy a much larger gun to handle so many carrying here ! :eek: Thanks.
The wikipedia footnote links to the ISP reports page, yet the report they used in no way comes close to 1.4 million. Even if they add up all the totals (double counting, then) it's still shy of 1.4M.

Just goes to show, wikipedia is to knowledge like McDonalds is to cuisine.

I love resurrected threads. It gives me the excuse to go off the rails for a moment or two. Soul-cleansing, if you will...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back