Plaxico's Gun

I can see the Brady bunch quoting that last bit about guns being possessed.

I for one do not find this funny at all. I could see how this in the wrong hands could come back to bite use.

I am not sure how much play the "enemy" could gain out of thie video. Rather than guns being dangerous it comes across as idiots with guns are dangerous. Kind of like in one of Charles Bronson's Death wish movies. One of the bad guys ask him if guns scared him. He said "Guns have their purpose. It is idiots with guns that scare me."

I am not sure how much play the "enemy" could gain out of thie video. Rather than guns being dangerous it comes across as idiots with guns are dangerous. Kind of like in one of Charles Bronson's Death wish movies. One of the bad guys ask him if guns scared him. He said "Guns have their purpose. It is idiots with guns that scare me."

Probably not very much out of a video that is meant to be funny.

Okay. I have discovered that it was a Glock and it was .40S&W. I wonder if it was the 23 or 27? I doubt he would be trying to conceal the G22.

Last edited:
I don't mind satire. Remember Plexico was carrying illegally in NY(C). Anytime an illegal incident involving firearms occurs it comes back to hurt us. The damage has already been done.

I don't mind satire. Remember Plexico was carrying illegally in NY(C). Anytime an illegal incident involving firearms occurs it comes back to hurt us. The damage has already been done.

Not necessarily. If he had been carrying illegally without a permit in a shall issue state, then you might have a point.

Not necessarily. If he had been carrying illegally without a permit in a shall issue state, then you might have a point.

I am not following you here. Are you saying that if it had happened in FL or TN it would have been worse or better. He was carrying concealed which is illegal in 48 states I think and his FL permit had expired so he didn't have a permit. The only difference was that FL or TN are shall issue where I think NY is a may issue.

Might as well go ahead and make fun of him as it can't hurt now. :nhl_checking:

I am not following you here. Are you saying that if it had happened in FL or TN it would have been worse or better. He was carrying concealed which is illegal in 48 states I think and his FL permit had expired so he didn't have a permit. The only difference was that FL or TN are shall issue where I think NY is a may issue.

Might as well go ahead and make fun of him as it can't hurt now. :nhl_checking:

Well, I'm going to make fun of him regardless. Mexican carry while intoxicated is just plain stupid.

Anyway, did you know that in Arizona, concealed carry without a permit is a petty misdemeanor. Here in Indiana, for anyone without any priors, it's also a misdemeanor. I'm willing to bet that in most states, the worst that would happen would be having the firearm confiscated and a fine or probation. Only in PRNY does he have to worry about going to prison for several years.

I wonder where Mothers Against Drunk Driving are on this one? The real crime here is operating ANY machinery while intoxicated. Only an idiot would carry while drunking, period. Same with driving. I am neither for nor against consumption of beverage alcohol. Especially in moderation, it can be benificial to the health and spirit.But the fact is, it does impair judgement. Carrying a deadly weapon, or operating a motor vehicle while using alcohol in any amount is poor judgement.

Well, I'm going to make fun of him regardless. Mexican carry while intoxicated is just plain stupid.

Anyway, did you know that in Arizona, concealed carry without a permit is a petty misdemeanor. Here in Indiana, for anyone without any priors, it's also a misdemeanor. I'm willing to bet that in most states, the worst that would happen would be having the firearm confiscated and a fine or probation. Only in PRNY does he have to worry about going to prison for several years.

For that matter Mexican carry while intoxicated or sober is not a very good idea.

I wonder where Mothers Against Drunk Driving are on this one? The real crime here is operating ANY machinery while intoxicated. Only an idiot would carry while drunking, period. Same with driving. I am neither for nor against consumption of beverage alcohol. Especially in moderation, it can be benificial to the health and spirit.But the fact is, it does impair judgement. Carrying a deadly weapon, or operating a motor vehicle while using alcohol in any amount is poor judgement.

That doesn't necessarily make it a crime. In Plaxico's case, however, he could have injured someone, and for that reason (not because he had been drinking), he should be punished. If we require anyone who is carrying to have a blood alcohol content of 0%, then that rules out using cough syrup or mouthwash prior to carrying. Is that what we really want?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back