Flying into Hartsfield-Jackson Airport

agewolf

Hello,

I'm an Alaskan Concealed Handgun Permit holder and have been CC'd for almost 20 years, but have not flown into HJA since reciprocity. After disembarking and leaving the TSA secured area, is there a discreet location for loading and concealing my firearm in the airport? We will be renting a car for continued travel to our destination.

Also, in researching GA carry laws, I read that when contacted by a LEO it is NOT a requirement to immediately inform the officer that you are permitted and armed. Forgive me, but this is an alien concept for me and if said contact were to occur (traffic stop), I'm afraid I would feel compelled to inform the officer immediately. Any sage advice from the experienced Georgia carriers?

Thanks.

The only place in the terminal that I can think of to load and conceal your firearm is in a bathroom stall or wait until you get your vehicle. For Georgia's gun laws go to georgiapacking.org and you will find the gun laws in plain english. You do not have to inform the police officer on a stop, but if you do he will probably say I don't care, that is my experience. Enjoy our hot weather, it is in the 90s.

Thanks for the info foxytwo. Yeah, I spoke with my Dad today, he said it was 92! Good lord, I'm gonna die.

The only place in the terminal that I can think of to load and conceal your firearm is in a bathroom stall or wait until you get your vehicle. For Georgia's gun laws go to georgiapacking.org and you will find the gun laws in plain english. You do not have to inform the police officer on a stop, but if you do he will probably say I don't care, that is my experience. Enjoy our hot weather, it is in the 90s.

FWIW: In GA it is legal to carry inside an airport building, just not into the "sterile" areas

Hello,

I'm an Alaskan Concealed Handgun Permit holder and have been CC'd for almost 20 years, but have not flown into HJA since reciprocity. After disembarking and leaving the TSA secured area, is there a discreet location for loading and concealing my firearm in the airport? We will be renting a car for continued travel to our destination.

Also, in researching GA carry laws, I read that when contacted by a LEO it is NOT a requirement to immediately inform the officer that you are permitted and armed. Forgive me, but this is an alien concept for me and if said contact were to occur (traffic stop), I'm afraid I would feel compelled to inform the officer immediately. Any sage advice from the experienced Georgia carriers?

Thanks.

I agree with the posts above. I flew to Houston, TX, last summer, and I loaded up in the baggage claim area while sitting down waiting for my shuttle to the hotel. I did it very carefully, looking around to make sure no one was staring me down, but I had no problem. Of course, the Houston Hobby airport is much quieter and smaller than HJA!

In airports that allow carry everywhere but the sterile area, the bathroom handicap stalls are the places to go. Flush the toilet when you rack the slide. Note PA is like GA. MCO (Orlando, FL) you would have to do it outside the terminal building in the garage.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back