GA citizens in an uproar!

Radar_Rider

I am sure that if you live in GA and carry, you have seen this:

Link Removed

I shared it on Facebook and have had interesting comments. In the wake of the new extended gun laws signed by Gov. Deal this week, the press (especially NBC) is just chomping at the bit to prove how bad of a decision this was. Any opportunity to prove (or what they perceive to prove) their point is taken. What do you guys and gals think of this one?

I think that it is funny that there will extra security at a soccer game. Does that mean people with GUNS carring out in the open! :eek:

I'm from TX where even though we don't have open carry people don't go crazy when they notice I have a gun. I think people in GA just need to get used to it

When my son played soccer I have seen people at kids soccer games go just nuts sometimes, violently, where other parents had to intervene. I understand the concern of parents about someone carrying a gun at a kids soccer game, even though I agree he has the right to do it.

When my son played soccer I have seen people at kids soccer games go just nuts sometimes, violently, where other parents had to intervene. I understand the concern of parents about someone carrying a gun at a kids soccer game, even though I agree he has the right to do it.
I hear ya, Trapper. Any kids sports game has its share of parents that are out of control. I have a good friend that had to quit going to his son's baseball games because of bad behavior. It's nuts!

I watched more than a few pundits go batsh!t over the ne GA law. One woman on Fox News was warning how this will result in more death. She's sitting in a studio in NY not understanding that other than school carry, all of these places have always been legal right in NYS. And no one with a CCW permit has hurt anyone in any of these places.

The sheriff, as well as the GeorgiaCarry.org group, said they talked to the man, who they say has a permit, and urged him not to flaunt the gun even though he has a legal right to.

How is he flaunting his firearm by carrying it legally in his waistband?

Just because some tool of a parent can't let their kids play a game without becoming a raving nut job has absolutely NOTHING to do with trampling on this other man's rights.

Oh noooooooooo, a man is armed and it is carrying openly. How many of the GA folk down there during these baseball and soccer games had one tucked away concealed? Hmmmm, inquiring minds want to know. But glad there will be extra security for the one man who threatened no one. :wacko:

Usually, mental disorders are the cause for the fear of firearms... and before somebody tries to throw out the straw-man argument about some people may have been a victim of a gun crime, lost someone to a gun, etc... so that makes it okay, I've had more bullets fired at me in Afghanistan than most of you shoot in a year or two, with far bigger weaponry than a handgun... seen dead and wounded men, women and children yet, I don't have an irrational fear of weapons.

I have a need to be the one armed!

Crazy, but someone please post the 2nd amendment or all of them and point out anywhere that says I need a license, state or cities permission to carry. I'll wait.

If these idiots understood that a person openly carrying a firearm is not nearly as dangerous as those that carry concealed. Before you go bat sh..t crazy on me, let me explain. A bad guy carrying concealed has the element of surprise if he wants to create some mayhem where as a person carrying openly can be observed and can be reacted to if he should choose to unholster his firearm. The Washington Navy Yard was a good example of what I am talking about...the shooter carried the weapon in a duffle/gym bag, thus it was concealed and the only way people could react was fall over dead once the shooter began his rampage. The purpose of him carrying concealed was to go undetected while establishing his kill zone. Now I carry open and concealed. What I am doing and where I am going dictates which way I carry. Now if they saw a man walking around with a claw hammer in his hand would they have gotten so spooked. Probably not...a hammer is a tool. Yes but a hammer was used to slaughter a family of 4, including an infant and 6 year old, in Richmond Virginia several years ago. A firearm is also a tool and folks just need to get used to it. My personal preference is if a bad guy wants to kill me I would rather him shoot me than beat me to death with a claw hammer...just my preference.

Usually, mental disorders are the cause for the fear of firearms... and before somebody tries to throw out the straw-man argument about some people may have been a victim of a gun crime, lost someone to a gun, etc... so that makes it okay, I've had more bullets fired at me in Afghanistan than most of you shoot in a year or two, with far bigger weaponry than a handgun... seen dead and wounded men, women and children yet, I don't have an irrational fear of weapons.

I have a need to be the one armed!
Thanks Gunner Bob! We appreciate your service! These people in GA are somewhat new to carry laws. I think it will be more common soon. I personally carry concealed, but have done open on occasions (lazy :fie:). I am glad to see more folks open about it, not only in public, but on social media, etc.

If I may address a few points; being quite close to the subject (well, 18 minutes down the road from Fowler Park)
How is he flaunting his firearm by carrying it legally in his waistband?
  • The unsubstantiated accusation is that he was lifting his shirt and telling the innocent children that he had a gun or some such.
  • Then there's the unsubstantiated accusation that he was 'waving it around.'
  • We have an unsubstantiated report that Deputy Ryan Yeaton spoke with the man and threatened to have him trespassed from a public park although he was not in violation of any park rules, city or county ordinance, Georgia Code, federal law.

What we Do know is -
  • that several people saw him over the course of two days
  • that calls were made to the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office and that FCSO said the man's conduct was legal as long as he possessed a Georgia Weapons License and that they anticipated taking no action against his legal conduct
  • that FCSO, after repeated calls alleging conduct of a 'more serious nature,' did meet and speak with the individual.

We also have a claim from a woman who said she was there that "it's common for husbands to carry openly while their children play and for mother's to conceal in their purses." She has been challenged to provide photographic proof of such.

I SUSPECT, that after several calls were made to FCSO and FCSO declined to intervene in a situation where no illegality had occurred, that parents who were miffed that their concerns were not being properly mollified decided to "kick it up a notch or three" began to allege conduct that more certain to force FCSO into responding.

An Open Records Act request has been transmitted to the Forsyth County 911 Center.

I don't claim his conduct was completely aboveboard and innocuous; I do suspect the exuberance of youth and a certain hysteria that fed upon itself. But, hey, I wasn't there.

Just because some tool of a parent can't let their kids play a game without becoming a raving nut job has absolutely NOTHING to do with trampling on this other man's rights.

I believe you misunderstood my point. I never said he shouldn't carry or shouldn't be allowed to carry, what I said was I understand why the parents would be concerned.

When some people see a gun, be it legal carry or not they freak out, and 911 gets a MWAG call, .............yesterday I go into the mens room at Wally World, a older guy was in there, looked like he was waiting for his grandson who was in a stall, so hear I am standing there trying to take a leak, and the old fart says is that a gun, (my compact Kimber 45) in a OTB holster, I said trying to show respect yes sir it is, and then he says your not going to pull it and shoot me are you, and I said only if you try to shoot me first, I was kind of caught off ghard, this old dipstick probably wasn't 10 years older than me, on that way out I just kept thing I hoped that I didn't get that stupid, what if I was a banger or some other BG, that stupid old fart may have got pistol whipped for his trouble, or worse, ...........carrying open may be a legal right, but its not always the best thing to do

21 April​
18:43 Liz Malone
  • Reports a man lifted his shirt to show her the gun in his waistband. She states that he is 'a little overweight' and didn't look like he was there to exercise.
18:49 Liz Malone
  • Calls back to say she sees him again by the athletic fields and "COMPLAINANT SAYS IT LOOKS LIKE HE IS JUST WALKING AROUND THE PARK"

22 April​
17:44 Joseph Jason
  • Reports a man has a gun in his waistband. CALLER DID NOT WITNESS THE GUN, THIS IS THIRD PARTY INFORMATION.
17:50 Cheryl White
  • calls to report white male drinking out of a water bottle and walking in park with gun in pants.
17:56 Cheryl White
  • wants to talk to someone about man with gun.
17:58 Jeff Jones
  • reports a man at Fowler Park with all the soccer fields is holding a bottle of water in his hands and a gun in back of waistband.
18:05 Telly Helms (Head of Forsyth Parks and Recreation.)
  • Wants to speak to S.O. (call went to voicemail)
18:27 Jean (Gene?) (No Last Name given Retired from NYPD)
  • reports a man with handgun in pants ("Q. HANDS ON THE GUN? A. NO") "CALLER SAYS HE KEEPS PUTTING HANDS ON THE GUN //CALLER IS RETIRED NYPD// SAYS THERE ARE KIDS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THIS IS WRONG."
18:29 Jodi Benson
  • reports man with gun in park "subject was arrested yesterday", caller transferred to non-emergency line.
18:37 Jason Joseph
  • calls on line 10 "CALLER IS ADVISING THAT HE IS NOT CARR(Y)ING THE GUN PROPERLY // HE IS SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF PEOPLE."
18:38 Carla Muller
  • reports armed man with gun going onto the fields where kids are playing.. now he's in the baseball diamonds.
18:41 Terry Joseph
  • calls on line 10 (no specificity listed on report)
18:48 Matt Haze (or Hayes?)
  • reports that he is uncomfortable. A man is "just wondering around with a gun in his belt."
18:50 Matt (NLN)
  • reports a man walking with a gun in his belt and wants deputies dispatched, the man is sitting down, down by the main gate.
18:51 Michelle Kirkland
  • reports a man walking around with a gun and is scared. "COMPLAINANT IS SCARED ABOUT THE MALE WALKING AROUND WITH THE GUN // MALE IS NOT THREATENING ANYONE WITH THE WEAPON // COMPLAINANT FEELS THREATENED"
18:51 David Coon (friend of Paul Clewell below)
  • reports man walking around with exposed gun. "CALLER DEMANDS TO SPEAK WITH A DEPUTY / PEOPLE ARE SCARED//"
18:52 Justin (NLN)
  • Reports a man at the field has a gun and was told to leave by the coaches but comes back.
18:54 Carla (NLN)
  • Reports a man is still walking around with a gun and wants a deputy to let the families leave.
18:55 Paul Clewell (Midway Athletic Club, 6-and up, Baseball director (originally from NY))
  • reports a man with a gun is at the playground and has a gun tucked in his pants. "PER COMPLAINANT THIS SAME MALE TOOK HIS GUN OUT LAST NIGHT AND THREATENED COMPLAINANTS NEIGHBOR/ S52" ((n.b. Signal-52 is Assault in some departments))
18:57 Liz Krupit
  • reports a man with a gun walking around Fowler Park.
18:57 Karen Rob
  • reports "MAN BRANDISHING A GUN// HE HAS IT OUT IN HIS HANDS// A BUNCH OF PARENTS HAVE GONE UP THERE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE// THE KIDS ARE HIDING BEHIND DUG OUTS//
19:05 Faith (NLN)
  • reports a man has a gun in his pocket, doesn't look "normal" and is pulling his shirt up to show the gun.
19:27 Liz Crupet
  • reports her friend says they have not seen a cop.
19:30 Kelly (possibly Telly Helms, with Parks&Recreation)
  • reports he has been told by his coaches that a man with gun in pants is at baseball field and was flashing the gun. Caller was not present at park.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back