Cost Of Bailout Hits $8.5 Trillion

HK4U

This just keeps getting better and better. I posted something a few weeks back to the effect that before it was over the cost would be a lot more than we were told.

Cost Of Bailout Hits $8.5 Trillion

Total sum represents 60 per cent of GDP

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The total cost of funds committed to the bailout in its various guises has now hit $8.5 trillion dollars, up from $7.7 trillion in just two days after the federal government committed an additional $800 billion to two new loan programs on Tuesday.

The total amount of funds now committed equals a figure that represents 60 per cent of the U.S. gross domestic product.

Millions of Americans with savings accounts and pensions will ultimately pay the price because, as the San Francisco Chronicle admits today, “The Fed lends money from its own balance sheet or by essentially creating new money.”

You’ll also find this little snippet in the article, “Most of the money, about $5.5 trillion, comes from the Federal Reserve, which as an independent entity does not need congressional approval to lend money to banks or, in “unusual and exigent circumstances,” to other financial institutions.

Just another reminder that the private, run for profit, Federal Reserve has the printing presses cranked on overdrive in order to bailout Wall Street and the big banks, while the homeowner and the middle class see their savings devalued out of existence.

“If you print money all the time, the money becomes worth less,” warns Diane Lim Rogers, chief economist with the Concord Coalition, but its an empty threat to delirious traders and investors drunk on a record stock market rally after the government pumped more fake liquidity into the bloated bubble.

Veteran investor Jim Rogers echoed the sentiment, predicting the dollar is “going to lose its status as the world’s reserve currency,” adding, “It will be devalued and it will go down a lot. These guys in Washington, they want to debase the currency.”

“They think that if you drive down the value of your money, it makes you more competitive, now that has never worked in history in the long term,” said Rogers.

How long will it be before Americans realize the looming specter of hyperinflation spells disaster for their life savings? How long will it be before we see rioting in the streets on a par with the scenes witnessed in Iceland over the weekend, where the Icelandic krona has lost half its value in a matter of weeks?

Meanwhile, over in the UK, the government assured the vast majority of the population that they will “tax the rich” in order to pay for the bailout on the other side of the Atlantic, with whopping 61 per cent tax bands being levied on those earning over £100,000 a year.

Since when was £100,000 a year “rich”? After tax, even if someone was able to save half of their remaining income, it would take them around 30 years to save a million pounds, adjusting for inflation. That is not rich.

The reality of course is that it is the middle class who will once again foot the bill for everything, leaving the elite to prolong their con game of fiat money and imaginary credit , once again suckering the poor in for a lifetime of indentured financial servitude.

As we used to say when were were kids, sounds like the little head is talking for the big head. It looks like it will get alot worse before it gets better....

Buy gold...coins...I like the austrian vienna philharmonics as they are one of the only gold coins that the us government cannot/does not require to be reported. Have them shipped directly to you.

Be your own federal reserve.

If you want more info, PM me and I will give you contact info for my broker who will do you right. Nothing in it for me, just my two cents.

Buy gold...coins...I like the austrian vienna philharmonics as they are one of the only gold coins that the us government cannot/does not require to be reported. Have them shipped directly to you.

Be your own federal reserve.

If you want more info, PM me and I will give you contact info for my broker who will do you right. Nothing in it for me, just my two cents.

I like this idea..

Congress definitely needs an enema, the Obama monkey thinks he's it but he's more a part of the problem.

As part of my ongoing efforts at shameless self-promotion, I thought I would post a link to my latest published article on this subject. If you get a moment you might enjoy it:

Link Removed

and I benefit from the hit count, so even if you don't read it, please give it a 'click' :wacko:

Congress definitely needs an enema, the Obama monkey thinks he's it but he's more a part of the problem.

I once thought that maybe he'd appoint people to his economic advisory team who would talk him out of some of the stuff he's proposed, but I was wrong. This has all the makings of the FDR presidency, in which an already poor economy was made worse with his meddling.

I once thought that maybe he'd appoint people to his economic advisory team who would talk him out of some of the stuff he's proposed, but I was wrong. This has all the makings of the FDR presidency, in which an already poor economy was made worse with his meddling.

More like Carter to me, unpopular war, unpopular President, oil prices all over the place...I just hope there's no equivalent of the 444 day hostage crisis.

He promised change...some folks better watch what they wished for 'cause they're about to get it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back