Concealed Pistol License Test

ctharry

I got my CPL a couple weeks ago, took the test a few months back. I found the 50 question T or F test to be ridiculously easy. It just seems to me that the testing would be a bit more difficult. The 8 hour class was great. Videos, power point slides and many real life examples and then of course shooting 30 rounds at a target. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

I agree, but the real test starts now. Its up to you how you train form here.You should continue to read about self defence with and without your firearm. Shooting 30 rounds down range just lets the teachers know you can handle your handgun safely.Now is the time to train yourself,Practice your draw,practice shooting from the hip and from a good stance,practice reloading, practice your sence of what is going on around you at all times.You have proven to the state you should be aloud to carry, now you have the responsabilty to continue on your own.

I didn't have to take a test to get my first Washington permission slip...the hardest part about getting my wa permit was bending over and retrieving money from my anus to pay the state for a Right I apparently **** on for the last decade...

I do not feel the same way as you. It should not be hard for anyone living freely to carry a firearm.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

In TN, I had to do 50 rounds (20 at 3 yards, 20 at 5 yards, and 10 at 7 yards... on a specific target where 30something had to be in the target area)... was still very easy.

We had 25 T/F questions and 25 multiple choice. They had enough questions easy enough anyone should be able to pass no matter if you took the class or not, but there were a couple that were something you couldn't probably just get right from common sense. Sadly, even if you missed all those you'd still pass the test if you got everything else right. It might just be a test of common sense, or some of us have more common sense than others... but I've yet to talk to anyone who thought the test was hard.

In MN it's 10 shots at 7 yds with 7 in the target range. Very easy. There was only 5 of us in the class and 3 were women. I liked the fact that more women want CC!! :dance3:

Any test is easy when you know the material. If you were to take the average person off the street who had never had any training or used a gun before it would not be so easy to them. That is the purpose of the training and test. It is not to see if you can hit the center of the target at 50 yards but do you have enough common sense and basic knowledge of guns and the laws to walk around in public with a gun in your pocket. Without some kind of background or training in guns most people could not pass the test even though you thought it was easy.

No government-mandated carry permit test, which you will have totally forgotten after a few months, will prepare you for real-life self defense situations. That, only regular training and practice can do. A carry permit class may qualify as a basic 101 training class at best.

I got my CPL a couple weeks ago, took the test a few months back. I found the 50 question T or F test to be ridiculously easy. It just seems to me that the testing would be a bit more difficult. The 8 hour class was great. Videos, power point slides and many real life examples and then of course shooting 30 rounds at a target. Does anyone else feel the same way?

A test to get a CCW?

The SC test & training are easy as well. But, my comment is not about how easy a test/qualification is.

My question is: "Why should we have to test at all?"

I used to think like many here- but thanks to a bunch of other folks on this and other forums, I now believe the only requirement should be your US Citizenry.

IMHO; If you're an American citizen and you are allowed to associate with others freely out in public, you should be able to carry anything you can physically tote around on your person you wish to carry in order to protect yourself. Heck, I'm for allowing American citizens to mount a 50cal machine gun in the back of their pick up trucks or carry an rpg in their trunk if they choose now.

The combined size of the American citizenry that carries a firearm for protection now would make up one of the largest armed militias on the planet. If handguns & personal rifles & shotguns have helped keep enemy nations from invading us up til now, just think of the message it would send to would be evil doers (foreign & domestic), if instead of just a "gun behind every tree", our enemies would be worried about "a 50cal in every truck" and "an RPG in every trunk".

-

-

I understand what you guys are saying. I have no problem with people carrying guns I wish I would have got my CPL sooner. I just see some people in my class who have never even picked up a gun or fired one taking a class to be certified to conceal it. it seems like you would become familiar with a gun first and then once familiar using it you would take that class. one girl was trying to load bullets in the cylinder of the revolver with the barrel pointed towards her. one guy had his semi auto 45 jam and instead of pointing it at the ground and working the slide to clear the jam he leaves the barrel pointed as if still firing and turns to the instructor moving the pointed barrel in front of his classmates and then asks what should I do. I definitely do not claim to be an expert. just makes sense to familiarize yourself with your gun first I guess.

I wish I had never gotten my permission slip...I wish I had the respect I have now for the Constitution then I did when I paid the government to infringe on my Right...

I do not point my firearms at the ground when I have a jam. It stays up in my work zone pointed in a safe direction while I trouble shoot the problem.

The thing about freedom, is to not control others when they are dangerous or unsafe, it's to teach them or leave.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

The SC test & training are easy as well. But, my comment is not about how easy a test/qualification is.

My question is: "Why should we have to test at all?"

I used to think like many here- but thanks to a bunch of other folks on this and other forums, I now believe the only requirement should be your US Citizenry.

IMHO; If you're an American citizen and you are allowed to associate with others freely out in public, you should be able to carry anything you can physically tote around on your person you wish to carry in order to protect yourself. Heck, I'm for allowing American citizens to mount a 50cal machine gun in the back of their pick up trucks or carry an rpg in their trunk if they choose now.

The combined size of the American citizenry that carries a firearm for protection now would make up one of the largest armed militias on the planet. If handguns & personal rifles & shotguns have helped keep enemy nations from invading us up til now, just think of the message it would send to would be evil doers (foreign & domestic), if instead of just a "gun behind every tree", our enemies would be worried about "a 50cal in every truck" and "an RPG in every trunk".

-

-

I do not know how practical this would work in real life but I cannot disagree with your thoughts here. The 2A says "Arms" and those who try to define arms as some small type of guns such as handguns or those that the military use are just making up the rules to suit themselves. I am not sure how it would work allowing 12 year olds to carry M-16's to school with them but I cannot say that anything in 2A prohibits it.

I understand what you guys are saying. I have no problem with people carrying guns I wish I would have got my CPL sooner. I just see some people in my class who have never even picked up a gun or fired one taking a class to be certified to conceal it. it seems like you would become familiar with a gun first and then once familiar using it you would take that class. one girl was trying to load bullets in the cylinder of the revolver with the barrel pointed towards her. one guy had his semi auto 45 jam and instead of pointing it at the ground and working the slide to clear the jam he leaves the barrel pointed as if still firing and turns to the instructor moving the pointed barrel in front of his classmates and then asks what should I do. I definitely do not claim to be an expert. just makes sense to familiarize yourself with your gun first I guess.

You ever see some first time drivers? Scary as well but after additional training and familiarization most become competent.

I do not disagree with the right to carry a gun either concealed or open but either way as you say is makes sense to become familiar with it before you do. We cannot legislate stupidity away and the CPL/CCW laws are an attempt to do that. I don't have the answers but I do know there are many people walking around with a gun that have no business with one.

I do not disagree with the right to carry a gun either concealed or open but either way as you say is makes sense to become familiar with it before you do. We cannot legislate stupidity away and the CPL/CCW laws are an attempt to do that. I don't have the answers but I do know there are many people walking around with a gun that have no business with one.

and that is a price we must be willing to live with if we are to remain a free society.

-

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back