American civics literacy quiz

I answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 % Not bad for a mom with a theater degree . . .

Some of those took some thinking!! Thanks for the test . . . :)

Tatt how did you get 29 out of 33 and Mom and I both got 28 out of 33. Did you get a bonus question?:biggrin:

Well it looks like we are all above average so far. Course we alread knew that didn't we?:dance3:

You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 %

Average score for this quiz during November: 78.1%
Average score: 78.1%

Ok, well I didn't do as well as you all, but still not bad for a drop out w/GED. :cool:

I sent them an email, as I have a nit to pick on the last question:

33) If taxes equal government spending, then:
A. government debt is zero
B. printing money no longer causes inflation
C. government is not helping anybody
D. tax per person equals government spending per person
E. tax loopholes and special-interest spending are absent

So far as I can tell, only A is correct, as taxes (revenue) equal spending (expenditures) the result is 0 debt in any given year. If I collect $10 and then spend $10, I have no debt.
Their preferred answer is D, but *assuming* a progressive tax rate—which we have—the taxes per person vary, and the spending on each individual vary, also (higher tax bracket individuals consume fewer government services, for instance)

I will pass it on if and when they answer.:mamba:

I answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 % Not bad for a mom with a theater degree . . .

Some of those took some thinking!! Thanks for the test . . . :)

I got the same. IMO some of the questions were open to interpretation, such as the effect of international trade on a nation's economy.

So far as I can tell, only A is correct, as taxes (revenue) equal spending (expenditures) the result is 0 debt in any given year. If I collect $10 and then spend $10, I have no debt.
Their preferred answer is D, but *assuming* a progressive tax rate—which we have—the taxes per person vary, and the spending on each individual vary, also (higher tax bracket individuals consume fewer government services, for instance)

Yep, I missed that one also with the same logic. Looks like they are using an averaging system rather than actual paid in/paid out per individual. Total taxes received/number of citizens=Total expenditures/number of citizens.

Brain busted can't think

You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %

Yikes that was tough!

I picked A on that one.

Civics

I have to say Thank you for the Link to this quiz. I, too, did the 84%. But was more impressed with the conclusions and findings. I'd love to have my grandson's teachers take the time to see how they do.

It might have helped/clarified if they had phrased the answer this way:

*average* tax per person equals *average* government spending per person

instead of just

tax per person equals government spending per person

It would have helped me, at least. :alcoholic:

I have to say Thank you for the Link to this quiz. I, too, did the 84%. But was more impressed with the conclusions and findings. I'd love to have my grandson's teachers take the time to see how they do.

Welcome to USA Carry ricbak. I'm honored that you chose to post on my thread as your first ever post on USA Carry.

I got 28 9f 33 and answered the last one "A" also. That one seems to be a poorly worded question. But it was a good overall test!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back