Maryland house bill 62 introduced

SR9

Maryland Delagate Smigiel has introduced House Bill 62 which would extend reciprocity for carrying concealed in the State of Maryland to holders of permits in Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/hb/hb0062f.pdf

This bill if passed will eliminate one of the worst stumbling blocks to the 2nd Amendment found in the MId-Atlantic region.
I grew up on the Eastern Shore of MD and have lived in DE. for many years. I hold C/C permits from Delaware and Pennsylvania, which covers me for 29 states. The problem is, anytime I go to MD. to visit friends and relatives I cannot carry legally. Anytime I go anywhere in a westerly direction like to go to Virginia, West Virginia, etc. I have to go through Maryland. Although covered by the Federal Firearms Transport Law, I cannot carry to protect either I or my family.
I ask all readers of this forum to Call, Write, Email, Text, their Md. State Representatives and give them positive encouragement to vote YEA on HB 62.

I hope our State Representatives listen to the people that voted for them! It's about time that someone in Maryland state government defend the 2nd Amendment.

Maryland Delagate Smigiel has introduced House Bill 62 which would extend reciprocity for carrying concealed in the State of Maryland to holders of permits in Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/hb/hb0062f.pdf

This bill if passed will eliminate one of the worst stumbling blocks to the 2nd Amendment found in the MId-Atlantic region.
I grew up on the Eastern Shore of MD and have lived in DE. for many years. I hold C/C permits from Delaware and Pennsylvania, which covers me for 29 states. The problem is, anytime I go to MD. to visit friends and relatives I cannot carry legally. Anytime I go anywhere in a westerly direction like to go to Virginia, West Virginia, etc. I have to go through Maryland. Although covered by the Federal Firearms Transport Law, I cannot carry to protect either I or my family.
I ask all readers of this forum to Call, Write, Email, Text, their Md. State Representatives and give them positive encouragement to vote YEA on HB 62.

Scheduled for a hearing before the Judiciary Committee at 1:00 PM, 3/4/2014, ALONG WITH the other Pro-Gun bills HB36 and HB60. Good luck.

It would be great if Marylanders started emailing and talking to everyone you know about the up coming HB62, and get them on the ball and put pressure on their Legislators to vote this bill thru. They are not interested in out-of-staters, because they don't vote for them or pay their over-blown salaries. Make sure they know that 2014 re-election is coming closer and closer. This is the year to get something done.
As a Maryland born good ol' sho' boy, I'm counting on you. I have CCW's in 2 states that cover 27 states, but not Maryland. Help!

This bill comes up every year. They will not let their taxpayers carry so I highly doubt it will pass. It would be great if it did But most likely not.

I was born and raised in Maryland, but have lived in Delaware for 50 years. One of the reasons I never went back there to live was because of it's restrictive laws on guns. At least here we can open carry and conceal carry. Takes a while to get a permit and cost over $235.00 with course training, app. fees, background and prints, and paper ads required. I got mine in 8 weeks here. I couldn't even get one in Maryland because it is nearly a Communist anti-gun state. I feel sorry for those living there under comrade O'Malley. And now he wants to be President? I think not!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back