Changing Charging Handle Latch On An AR15

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just wondering how easy/hard it is to change out the charging handle lever. Is it just that one pin I need to punch out and then put the spring back in the right place?

Just wanted to check first before I bought a new tactical one. My friend has one on his and thought it was pretty neat.

If you are changing the charging handle latch then it just like you said. Punch out the pin and there's a spring, some have a spring and plunger/detent. Just put the new one in the slot and compress the spring lining up the hole. Drive the pin in until flush. Easy a pie...

Last edited:
Easy as cake. I like it and looks good too. I put on the Badger Ordnance Tactical Latch.

Link Removed

I like it a lot. I shot with my friend yesterday who had one on his brand new Charles Daily. It does make it a bit easier to cock. Plus it looks cooler. :biggrin:

I'm going to add the enhanced trigger guard to it next.
Link Removed

Thanks that reminded me that I have one that I bought some time ago and never installed it. It looks great on yours so I guess I have to put it on one of mine. :biggrin:

I like it a lot. I shot with my friend yesterday who had one on his brand new Charles Daily. It does make it a bit easier to cock. Plus it looks cooler. :biggrin:

I'm going to add the enhanced trigger guard to it next.
Link Removed

I have a magpul enhanced trigger guard on mine. Looks great and makes it easier to shoot with gloves.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back