List Of New Mexico Gun Ranges

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
This thread will be used to list all gun ranges in New Mexico. If you would like to help, please post the name, address, phone number, and any other information of a gun range in New Mexico and I will list keep them listed in this first post alphabetically.

Butterfield Range, Las Cruces

The Las Cruces, NM municipal shooting range is called the "Butterfield Range."

It is approximately 10 miles west of the Las Cruces Airport on Interstate 10. Get on I-10 and drive west
until you find the Corolitos (sp?) exit at the Bowlin's Running Indian tourist trap. Take the exit, turn right
for about a quarter of a mile, then turn west.

The problem I see with this range is that it is unattended. There is no telephone there and quite often, no
other people there either.

The place seems to be clean and well cared for, but if you have an accident, you are on you own. Also,
there are no target stands. You have to bring your own targets and stands.

Alamogordo, NM

The shooting range at Alamogordo is attended, well kept and a pleasant place to shoot.

From Alamogordo take Highway 54 north to Highway 70 to Cloudcroft and turn right (east). Turn north
on the road to La Luz, Nm. There are signs marking the way.

Drive north alway through the town. Where you turn east was unmarked the last time I was there, but
hopefully they have put the signs back up.

The range has an on premises safety officer to collect fees and sell targets if you don't bring any of your
own. The fees are reasonable, as I recall it was $10.00 for all day. I don't know the phone number.

Norther New Mexico

Northern Rio Grande Sportsmans club

A private, non-profit club in Northern New Mexico. The club maintains archery, pistol, and rifle ranges, sponsors competitions and training, and promotes the safe enjoyment of outdoor shooting and archery activities.

Club facilities include a covered 400 yard rifle range, a 50 yard pistol range, a 200 yard rifle range for silhouette and high power, and extensive archery ranges.

Club membership is opened to all U.S. citizens who are eligible to possess firearms and are willing to abide by club regulations.

Update**

The shooting range at Alamogordo is attended, well kept and a pleasant place to shoot.

From Alamogordo take Highway 54 north to Highway 70 to Cloudcroft and turn right (east). Turn north
on the road to La Luz, Nm. There are signs marking the way.

Drive north alway through the town. Where you turn east was unmarked the last time I was there, but
hopefully they have put the signs back up.

The range has an on premises safety officer to collect fees and sell targets if you don't bring any of your
own. The fees are reasonable, as I recall it was $10.00 for all day. I don't know the phone number.

Here is the information you omitted. I shoot here regularly and it is a good range.

19 Rock Cliff Road
La Luz, New Mexico 88337

Phone: 575-443-9006
Link Removed

I just realized no one has mentioned the best shooting range of all.

The NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM.

Best range in the entire country!

Albuquerque, NM:

Zia Rifle and Pistol Club. Located South of the Albuquerque Sunport (airport). Must be a member. See website for details: Default Has a a variety of ranges: shotgun, action, smallbore, and long range up to 600 yards.

Albuquerque, NM

Albuquerque City Shooting Range Park. Open to the public. Hours Wed - Sun, 9AM to 5PM. Info online at Shooting Range Park - Open Space - City of Albuquerque Range office (505) 836-8785. 12 miles West of the intersection of interstates 40 and 25 ("the big I").

Facilities:
Rifle, pistol and muzzleloading
10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard targets
3 skeet ranges
2 trap ranges
Silhouette range (competition only)
2 public club houses (air conditioned)
Classrooms (for rent)
Refreshment areas

Edgewood, NM.

New Mexico Big Horn Gun Club | Home

The NM Big Horn Gun Club Range is located approximately eight miles southeast of Edgewood, NM, in the Torrance County Park.

There are staggered berms from 7 yards to 200 yards, allowing for the use of both modern pistol and rifle and black powder firearms. In addition, there is space for shotgun shooting adjacent to the rifle range.

Individual/Family Membership: $125 per year

After 5 plus years I wish Deming would get off the bench and build the long promised PUBLIC FIRING RANGE!!!
GET OFF THE CHAIR AND GET THE RANGE BUILT!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back