Reasons found acceptable for CCW issuance

Drum roll please............................

It's official. I'm part of the club!

RSO sent me my permit this week! WooHoo!

Although I can't share my GC statement with everyone here, I can tell you that with a reasonable explanation, and some support documentation, it went just fine. Deputy Aguirre was professional, helpful, knowledgeable, honest, and funny.

Prior to submitting my application, I attended the required CCW class, qualified on 2 guns, had all the paperwork completed, received my Utah Arizona and Florida permits, etc....and all requirements completed prior to delivering my application to RSO. No loose ends. A second visit was required to provide another cashiers check (that was a good sign) and a form for my employer to sign acknowledging that he was/is aware I was applying for a CCW. Mailed them both to RSO and 2 weeks later my permit was in my mailbox.

If you don't have yours yet, be encouraged!

As a famous theologian once said, "Git 'er done!"

Thank you guys!

From the first interview to having my CCW in hand was a total of 9 weeks.
Riverside Rocks!

I've just encouraged another friend to get over to Firearms Training Associates to take the CCW class. Today he signed up for their next class and is excited about getting his application in right away. Hay, if everyone signed up just one friend, we'd all be that much safer!

I'm assuming this means that in California you must provide in your own words for wanting a permit. I suggest you take a handgun course if you haven't already(whether cali requires it or not) send that paperwork in with it and under your "reason" just wrote out the second amendment. I mean your personal reasons we're good enough for them, maybe the bill of rights will be good enough. Added bonus you get to be a wise ass. Lol

In Calif you need to have and state a specific reason, in those counties that authorize it. Carrying and depositing large sums of money is fairly common, as is handling narcotics as a pharmacist or anesthesiologist.

Thank you for posting this thread. I agree that self defense should be an accetable reason for carrying as well as a right promised by the second amendment.

I believe that here in California if you live in a county that has a population of 200,000 or less you will be issued your permit. I don't know if this is actual state law or simply reflects the fact that rural sheriff's have common sense and appreciate the backup of a lawful armed citizenry. Several friends of mine got their CA permit based on the fact that they have debilitating medical conditions and can no longer run or fight if attacked. Lastly, be aware that even if you're legally permitted in CA if you carry in the city or county of San Francisco (and perhaps other liberal bastions) you will be detained and your weapon confiscated based on their local laws. You may eventually win your case and retrieve your weapon but probably at great expense and trouble. The only population truly permitted to carry without harassment in CA are felons, parolee's, gangbangers, drug dealers, and various other murders, rapists, thieves and so on. Be safe.

"The only population truly permitted to carry without harassment in CA are felons, parolee's, gangbangers, drug dealers, and various other murders, rapists, thieves and so on. Be safe."

Don't forget the only group that is exempt from every law in this state; illegals.

"The only population truly permitted to carry without harassment in CA are felons, parolee's, gangbangers, drug dealers, and various other murders, rapists, thieves and so on. Be safe."

Don't forget the only group that is exempt from every law in this state; illegals.

You're right, I completely missed the most obvious.

Hi JRM,
Not sure you're still posting here, since it's been 5-years since this last post, but I am going through the same issue - trying to determine the right "just cause" statement for Riverside County Sheriffs...
Would you be willing to communicate privately with me, either by phone, email or text messaging?
Thanks in advance....
Bruce

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back