"Failed Bush Economic Policies"

PascalFleischman

Democrats love to toss this term around to the point that it's an overused mantra, but nobody will explain, nor does anyone seem to question it. So, for all you Obama voters out there, please explain to me what exactly are Bush's "failed economic policies".

crickets chirping.......:sarcastic:

By the way, I like that Beretta in your avatar. I would like to get one in 9mm.

Last edited:
Don't lump me in with the Obama supporters (I voted for McCain, reluctantly), but I'll try to take a stab at this one. The failed economic policies to which Bush bashers refer are whatever happened that contributed to the housing market meltdown, the stock market meltdown, and the recent increase in unemployment. I may be in the minority here, but since "The Decider" was president when these things happened, he gets the blame from me.

Don't lump me in with the Obama supporters (I voted for McCain, reluctantly), but I'll try to take a stab at this one. The failed economic policies to which Bush bashers refer are whatever happened that contributed to the housing market meltdown, the stock market meltdown, and the recent increase in unemployment. I may be in the minority here, but since "The Decider" was president when these things happened, he gets the blame from me.

All of those problems you mentioned can be traced back to the Clinton administration. There is documentation to back it up.

How The U.S. Government Engineered The Current Economic Crisis

In 2005 John McCain brought forth a bill that would oversee the business practices of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and it was promptly shut down by Nancy Pilosi and a largely democratic congress. Hmmm.....

All of those problems you mentioned can be traced back to the Clinton administration. There is documentation to back it up.

How The U.S. Government Engineered The Current Economic Crisis

In 2005 John McCain brought forth a bill that would oversee the business practices of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and it was promptly shut down by Nancy Pilosi and a largely democratic congress. Hmmm.....

Since the meltdown actually happened on Bush's watch, I blame him.

One of the basic principals of propaganda. If you keep telling the same lie over and over, long enough and loud enough it will be accepted as truth.

One of the basic principals of propaganda. If you keep telling the same lie over and over, long enough and loud enough it will be accepted as truth.

What is not a lie is that the deficit rose to record levels under the Bush administration and that the $700 billion bailout will increase it even more.

All I know is I got a coffee on my way to work this morning at DD, ordered cream only and no sugar. Drove off and opened the lid.....WTH!!!!. I got a Black coffee! I know it was Obama's fault.......:sarcastic:

While we can point fingers at who was to blame and they all get a share of it the fact is we just elected the worst President I have seen in my life time and that dates back to when I was a child under Ike's term. Mark my words we will regret the day Obama won.

It all started with Carter. He started the banking deregulation, Clinton took deregulation farther after he had relations with that teller in a blue dress after making a deposit. (Couldn't resist).

If you thought Carter was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

While we can point fingers at who was to blame and they all get a share of it the fact is we just elected the worst President I have seen in my life time and that dates back to when I was a child under Ike's term. Mark my words we will regret the day Obama won.

Sheesh, HK. The guy hasn't even put his hand on the Bible yet (yes, it'll be the Bible, not the Koran) and you're already this pessimistic. Why not take a wait and see approach? We might all be pleasantly surprised. Not saying you have to like him, but he is the president now, so until he actually does screw up, give him the benefit of the doubt, why don't you?

Sheesh, HK. The guy hasn't even put his hand on the Bible yet (yes, it'll be the Bible, not the Koran) and you're already this pessimistic. Why not take a wait and see approach? We might all be pleasantly surprised. Not saying you have to like him, but he is the president now, so until he actually does screw up, give him the benefit of the doubt, why don't you?

Because I know his record. You can not get any more left than him. I also know whom he has had as his closest friends and fellow marxists. His past speaks volumes. I do not have to wait until he destroys the Republic before I know what he is. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck.......

P.S. I am a Realist.

Because I know his record. You can not get any more left than him. I also know whom he has had as his closest friends and fellow marxists. His past speaks volumes. I do not have to wait until he destroys the Republic before I know what he is. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck.......

P.S. I am a Realist.

Whether we voted for him or not, I am hoping and praying that Obama does well. Whether we like it or not, he is president-elect now, and it would border on treason to hope that he fails.

Whether we voted for him or not, I am hoping and praying that Obama does well. Whether we like it or not, he is president-elect now, and it would border on treason to hope that he fails.
Isn't that what was said about Hitler when he rose to power? I hope I am wrong, but there are way too many similarities between Germany pre-WWII and now to ignore it.

If he does what I think he plans on doing, if he tries to implement his Marxist agenda, if he turns out to be half as bad as I think he will be then you better believe I hope he fails. I pray he fails. If by some miracle he turns out not to be what most of us think he is and ends up some how a good President, a real patriot, then great. I just do not see that happening.

I love how there has yet to be a single answer posted to the original question.

"Hope" and "Change" won this election....nothing else.

Man U have been directly replied to a lot on that one, and no I do not want the USA to fall into despair, but instead to grow and continue to be a great country.

But a great many people according to you are all guilty of "Boarder line Treason" especially the media that seemed to pounce on GW at every turn, and went out of their way to expound on every little flaw, to LIE and spread misinformation, about him and his administration.

No I sincerely hope and pray that Barrack Husein Obama reneges on his promises to the poor, and continues to allow our country to prosper but I would not bet on it.

Man U have been directly replied to a lot on that one, and no I do not want the USA to fall into despair, but instead to grow and continue to be a great country.

But a great many people according to you are all guilty of "Boarder line Treason" especially the media that seemed to pounce on GW at every turn, and went out of their way to expound on every little flaw, to LIE and spread misinformation, about him and his administration.

No I sincerely hope and pray that Barrack Husein Obama reneges on his promises to the poor, and continues to allow our country to prosper but I would not bet on it.

You're right. From the moment he was reelected, the media was rooting for things to go horribly wrong in Iraq just to make Bush look bad. The recent stock market and economic meltdown was just the icing on the cake. I have never liked the job he's done, but I also want my country to prosper, regardless of who the president is.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back