a MANIFESTO, Need your help and input

Rht4162

hey guys, so heres the deal. i have a project, more a simple paper for a politics class thats, wouldnt you know it, run by a liberal, but what can i do. anyway, i get to write a paper, or a manifesto, for my own political party. and i am seizing this oppurtunity. i actually want to see if i can give this group any steam, i dont have a name yet, but i am using the LION as my animal. i will be posting it on a blog i am going to create and try to get it launched from there. what do you guys think the name should be? and what should i include?

i will post the blog link when i get it up and running

Tell ya what...if your political party actually supports the 2A and believes the Second Amendment is something that is not outdated and is not "something of the past". I'll write you in on the presidential election on Nov. 4th

I am outraged at the fact that a president might be getting into office that could severely CRUSH our rights.

Anyways back on topic.

I like Lions for Liberty...sounded good to me

You're probably looking for something along the line of "constitutional party" or "liberty party" (I'm pretty sure those already exist.) I would go with something like "freedom party" or ... replace that one word with something. "Lions of Liberty" party would be a new one, but it's not too bad.

Good luck with your manifesto.

Lions of the Constitution
Constitution Lions...

whatever you end up deciding on, let us know where we can read your finished product, I for one am very interested. good luck

the patriot party, i like that, pretty much sums it up. ill give you guys a lil rundown on me though. first of all i think EVERYTHING is getting to complicated, the second amendment gives us the right to bear arms, stop trying to dissect and tear it apart, thats what it says so deal with it. moving back to the first amendment, you have your freedom of speech, use it, and even though people will call you racist or a bigot or something for using any words you want and might try to sue, you have a FREEDOM to do it. they can disagree but dammit its your right to say whatever it is you like just like it is my right to disagree. i like to say i stand for the original freedoms of the United states. i am pro choice. i mean think guys, if YOU dont agree with abortion then its your choice not to do it but we have to let people be free to make their own decisions. same principle applies to smoking indoors and restaurants and wearing a seat belt. let people smoke, just in a different section. let them have the freedom. and dont make wearing a seatbelt a law, it saves lives, give them the freedom to be stupid.

a little on foreign policy. all troops, all military money and forces themselves are pulled out of the rest of the world, our troops only ever leave the country in cases of genocide or if we have been attacked. those are the only two cases where we intervene. the only things we provide for the rest of the world are farming equipment, and education on farming techniques and ways to make food. same with health, we send health supplies and teach people how to heal. other than that, they are on their own.

thats the long and short.

Except for th pro choice, I am pro life, I don't see anthing that I would disagree with you on.

I like to tell pro-choice folks that I am pro-choice. I believe one has the choice to abstain, and one has the choice of acting like an adult and living with any consequences of your choices.

Nope, you are correct, a one page manifesto won't "cut it." I found 5 definitions of the word @ dictionary.com. Use them to outline your intentions, opinions, objectives, motives, principles, policies, public declarations of past actions, public declaration of future intentions, and your purpose for writing the paper. I'm betting that you will have loads more than just one page when you are finished.

a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives, as one issued by a government, sovereign, or organization.

A public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions, especially of a political nature.

"public declaration explaining past actions and announcing the motive for forthcoming ones," originally "proof," from L. manifestus (see manifest).
:crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot:
a public declaration of intentions (as issued by a political party or government)

A public declaration, usually of a prince, sovereign, or other person claiming large powers, showing his intentions, or proclaiming his opinions and motives in reference to some act done or contemplated by him; as, a manifesto declaring the purpose of a prince to begin war, and explaining his motives

Last edited:
Paraphrase the Declaration of Independence

And hand that in with an attached paraphrased bill of rights

ok everyone im writing it tonight. also it will kick off my blog. i dont know if you all participate in blogs or are just one forum kind of people, but would anyone here be interested in participating in it?

Can you copy and paste your Manifesto here when you have finished writing it? Or, provide us with the link to the blog?

Defiitely provide a link to your blog. Whether you see participation or not, I'm sure several of us will want to read it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back