Will current N.C. ccw help ?

lizzyann

I hold a current N.C. CCW , am moving to CA. Will it make getting CA. CCW easier ?

Not in the slightest. If you have to move to CA, I feel sorry for you. If it is a personal choice, may I ask why?

You might as well be moving to a foreign country, as the much of the US Constitution doesn't seem to apply in Commiefornia.

You might want to check, you may become a criminal for simply possessing some of the guns that are legal in most other states. The majority of the guns I own have "ILLEGAL IN CALIFORNIA" in block letters on the outside of the case.

It depends on which county you are moving to. For instance, here in Monterey County it's darn near impossible and expensive. Check out Calguns.net and CalCCW.com for specific county information. Good luck with your move...and wlecome to California. We need all the help we can get.

I hold a current N.C. CCW , am moving to CA. Will it make getting CA. CCW easier ?

why o why o why would you do such a thing?

I'm also echoing the voices of others... check to make sure your firearms are compliant within the borders of CA. They may need to be modified or *gasp* sold before you go there.

Concerning your permit from NC, the following is an excerpt out of the Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States: "California does not issue permits to nonresidents and will not recognize out-of-state licenses." .... also "Vehicle transport of a handgun without a California license is limited to an unloaded handgun locked in the trunk or vehicle storage compartment. An unloaded handgun may also be transported in the passenger compartment if it is secured in a locked gun case. Handguns may not be located in the glove compartment or console box. Rifles and shotguns must be unloaded but need not be in locked containers. "Loaded" is when ammunition is in a firearm's chamber or in any attached magazine." also.... "A traveler may openly carry an unloaded handgun while on foot in most public areas of California if no ammunition is in the weapon or in any magazine or clip "attached" to the firearm. This would mean that an unloaded pistol in a belt holster would be legal as long as the loaded magazine is in plain view and not inserted in the pistol. This [sic] is OK as long as it does not occur in a prohibited area such as a school, government building, or state capitol grounds."

Some CA restrictions: importation of all semi-automatic assault weapons (do your research as to what that means), .50 caliber center-fire rifles, and over 10 shot magazines. If you have any of these, you will need to modify them or get rid of them before moving to CA.

My suggestion if you are dead set on moving there is to find out which firearms you own that you can actually have in CA first. Sell off the rest. When traveling there, before you get a CA license, keep all of your firearms locked in the trunk and keep your ammunition separate and also locked in the trunk. This is more than the CA law requires, but if everything is locked and separate, then if you do get stopped, they will need a search warrant to see what you have.

Most likely, they will hold it against you as all southerners are racist, rednecks (at least that is what I hear on TV). God bless NC!!

I already knew that some of my guns are not legal there [ or most of my ammo ] . Had heard carry permit would not be easy . Damn . No choice in the move though . Guess I'll just have to help fight for change !! And yes ..God bless N.C. !

Nope! not even a little. There's also a chance some of your guns won't be CA compliant and you may not even be able to bring them. The ONLY safe place for gun owners (that I know of) is Sacramento County. Their shall issue there. Aside from that, it sucks to be you. Outside of their you must present a VERY good "reason" to have one, which most people can't accomplish. Personal Protection isn't a valid option.

Unless you are a political hack like Diane Finstein, or someone with "juice", then it's quite possible.

No one can convince me if some Hollywood celebrity that has juice and is on the correct side of the political spectrum or political hack, can't get a permit rather quickly and upon request.

Nope! not even a little. There's also a chance some of your guns won't be CA compliant and you may not even be able to bring them. The ONLY safe place for gun owners (that I know of) is Sacramento County. Their shall issue there. Aside from that, it sucks to be you. Outside of their you must present a VERY good "reason" to have one, which most people can't accomplish. Personal Protection isn't a valid option.

Too bad you are leaving NC just as the left-leaning liberal policies from the last 100 years start to change. McCrory and the new Conservative legislature have caught a lot of grief in the last months from the NAACP's "Moral Mondays" protests at the state Capital. The NY Times even had a column about how bad things were in NC since McCrory had taken office. Our Governor's fact-laden response was a classy rebuttal. Here's the letter: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/13/opinion/north-carolinas-path-the-governors-view.html?_r=0

Sorry to lose you to the left coast! Good luck in your CA life. "Keep us posted" (pun intended)

"just keepin', and bearin'....."
"Praise the Lord, pass the ammunition!"
NRA Member

Are you active duty military on orders because if you are I do believe that active duty military does not need a CCW in Georgia. This was told to me by my best friend who was stationed at Ft Gordon, however I too have a NC CCW and do believe that NC has reciprocity with GA. If I am incorrect on any of these facts please let me know

Are you active duty military on orders because if you are I do believe that active duty military does not need a CCW in Georgia. This was told to me by my best friend who was stationed at Ft Gordon, however I too have a NC CCW and do believe that NC has reciprocity with GA. If I am incorrect on any of these facts please let me know

I don't think CA laws have anything to do with any other states, common sense, or the constitution. They might as well be moving to a different country as far as the constitution is concerned.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back