Over 4 months since submitting - no permit and no denial

airblainer

Greetings fellow gun people!
I live in Foster County ND - (hence my post in the ND Discussion Forum!) My wife and I took the class 2 test - submitted ALL the required paperwork/fingerprints/fees to the local sheriff over 4 months ago and have not received ANYTHING. No CCW Permit - no denial letter - nothing!
I emailed the state attorney general and was referred to a FAQ as to what to do in this case -which is to write a letter to them inquiring of status.
That's all well and good, but I read in more that one location on the website that under ND law, the attorney generals office can not respond to my letter or even tell me the status of our applications! What?!
Why??
My brother in OH took his test and they printed his permit out immediately! He had it within 5 minutes! Why is every state so different in their laws? There is no consistency whatsoever and it's frustrating - to say the least.
I guess this post is more of an FYI than anything. Unless anyone has any ideas on what more I can do, all I can say is thanks for letting me vent!
Blaine

UPDATE! My wife and I both applied for our CCW permits - after over 4 long months of waiting, I wrote to the attorney general ND last week and asked the status - Well today my wife received her permit and I received a denial letter stating I made a mis-statement on my application under criminal history - they recommended I get the PD to print out my history and I am banned from re-applying for 1 year!!! I never intentionally left anything off my history - I knew they would check so why would I??
To be blocked from a CCW for a year is maddening - I did every thing they asked and paid the money. I've had 3 DUI's in the past 20 years. Nothing more.
I'm not happy.

They must be terribly backed up. I've been waiting 5 months and have not received a permit or letter of denial. It's maddening how they are required by statute to issue a permit or denial but continue to not do so. I've been emailing with the AG office and they can't tell me anything.

Greetings fellow gun people!
I live in Foster County ND - (hence my post in the ND Discussion Forum!) My wife and I took the class 2 test - submitted ALL the required paperwork/fingerprints/fees to the local sheriff over 4 months ago and have not received ANYTHING. No CCW Permit - no denial letter - nothing!
I emailed the state attorney general and was referred to a FAQ as to what to do in this case -which is to write a letter to them inquiring of status.
That's all well and good, but I read in more that one location on the website that under ND law, the attorney generals office can not respond to my letter or even tell me the status of our applications! What?!
Why??
My brother in OH took his test and they printed his permit out immediately! He had it within 5 minutes! Why is every state so different in their laws? There is no consistency whatsoever and it's frustrating - to say the least.
I guess this post is more of an FYI than anything. Unless anyone has any ideas on what more I can do, all I can say is thanks for letting me vent!
Blaine

As to your OP, every state is different because each state has differing levels that they have been able to replace our Constitutional rights with privileges, and in some cases, just take them away. OH, for example hasn't taken them away as much as ND has judging from what you have said. However, CA, NY, NJ, et al. have nearly taken them away completely.

The part that sickens me the most is that we are supposed to be a government for, by, and of the people, yet the people just Baaaaaa their way through life and let the government hacks strip us of our rights.

I know this doesn't help your situation, but you asked for an explanation. That is as clear of one as I can give.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back