After Trayvon Martin Slaying, Holder Blasts 'Stand Your Ground'

I really hope this trial is not the keystone that causes our nation to find itself at war with itself.
It's already at war with itself. Don't you see how young blacks view white people?
The best defense is a brutal offense. If I were GZ I would open up their asses. Complaints to the bar against Corey and the other prosecutors. Civil suit against Corey. Civil suit against NBC. Civil suit against Nancy Grace. Civil suit against Holder & Sharpton for defamation in labeling the defendant as a racist, thus endangering his life and future.
And let the chips fall where they may. It's high time this nonsense stops.

After Trayvon Martin Slaying, Holder Blasts 'Stand Your Ground'??

Holder should blast "Poor Parenting" & "Gangster Rap Music".
That would definately prove to be much more constructive imvho.

Quite familiar with "Lean" many years as a medic, what killed Trayvon was hate, his.
Supposedly part of the coroner's report that wasn't heard by the jury was the fact that TM showed signs of liver damage from it. Zimmerman was possibly right in his comment that TM may have been on something at the time other than having had some Marijuana.

Supposedly part of the coroner's report that wasn't heard by the jury was the fact that TM showed signs of liver damage from it. Zimmerman was possibly right in his comment that TM may have been on something at the time other than having had some Marijuana.
Wasn't in his blood stream. MJ was found. And a coroner could find liver damage but short of some absolute proof he took any substance it would be speculation.

I've seen several commentators correct both Holder and other commentators on the same panel they're participating on that Zimmerman's was not a SYG law. The only channel I have kept totally away from is MSLSD, but CNN, HLN, Faux News and others have all had at least passing mention of that fact. The problem is that not only is the general public terminally ignorant about it, even the juror who Anderson Cooper interviewed said it was part of the basis for the acquittal in deliberations. She may be right in a weird kind of way, as SYG is basically just part of FL's self defense code sections, but you're absolutely right that SYG itself is not in question when a combatant is pinned under his attacker trying to escape (or retreat, whichever) and getting his culo beat.

I groaned so loud when I heard that juror say that, that my wife came out of the other room to see if I had hurt myself. I don't think it necessarily hurt the jury's credibility per se, but it sure didn't add to it either.

Blues
I actually wouldn't fault the jury for concidering the SYG part of it. As you mention, if they concidered 776.012 which covers justifiable use of force, it is part of it.

JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1188, ch. 97-102; s. 2, ch. 2005-27.

It is so simple a law that Holder and the others just can't seem to get a grasp of it.

I actually wouldn't fault the jury for concidering the SYG part of it. As you mention, if they concidered 776.012 which covers justifiable use of force, it is part of it.

JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1188, ch. 97-102; s. 2, ch. 2005-27.

It is so simple a law that Holder and the others just can't seem to get a grasp of it.

I would suggest that every criminal (regardless of their station in life!) understands that law, and the concept behind it, legally allows their intended victim to fight back.

oh boo hoo poor eric. win some lose some sucka. any lawyer knows that!

Right on point tricolordad!
I would suggest sending out the true details of the case to every "Obama Phone" but no one on the receiving end would read it anyway.
Some people, White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Purple, Blue, Orange (Have I failed to be all inclusive?) Want there to be a division. I'm not speaking about those at the top, their desire for division in the Nation is obvious and well known, I'm speaking of those who hang out in the streets day after day, after day. They want division so much their rage boils to the surface when given the opportunity.
Some, Few, But some of these people grow old, and are then looked at as the "Wise Elders" the "OG's" as they used to be called. Some of these speak of peace and hope for their young. Some seek power through violence and crime of all kinds that brings them fleeting wealth.
Radical Muslims are exactly the same as these groups of people. Most are uneducated and are easy victims for more educated "Leaders".
A friend of mine returning from duty in Afghanistan spoke of many Muslims reading from their Koran while it was upside down. They could not read but knew it by heart. These people are so easy to radicalize its not even funny.
The same with the youth of today who are uneducated. They are going to be targeted by radicals of some kind to do their bidding. These are the people who believe Trayvon was "Hunted down and killed like a dog".
BTW, when was the last time you tracked down a dog and killed it?
Michael Vick need not reply to this posting.

I am tired of hearing all these laws they want made for legal gun owners. The damn criminals don't adhere to any laws, they just take a gun wherever they feel like it. Sure there are idiots who own guns legally and do stupid things. Those idiots also own cars/trucks and other things.
But the majority of legal gun owners are decent people who train and practice shooting properly. Hopefully one day when some idiot criminal shooter decides he wants to shoot a bunch of people, 5 people with CCW permits draw and take him out first. Stop tying the hands of legal gun owners, because when that happens criminals know they are safer when they do their dirty work.

:dirol:

Ok, so this is what I don't get, the white house obviously failed to pass any kind of gun laws when sandy hook happened, what makes them think they can succeed with the Treyvon Martin case? It doesn't make sense. Another thing that strikes me as odd is why this case got so much attention in the first place. This isnt the first case of stand your ground saving someones life, and it cant be due to race being one is a Hispanic male and the other a black male, both races [not to sound racist] are involved in shootings all of the time. So, again, what makes this case so special? Cant be the circumstances, because Im pretty sure if we dig deep enough, well find similar cases, especially when an unarmed male over powers another male and ends up shot....Has to fit in with the white house agenda in disarming or getting people on their side to disarm law abiding citizens somehow.

Think about this..... if the stand your ground law did not exist in Florida, then that would make Travon Martin a criminal because he did not flee from Zimmerman.

OK - now take this a step farther. Holder stated that the defender in a self defense situation (even under SYG) has a duty to retreat.

Holder stated that Zimmerman had a duty to retreat.

Therefore, without even realizing it or intending to, HOLDER DECLARED MARTIN THE AGGRESSOR, establishing Zimmerman's claim to self defense.

It doesn't matter if the issue if SYG or traditional self defense. If it is the defender who has the duty to retreat, and Zimmerman had a duty to retreat, then Martin was the aggressor. End of story.

Holder just declared Martin the aggressor.

Thank you for clearing that up, Mr. AG.

You stupid people we the goberment are not going to allow you to defend yourself! You can not stop another person from hurting you! Call 911 and WAIT you impatient peoples! When we take all you're earned monies maybe we will be able to get response times to where you have a chance to survive! Until then shut up and vote liberal!!

More Signs of the End of the Age & This Last Generation

The New World Order is behind schedule. Nothing would please the African Marxists and other stinking Liberals who denigrate our White House more than a race war to hasten their agenda.

~ Yesterdays Prophecies-Today Headlines ~

OK - now take this a step farther. Holder stated that the defender in a self defense situation (even under SYG) has a duty to retreat.

Holder stated that Zimmerman had a duty to retreat.

Therefore, without even realizing it or intending to, HOLDER DECLARED MARTIN THE AGGRESSOR, establishing Zimmerman's claim to self defense.

It doesn't matter if the issue if SYG or traditional self defense. If it is the defender who has the duty to retreat, and Zimmerman had a duty to retreat, then Martin was the aggressor. End of story.

Thank you for clearing that up, Mr. AG.

I posted on another thread that what Holder said about the SYG is what obummer and Hillary did in Benghazi. They would not let anyone defend our people there. SO IMHO that explains the obummer policy when American lives are at risk. Retreat and hope the BG will stop!! I feel soooooo much safer now! Don't you? :rolleyes:

The New World Order is behind schedule. Nothing would please the African Marxists and other stinking Liberals who denigrate our White House more than a race war to hasten their agenda.

~ Yesterdays Prophecies-Today Headlines ~

"African Marxists"? Someone needs to loosen that tinfoil hat it is WAY to tight..

I just posted the following in response to an ABC report regarding this same topic:

First of all, Mr. AG, this was not an SYG defense, so your argument is moot. Zimmerman's defense was based entirely on the argument that he had no safe retreat - and a jury acquitted him.

But let's take your argument a little further. You said, "...people who feel threatened have a duty to retreat,..." In context, your argument is aimed at Zimmerman. You have stated that Zimmerman had a duty to retreat. Now, prosecution testimony was that MARTIN was the threatened party. Therefore, under your own argument, HE should have been the one with the duty to retreat. But your statement regarding duty to retreat, however, was directed at Zimmerman. Given your argument, therefore, one can only draw one conclusion - if Zimmerman had the duty to retreat, then MARTIN was the aggressor. In other words, Mr. AG, you have just declared Martin to be the aggressor and Zimmerman the victim/defender. Thank you for clearing that up for us.

You just confirmed the jury's verdict.

Link Removed

And for Martin's girlfriend's participation in the kangaroo prosecution, radio host Tom Joyner just offered her a full ride scholarship to college.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back