New DPMS AR

DrDavidM

Hey guys. How is everyone doing?

I just had to share, due to the coming election I became a proud new owner of A DPMS Sportical AR15. I have not had the chance to fire it yet, but it seems very well made and certainly was a reasonable price. It did not come with any sights on it, so I had to order some. I am very excited about it. I have no experience with ARs, so any advice?

I'll try to get some pics posted, but as I am sure you all know I am not able to get on here as much as I would like. Hopefully, now that the weather is cooling down I'll have more time.

It has been awhile. Glade to here from you. Congrats on the new firearm. I have only a small amount of experience. What I have been told though is keep it clean. They don't like to get to dirty. Keep us posted when you get to the range.

Congrats Doc! The DPMS rifle should treat you well. I used a DPMS upper receiver on my build and it has worked great. What type of sights did you order for it? Are you going to put any kind of scope or red dot on it? Feel free to ask any questions I'm sure if I can not help someone on here will have the answers.

on a side note I'll be up in your neck of the woods in a few weeks. Visiting some friends in Mcminnville and Gundy.

I just went with the DPMS detachable handle with A2 rear sight and a detachable front sight for now. I like the looks of the handle on it. I may do some sort of red dot optics in the future. I was lucky my wife was sweet enough to let me buy the rifle. It may be awhile before she'll let me buy any more accessories.

Enjoy your trip to TN Kimber. It's pretty cool here now, so dress warm.

Last edited:
Hey guys. How is everyone doing?

I just had to share, due to the coming election I became a proud new owner of A DPMS Sportical AR15. I have not had the chance to fire it yet, but it seems very well made and certainly was a reasonable price. It did not come with any sights on it, so I had to order some. I am very excited about it. I have no experience with ARs, so any advice?

I'll try to get some pics posted, but as I am sure you all know I am not able to get on here as much as I would like. Hopefully, now that the weather is cooling down I'll have more time.

WELCOME BACK, DOC! Been a loongggggg time, huh?

Glad you got a new "toy" before the election sets in. I'm stocking up on ammo now, then will save for an AR before Obama's possible inaguration......don't be a stranger!

I just went with the DPMS detachable handle with A2 rear sight and a detachable front sight for now. I like the looks of the handle on it. I may do some sort of red dot optics in the future. I was lucky my wife was sweet enough to let me buy the rifle. It may be awhile before she'll let me buy any more accessories.

Enjoy your trip to TN Kimber. It's pretty cool here now, so dress warm.

I took a look at the sportical on DPMS's website and its setup almost identical to the one I built. Flat top upper (mines not the slick side), Light weight 16" barrel, collapsible stock. For my sights I went with a standard front sight post, A.R.M.S flipup buis rear and an EOTech. If yours handles anything like mine you are going to love it!

Thanks for the heads up on the cold. I've already started digging out my winter clothes!

yessir... +1 on your wife "letting" you score this EBR. mine "let " me get my DPMS than two weeks after we got married. now she gets on to me if i'm not shooting it weekly. i say WEEKLY meaning at least once a week, not the occasional WEAK shot.

yessir... +1 on your wife "letting" you score this EBR. mine "let " me get my DPMS than two weeks after we got married. now she gets on to me if i'm not shooting it weekly. i say WEEKLY meaning at least once a week, not the occasional WEAK shot.

Sounds like we are both lucky guys. My only problem is my wife tells me the next firearm we buy is going to be hers.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back