Military-style weapon

wuzfuz

I saw a military-style weapon at a gunshop today and I wonder if anyone can identify it. When I first spotted it, I thought to myself, a Galil, due to the Uzi-like front sights and roughly triangular front stock. It has a long barrel that looks like a semi-auto version of an assault rifle. It is definitely military looking, with a flip-up carry handle, fold-out bipod and pistol grip. It uses a box magazine and is chambered for the .308 round It has a flat grey finish, and the controls have a decidedly military look to them. I have trouble reading the handwriting on the tag, but it looks like the maker's name is 'Imbel.' Can anyone offer any input as to the origin of this gun?

I saw a military-style weapon at a gunshop today and I wonder if anyone can identify it. When I first spotted it, I thought to myself, a Galil, due to the Uzi-like front sights and roughly triangular front stock. It has a long barrel that looks like a semi-auto version of an assault rifle. It is definitely military looking, with a flip-up carry handle, fold-out bipod and pistol grip. It uses a box magazine and is chambered for the .308 round It has a flat grey finish, and the controls have a decidedly military look to them. I have trouble reading the handwriting on the tag, but it looks like the maker's name is 'Imbel.' Can anyone offer any input as to the origin of this gun?

Imbel made a variant of the FAL. Look at my pictures, there is one surrounded by handguns. Be aware FALs and their variations were made/used in 50+ countries between 1958 and today, so there can be quite a bit of difference in stocks, barrel lengths, flash suppressors, etc.

Imbel made a variant of the FAL. Look at my pictures, there is one surrounded by handguns. Be aware FALs and their variations were made/used in 50+ countries between 1958 and today, so there can be quite a bit of difference in stocks, barrel lengths, flash suppressors, etc.

Do they make a variation that has a box magazine? All of the FAL rifles I've ever handled/fired had detachable magazines. If there is a variation that has a box mag, I'd like to have it. It would look good next to my new SKS.

gf

The only firearms I've seen (or found in online searches) with a reference to Imbel as either the weapon's or the receiver's manufacturer, have been FAL variants, or the MD-97 which is a 5.56 with design features from both the FAL and the M-16. Both the variants and the MD-97 have detachable mags. I'm guessing the OP meant detachable. Just like many people say "clip" when they mean "mag".

That is the exact weapon I saw at the gunshop. Pardon me for saying box magazine, I heard the term used for the detachable magazine on the Military Channel discussion of the BAR. Does anyone know what a good price would be for this weapon?

That is the exact weapon I saw at the gunshop. Pardon me for saying box magazine, I heard the term used for the detachable magazine on the Military Channel discussion of the BAR. Does anyone know what a good price would be for this weapon?

Wuzfuz, the price depends a lot on the model. Maybe the following will help determine if the stores asking price is fair:

FN/FAL Guns

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back