Concealed Carry & The Wife's Girlfriends

S&WM&P40

As some of you may know From another post i got my wife to start thinking about concealed carry/putting in her permit. I was over reading my M&P forums and was reading a post by a member who made a PINK M&P for his wife. Well my wife saw that photo and now she said she will only carry if i get her a pink gun like that. I put in a e-mail to a few gun smith's and I'm waiting for word back from them on a price. She has also told me that she will not carry with out a class first. So with her gun i am getting her the NRA basic hand gun class. But i have one problem i can't solve my self. She says she does not want to carry in a holster she wants a handbag to carry it in. Can any of you give me links to sites that have good ones? That do not Wipe me or the bank account out!

Try to get her to reconsider. Explain to her that if trouble should come, it tends to come very fast. There's not always time to dig through her purse to find her gun. Likewise, her purse may not always be readily accessable. When the bad guy is busting through the door or the car jacker is yanking her out of the car, its not time to realize that her purse/gun is in the other room or on the far side of the seat.
A defensive firearm should be within arms reach and easy to grab at all times. The best way to do that is carry it on your body.
BTW: there are several holster makers who make holsters specificly designed for women.

Try to get her to reconsider. Explain to her that if trouble should come, it tends to come very fast. There's not always time to dig through her purse to find her gun. Likewise, her purse may not always be readily accessable. When the bad guy is busting through the door or the car jacker is yanking her out of the car, its not time to realize that her purse/gun is in the other room or on the far side of the seat.
A defensive firearm should be within arms reach and easy to grab at all times. The best way to do that is carry it on your body.
BTW: there are several holster makers who make holsters specificly designed for women.

Also remind her that a purse is a target for the BG. Hard to stop a robbery when the BG is holding one side of her weapon's concealment. Harder to stop a rape if her purse has been taken away and tossed away from her.

True all true. I will see what i can do. You have to give take you push to hard and they walk away all together. On a side note she may have no Choice as all of the handbags so far only fit J frames. None will fit the Full size M&P. Maybe if i find her a pink holster lol j/k...

Any one know of a Concealed carry jacket for winter time. With side zippers for people who OWB carry?

Maybe from the perspective of another woman ... some of the vests for sale in the web sites that were provided above were mighty "feminine" looking if I can use that term with out offending anyone. They weren't cut like a man's vest and they were made not with pink but with a paisley pattern. I'm not into paisley but I don't think I'd mind wearing a vest of that pattern. They didn't look like the "typical" ccw carry item, making them ideal for concealment in the "working world." The western patterns were good looking, too.

I'm a fan of fanny packs, too. Unless someone can show me otherwise, I don't think they are as much a target for theft as purses might be. I haven't carried a purse in years because of my goofed up back but fanny packs do the trick for me just fine.

Also, some of the ccw T-shirts are made for both men and women and they have some padding that make them seem to be comfortable. I've not tried those yet. It would be hard to wear a ccw t-shirt under something like a tank top in the middle of the summer desert heat.

That's something for her to consider - the weather and how she will carry. If she wears skirts or skorts then maybe a belly band or an ITW would work for her? Maybe a thigh band? Does anyone made underware bands for women?

Hope this gives you both some food for thought.

For the most part it would be just in New England. NH for the most part winter time -0 or lower on really bad days. She does not really wear skirts/skorts for the most part it's dress paints/blue jeans. I found a few nice ones over at Coronado Leather that don't cost a arm and a leg. The problem i am finding as i said before is most if not all of the hand bags are made for J frames. Not full size guns.

Concealed Carry

My wife said if I got her a PINK gun, she'd probably use it on me first, ROFLMAO.

Any one know of a Concealed carry jacket for winter time. With side zippers for people who OWB carry?

5.11 has a nice denim jacket.5.11 Inc Jean Jacket Denim M 48010-650-M It's nothing like a winter coat, but would fit nicely over a heavy sweater if you size it properly. There's velcro on the inside of the jacket pockets as well as between the lining and the shell of the jacket. I have mine set up with a G27 accessible as well as a Surefire flashlight, and 2 spare mags.

As for the handbag, I'd strongly advise against it. Not only are there very limited options, but my biggest concern would be accessibility. Many women have a hard enough time finding their ringing cell phone in their handbag (which usually illuminates), much less their CC gun. I've done the drill with a number of buddies who had wives that insisted on carrying in the purse. Sometimes the "hands on" approach works best. Here's a link to a site that has handbags and holster choices by women (though I'm against the handbag carry): Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Have her check out this link: Link Removed It's written by a woman named Kathy Jackson. I've exchanged emails back and forth with Kathy. She's been very helpful and has helped me refine some of my teaching methods to be more effective in relating to women. There's a lot of other useful articles on the site. I often use them as handouts during my firearms classes.

Good luck with the wife!

gf

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife said if I got her a PINK gun, she'd probably use it on me first, ROFLMAO.

LOL, Thats the first thing i asked her. I said if i got you a pink gun would you carry it? She was like yeah. Then i said you would not shoot me with it? She was like no lol. Always great to have a little fun with your loved ones..:biggrin::biggrin:

Yes, I was over there looking at Galco stuff but mother of god. I could buy two handguns for the cost of a handbag over there 450 and up lol. I was looking at 5.11 stuff i really like it but again for the price i could buy some CTC laser grips. I came up with two let me know what you think about them glock..

Big Horn Jacket | Jackets & Outerwear | 5.11 Tactical

Tactical Fleece | Jackets & Outerwear | 5.11 Tactical

As for the handbags i am working on it. She keeps telling me she does not want to carry it on her body. But i am working on that. Both of our family's think we are nuts as they both do not like guns and see us as freaks.

If you've read the article by Kathy Jackson (Corneredcat.com), she talked about why it's important to get a quality holster bag, if that's a chosen method of carry. Failure to get a quality product could result in serious injury or death. :eek: Like anything related to firearms, you need to invest a little to get a quality product. I have a box of holsters that I got for a "good" price. :no: All of the holsters I currently use cost me at least $40 or so. My favorite leather holsters put me back close to $100. Considering that the Galco handbags start at $160 or so, that's a pretty good deal. This would be another argument for carrying on her person. :wink:

I like the 5.11 line of products. The fleece jackets would be an excellent choice if you're into fleece products. I'm not a fan of fleece, so I opted for the denim. It works great in the areas where I operate. Not too flashy, yet comfortable and functional. Another suggestion would be a western duster if it's appropriate attire. I've worn mine when working in GA, TN and as far north as OH. Kind of stuck out in OH though. In any case, the 5.11 line of products are well made and very versitile.

Don't be afraid to email Kathy. She's very helpful and I'm sure she will be able to answer any questions that you, your wife or her friend(s) have.

If you order your 5.11 stuff from Copquest Police Equipment from CopQuest.com - (800) 728-0974, they have free ground shipping and will send you a free cap if you spend more than $50 and add a free travel mug if you spend more than $125. It's not a bad place to find good prices on holsters as well. I buy a lot of gear from them on a monthly basis. My orders often get larger when I ask around and order stuff for my friends. :wink:

gf

Yes i think the duster is out lol as no one up here has them. Yes a good handbag is like any other gear. If you buy crap it will fail when you need it most. On the other hand i am not going to drop almost 500 on a handbag for her when she is not into it all the way yet. So to drop that kind of money and then have her say no it's not for me. That's a waste of money to me, i found a nice one over at one of the sites i was linked to back on page one. As always glock you have good links/good information/great help. I am digging that free shipping/hat and a coffee cup for the car. I will have to go check it out. I am still trying to talk her into carrying on her( LOL maybe a pink holster will do that)

Yes i think the duster is out lol as no one up here has them. Yes a good handbag is like any other gear. If you buy crap it will fail when you need it most. On the other hand i am not going to drop almost 500 on a handbag for her when she is not into it all the way yet. So to drop that kind of money and then have her say no it's not for me. That's a waste of money to me, i found a nice one over at one of the sites i was linked to back on page one. As always glock you have good links/good information/great help. I am digging that free shipping/hat and a coffee cup for the car. I will have to go check it out. I am still trying to talk her into carrying on her( LOL maybe a pink holster will do that)

Not sure if the leather guys can make a pink holster. Kydex is a more likely option. Krylon has some great paints that work well on plastic. I've painted a Fobus Kydex mag pouch with the Krylon paint. So far, so good.

gf

LOL, yeah i know it was a joke. It seems that it will have to be a handbag she said a holster is just not her and she does not want to carry one on her side. I said well you don't even carry your handbag with you now when you just run into the store. She said she will start taking it with her every place she goes. I found this one so far

Link Removed But again i am not sure if it will fit a full size M&P 9mm. Full size M&P is 7.5" with a barrel length of 4.25". I think i saw a handbag in my American Hand Gunner John Conner did a topic on Web blast gear ( Or some type of gear like that) the girl had a handbag with a full size 1911 in it ( i think i will have to check that again).

When i add that handbag to my cart it shows me this. (FeatherWeight Suede, C80 (13 x 10 x 4) , Brown w/Beige Suede) LOL so whats the size of the concealment pocket?

Last edited:
Here is a photo of what i mean when i say a Pink M&P.
Link Removed
That's what she wants lol.

Last edited:
We design and manufacture the CCW for men and women.

We design and manufacture CCW jackets for WOMEN and Men. They are made of the highest quality leathers (calfskin ,Sheep, Bison, Lamb, Shearling, Cow,Wool)...in assorted styles and colors, all hardware is YKK zipper and we use only luxury linings from polar fleece to sateen, to cashmere wool, to tactical cotton.

All our jackets come with dual sided ZIPPER access concealment pockets..so right hand or left hand can use it. All our workmanship is top notch and are designed By Us and manufactured ONLY for us.

The jackets are tactical yet fashionable, so you can wear and use them like an everyday jacket. Which is a $$ saver as you dont have to buy special jackets for carrying.

You can view all the specs and designs on our site (on the sig line)

P.S. Our banner will be up soon ..but I will be doing a coupon code just for USACarry Members. If you need any details..feel free to PM or email: [email protected]

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back