Papa John's pizza delivery guy shoots would-be robbers

Red Hat

Lets see what happens with him. Remember Pizza Hut. I still won't go into a Pizza Hut

Link Removed

Associated Press

LUFKIN, Texas -- A pizza delivery man who was taking an order to a house in East Texas pulled out a gun and opened fire on two would-be robbers, police said.

One of the alleged robbers was hospitalized after getting shot in the back, Lufkin police said. The Papa John’s pizza delivery man, who’s licensed to carry a handgun, wasn’t hurt.

The shooting was Tuesday night, after the delivery man walked up to a house and rang a doorbell, Lufkin police said. It turned out the house was vacant and two armed men approached him from the side of the house, The Lufkin Daily News reported Thursday. The delivery man drew a .22 caliber Derringer and fired two shots, and the assailants ran away, police said.

It appears unlikely the delivery man will face any charges since he “was defending himself at the time of the shooting,” Lufkin Police Lt. David Young said.

A call placed to the restaurant and a call to the chain’s corporate headquarters in Louisville, Ky., weren’t immediately returned Thursday.

Police said Johnx R. Greer, 18, was arrested at a hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to the back. He’s been charged with aggravated robbery and was being held in the Angelina County Jail on a $100,000 bond. His attorney, John Tunnell, did not return a call Thursday.

The other suspect hasn’t been found.

Let's see if this guy is treated better than the Pizza Hut delivery guy. Too bad he didn't have a bigger gun, so the scumbag would be dead rather than alive and probably back on the streets. :no: Hope the BG doesn't sue the delivery guy for lost wages since he won't be able to rob anyone for awhile.

gf

my first thoughts were, why only a .22? glad he didn't get hurt though. just needs to carry a bigger caliber.

You can pretty much bank on the fact that he will face no charges here in Texas. As far as what his employer will do that may be another story but that is o.k. He can always get another job. Better to loose you job than your life.

Let's see if this guy is treated better than the Pizza Hut delivery guy. Too bad he didn't have a bigger gun, so the scumbag would be dead rather than alive and probably back on the streets. :no: Hope the BG doesn't sue the delivery guy for lost wages since he won't be able to rob anyone for awhile.

gf

+1 on that. I wish he had just killed him.

gf

This was exactly the first thing that came to my mind. Let's just hope that this company encourages its employees to take responsibility for their own safety, and not discourage it like Pizza Hut did.

If Papa Johns does the right thing and commends him rather than firing him, they've got my business!

That would be great. Maybe managment can reward him by hooking him up with a nice CC holster rig so he'll be able to carry a bigger gun if it ever happens again.

gf

news from Lufkin, TX

A poor kid was fired from Papa John's in Lufkin, TX for defending his life. Here is the story:
Link Removed

I invite you to write a letter to the Papa John:

John Schnatter
2002 Papa Johns Boulevard
Louisville, KY 40299

This is what my letter will say:

Dear Mr. Schnatter,

The Papa John's in Lufkin Texas had fired an employee for defending his life from murderous robbers. Instead of commending him, Papa John's has fired him for violating the corporate weapons policy. You might be surprised to find that the right to self-defense is a basic human right. This employee had a legal gun permit that required an extensive police background check in order to attain. Statisically, it is probably more likely for you to win the lottery than for you to be attacked by people who have passed this extensive background check at the age of 21 (the legal age to get a gun license in Texas). Per 2006 statistics from the Dept of Public Safety (police) in Texas, the general population over age 21 is 8 times more likely to commit assault than a concealed handgun licensee. The general population over age 21 is 63 times more likely to commit robbery than a licensee. 2 percent of Texans are licensees. We have friends and family. Therefore, if we were to boycott Papa John's, then you should be prepared to lose about 8 to 10 percent of your business in Texas. Various internet forums serve as a free and easy method to organize such boycotts. I invite you to write a letter of apology to the poor pizza delivery driver and pay him money for the period of time that he was in-between jobs. Failure to do so by Dec 11 will result in a boycott. I genuinely love eating Papa John's pizza and I want to continue ordering your pizza. That's why I am doing this. I invite you to do the right thing. If you are concerned about your insurance premiums, then just show them the Dept of Pub Safety statistics and change the language to ban only UNLICENSED weapons. If your insurance carrier will not go for it, then contact the NRA's insurance. I'm sure they will be more than happy to replace your current insurer. All of this legal stuff takes time, but apologizing to that delivery driver will only take a 1 minute phone call to Lufkin, Texas.

Dept of Pub Safety Stats:
Link Removed

NRA Insurer:
Link Removed

Thank you for doing the right thing,
XXX XXX

An avalanche of letters to corporate cannot be ignored. I invite you to do so now! PM me a copy of your letter and I will mail the first few letter writers a coupon for pizza after Papa Johns rehires this kid.

PM if you want to eat free pizza for just wearing red white and blue clothes and an empty open carrry holster in front of the Pappa John's in Lufkin, Texas.

P.S. Lufkin Papa John's phone number: (936) 634-6611

P.P.S. I realize that this thread is over a year old, but 2 posts in this thread asked what happened to this guy and nobody answered so this thread is not concluded since there were unanswered questions.

Papa John delivery driver was fired for defending his life.

The poor kid was fired from Papa John's in Lufkin, TX for defending his life. Here is the story:
Link Removed

I invite you to write a letter to the Papa John:

John Schnatter
2002 Papa Johns Boulevard
Louisville, KY 40299

This is what my letter will say:

Dear Mr. Schnatter,

The Papa John's in Lufkin Texas had fired an employee for defending his life from murderous robbers. Instead of commending him, Papa John's has fired him for violating the corporate weapons policy. You might be surprised to find that the right to self-defense is a basic human right. This employee had a legal gun permit that required an extensive police background check in order to attain. Statisically, it is probably more likely for you to win the lottery than for you to be attacked by people who have passed this extensive background check at the age of 21 (the legal age to get a gun license in Texas). Per 2006 statistics from the Dept of Public Safety (police) in Texas, the general population over age 21 is 8 times more likely to commit assault than a concealed handgun licensee. The general population over age 21 is 63 times more likely to commit robbery than a licensee. 2 percent of Texans are licensees. We have friends and family. Therefore, if we were to boycott Papa John's, then you should be prepared to lose about 8 to 10 percent of your business in Texas. Various internet forums serve as a free and easy method to organize such boycotts. I invite you to hire back the poor pizza delivery driver back and pay him any applicable lost wages. Failure to do so by Dec 11 will result in a boycott. I genuinely love eating Papa John's pizza and I want to continue ordering your pizza. That's why I am doing this. I invite you to do the right thing. If you are concerned about your insurance premiums, then just show them the Dept of Pub Safety statistics and change the language to ban only UNLICENSED weapons. If your insurance carrier will not go for it, then contact the NRA's insurance. I'm sure they will be more than happy to replace your current insurer. All of this legal stuff takes time, but rehiring that delivery driver will only take a 1 minute phone call to Lufkin, Texas.

Dept of Pub Safety Stats:
Link Removed

NRA Insurer:
Link Removed

Thank you for doing the right thing,
XXX XXX

An avalanche of letters to corporate cannot be ignored. I invite you to do so now! PM me a copy of your letter and I will mail the first few letter writers a coupon for pizza after Papa Johns rehires this kid.

PM if you want to eat free pizza for just wearing red white and blue clothes and an empty open carrry holster in front of the Pappa John's in Lufkin, Texas.

If you'd like to verify if he got fired, then call the Lufkin Papa John and ask for yourself:
(936) 634-6611

Thanks for writing a letter to Papa John and letting all your friends and family know to boycott Papa Johns.

Much appreciation,
:jester:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back