Conceal Carry in Tennessee

jbyun

I am a resident of North Carolina and have a valid CCW. Tennessee honors NC's conceal carry permit. If I'm driving through Tennessee, is it legal for me to have a concealed and loaded handgun in the vehicle?

Yep, should be fine.

I know two folks who do this quite frequently.

Not sure of Tennessee's current stance on carrying where alcohol is served though -- might want to check on that if you're planning on going to any bars.

Welcome to TN.....if you drive through Memphis, wave at me!

1) You have a valid permit recognized by the state, so the gun can be anywhere you so desire in the car. Tape it to the steering wheel if you want.

2) Open carry is legal in TN with a valid permit

3) You may NOT carry inside an establishment that serves alcohol for consumption on premises

4) You are NOT legally obligated to notify law enforcement that you're carrying

Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to TN.....if you drive through Memphis, wave at me!

1) You have a valid permit recognized by the state, so the gun can be anywhere you so desire in the car. Tape it to the steering wheel if you want.

2) Open carry is legal in TN with a valid permit

3) You may NOT carry inside an establishment that serves alcohol for consumption on premises

4) You are NOT legally obligated to notify law enforcement that you're carrying

Enjoy your stay!

5) You MUST provide LE your carry permit upon request.

Isn't there something about not carrying in public parks?

Correct, it is in Link Removed

Many, including myself, says it doesn't actual prohibit handgun carry, but a list of weapon in 39-17-1302(a), but there are two AG opinios that say it does prevent those with a HCP from carry. Link Removed & Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back