Who was first?

Sheldon

A doctor, a civil engineer, and a computer scientist were arguing about what was the oldest profession in the world. The doctor remarked, 'Well, in the Bible it says that God created Eve from a rib taken from Adam. This clearly required surgery, so I can rightly claim that mine is the oldest profession in the world.'

The civil engineer interrupted and said, 'But even earlier in the book of Genesis, it states that God created the order of the heavens and the earth from out of the chaos. This was the first and certainly the most spectacular application of civil engineering. Therefore, fair doctor, you are wrong; mine is the oldest profession in the world.'

The computer scientist leaned back in his chair, smiled and said confidently, 'Ah, but who do you think created the chaos?'

I am sure it must have been a politician because both Adam and Eve tried to pass the buck rather than take responsibility for their sins. Later When Cane killed Able he tried to act innocent rather than take responsibility for his actions. Sounds like politicians to me.

I am sure it must have been a politician because both Adam and Eve tried to pass the buck rather than take responsibility for their sins. Later When Cane killed Able he tried to act innocent rather than take responsibility for his actions. Sounds like politicians to me.

Point well taken.

...Laughter used to be much easier back then.

Ain't that a fact! Today's humor has pretty much degenerated to rude words and epithets mixed with toilet humor. People often laugh due to discomfort or disbelief rather than real humor.

Those guys were funny because it was the only way to get a laugh. After 50 years, people will still buy and watch "The Colgate Comedy Hour" with Abbott and Constello. I doubt anybody will care much for very many of today's comics.

Is it possible that Adam could have been the world's first idiot?

Actually women were a brand new back then and Adam had not be properly educated in women speak... but then thousands of years later and man still has no idea of what a woman really means when she say's "I don't care":hang3:

Actually women were a brand new back then and Adam had not be properly educated in women speak... but then thousands of years later and man still has no idea of what a woman really means when she say's "I don't care":hang3:

Where do you want to eat, Honey?

I don't care.

Let's go to Lum Yuen's.

NO.

Well, how about McDonalds?

NO

How about JB's?

NO

Want to eat at the Outback?

Okay...

Yep... "I don't care (where we eat)" is REALLY hard to interpret sometimes with women.

BUT! I'll bet they (the women) say that about us boys, too, when we say "I don't care."

Makes life interesting to have a variable answer like that. Means different things at different times.

Like when we say;"Wann'a make love tonight, Honey?"

A "NO" answer means you haven't been nice enough to her yet, that's all. So, off to dinner we go, etc.

If it is a "I've got a headache" answer... then forget it, you aren't getting any tonight, Buster! You done messed up and made her mad about "something"... AND you had BETTER NOT ask what that "something" is or you won't get any for several days.

I'm a slow learner, took me FOUR divorces to figure some of that out!

You ask;"Figure out what?"

That SHE is the BOSS, of course.

....That SHE is the BOSS, of course.

I strongly disagree. I don't allow any woman to pull a "power trip" with me. If she wants to play games and hold out on the sex, then she needs to realize that there are MANY other women out there. I've never had a problem with women using sex as leverage with me. I refuse to allow it.

As for the other things, men need to learn how to speak up and remind the women about "Title IX". If they want to be treated equal, then they must act accordingly. Baiting a guy with sex is an insult to all of the women who worked so hard to get to where they are today.

gf

I strongly disagree. I don't allow any woman to pull a "power trip" with me. If she wants to play games and hold out on the sex, then she needs to realize that there are MANY other women out there. I've never had a problem with women using sex as leverage with me. I refuse to allow it.

As for the other things, men need to learn how to speak up and remind the women about "Title IX". If they want to be treated equal, then they must act accordingly. Baiting a guy with sex is an insult to all of the women who worked so hard to get to where they are today.

gf

It happens with married couples too. Tell me exactly how you would get around that if your wife were to pull this on you; obviously, the "there are many other women out there" argument wouldn't work with the woman to whom you are married unless you're an adulterer.

It happens with married couples too. Tell me exactly how you would get around that if your wife were to pull this on you; obviously, the "there are many other women out there" argument wouldn't work with the woman to whom you are married unless you're an adulterer.

I have to say in my 30+ years of marriage that one never came up, nor did the "If I were to die would you get remarried" one either, but then I guess I never gave her reason to ask...:suicide:

I have to say in my 30+ years of marriage that one never came up, nor did the "If I were to die would you get remarried" one either, but then I guess I never gave her reason to ask...:suicide:
Congratulations! That is something to be proud of in "this day and age". Mom and Dad made it 62 years of marriage before he died earlier this year at 87.

So few and far between make it over 30 years together , let alone over 20 years together it seems like. The most I made it in one marriage was a little over 21 years.

Buy her flowers, Sheldon. People like you and your wife, and other such long term married couples are the backbone of America.

My wife and I will celebrate no. 40 this December and we got married very young so I guess it really was a miracle. Not only is it rare this day and age to stay together that long but staying together at all as young as we were is double hard.

Wow-- 30, 29, 62! You folks deserve some congratulations.

I feel like a newlywed at only 28 years!

Okay, that was a lie, in no way do I feel like a newlywed--I've been married so long I don't even look before I cross the street...

:to_pick_ones_nose3:

Wow-- 30, 29, 62! You folks deserve some congratulations.

I feel like a newlywed at only 28 years!

Okay, that was a lie, in no way do I feel like a newlywed--I've been married so long I don't even look before I cross the street...

:to_pick_ones_nose3:

Just follow Oregon Vet's advice and buy her some flowers once in a while to keep her guessing, Oh and sparkly's for all other occasions help too. N you will make it no problem.

But she was made with spare ribs. I really like spare ribs had mine 31 years.Still working on the sauce.:dance3:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back