Oops!

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Link Removed

Man shot when he enters wrong house

A 24-year-old Orlando man was shot twice after accidentally entering a neighbor's home, thinking it was his own, according to the Associated Press.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said deputies were called to a suspected burglary and found James Conway moaning on the floor, saying he'd been shot in his own town house.

Investigators said 61-year-old Berty DeGuzman admitted firing at Conway. He said he thought he was being robbed.

Conway was alert, but allegedly told investigators he had been drinking.

Deputies did not immediately recommend charges against either man. In Florida, it is legal to use deadly force if a person feels he is being threatened by an intruder or attacker.

How do you not know which is your house and which is someone else's house? Me thinks there is more to this story.

"I thought it was mine" is the excuse that usually comes right after "I didn't do anything!" :drag:

"I thought it was mine" is the excuse that usually comes right after "I didn't do anything!" :drag:

"He had been drinking"

I had a simlilar story happen in my neighborhood this year.

One of my buddies 4 houses down is a doctor & he was on all-night surgery rotation. His wife had gone to a friend's house for a while & got home to hear the alarm going off. Stupidly of them, they don't typically lock the door (but they set the alarm...go figure). The cops were called and they found a drunk guy passed out on their couch. Apparently, their next-door neighbors had a little bit of a shindig & one of the guests went outside for a smoke. He was so trashed, he walked into the wrong house. Figuring everyone went home without him, he just sat on the couch where he passed out. Had it been my house, he would likely be dead.

How do you not know which is your house and which is someone else's house? Me thinks there is more to this story.

According to the story, he had been drinking. People do crazy stuff when they drink, so I don't think it's as far out there as it may seem to you.

Maybe he thought it was his house and maybe he had been drinking and decided to go rob someone. Who knows. Anyway, wandering around a house that isn't yours is a great way to get shot.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back