Did anyone else catch this?

BoomChick

National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive

You can notice in this document who is controlling whether or not our government is constitutional and it ain't the SCOTUS.

It is also interesting to note exactly what the president is allowed to control according to this law.

Finally, these points are interesting:

(22) Revocation. Presidential Decision Directive 67 of October 21, 1998 ("Enduring Constitutional Government and Continuity of Government Operations"), including all Annexes thereto, is hereby revoked.
(23) Annex A and the classified Continuity Annexes, attached hereto, are hereby incorporated into and made a part of this directive.
(24) Security. This directive and the information contained herein shall be protected from unauthorized disclosure, provided that, except for Annex A, the Annexes attached to this directive are classified and shall be accorded appropriate handling, consistent with applicable Executive Orders.

Does anyone know their history? Can you cite some other examples where a leader started granting their self emergency powers? Do you have faith that the election in November will happen? I'm not so sure. . . . scary stuff considering that the executive now owns a controlling interest in all of the US investment banks. . . .

Here's a clip from C-SPAN:

YouTube - King Bush Declares Martial Law Due to Economic Crisis

Couldn't find anything from our privately-owned media outlets.

I have said for a long time that Presidential Directives and Executive Orders were very dangerous and an end run around the Constitution. Bush may or may not use this one before he leaves office but it will be in place for the next President.

I have said for a long time that Presidential Directives and Executive Orders were very dangerous and an end run around the Constitution. Bush may or may not use this one before he leaves office but it will be in place for the next President.

I wouldn't put it past "The Decider" to invoke this one sometime in his last three months in office.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back