Gun in car w/ SC CWP

What part of the law did you take that from? Here's the definition I found for "concealable weapon":

(6) “Concealable weapon” means a firearm having a length of less than twelve inches measured along its greatest dimension that must be carried in a manner that is hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing except when needed for self defense, defense of others, and the protection of real or personal property.

So the rules for identifying yourself as a CWP holder clearly say "when carrying a concealable weapon", which means when carrying a gun in normal wear of clothing. It does not say ANYTHING about "on or about your person", so I'm not sure where you pulled that from.

Look at page 4...Read the page, and you will see what I was commenting on....

Glad to help.

What part of the law did you take that from? Here's the definition I found for "concealable weapon":

(6) “Concealable weapon” means a firearm having a length of less than twelve inches measured along its greatest dimension that must be carried in a manner that is hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing except when needed for self defense, defense of others, and the protection of real or personal property.

So the rules for identifying yourself as a CWP holder clearly say "when carrying a concealable weapon", which means when carrying a gun in normal wear of clothing. It does not say ANYTHING about "on or about your person", so I'm not sure where you pulled that from.

Look at page 4...Read the page, and you will see what I was commenting on....

Glad to help.
I see what you're saying now but my professor confirmed that the laws that are written specifically for concealed weapons holders would trump any contradictory miscellaneous laws. Therefore, if the part about identifying yourself as a CWP holder does not state that you must do so regardless of where your gun is, then as long as the law states what it states then you do not have to identify yourself as a CWP holder UNLESS you are CARRYING A CONCEALABLE WEAPON. And as per the definition they give of a concealable weapon, it must be on your person to apply as such.

And as long as I know I'm within my rights, I'll gladly spend whatever I have to defying our government of the rights they try and strip away from me. My opinion is that complacence and fear of standing up for your rights is the reason Feinstein and Obama are getting away with all the crap they are to begin with. You have to be willing to push back and fight for your freedoms no matter what the costs, or you might as well go turn in your guns tomorrow.

I just think our law in SC need to be clearer..Lot of room for opinions......

I would not want to see a citizen caught up in this confusion and have to throw a few "G's" away to defend himself.....

I don't really worry too much about it as i fall under HR 218 for retired LEO so it does not really apply to me....

I just think our law in SC need to be clearer..Lot of room for opinions......

I would not want to see a citizen caught up in this confusion and have to throw a few "G's" away to defend himself.....

I don't really worry too much about it as i fall under HR 218 for retired LEO so it does not really apply to me....
And hopefully when I graduate I'll be active LEO so myself included.

I had to laugh a little just now because I kinda took a step back and looked at the whole scope of this "duty to inform" argument and I couldn't help but find it humorous that if not informing an officer that you are a CWP holder, whether deliberate or you just don't think to, is the worst thing they have to worry about that day, I'd say we live in a pretty good world!

Good luck in your quest...One piece of advise I would pass on to you is stay humble and always remember to treat every citizen with respect until he shows you he does not deserve it...

Good luck in your quest...One piece of advise I would pass on to you is stay humble and always remember to treat every citizen with respect until he shows you he does not deserve it...
That's one of the biggest motivations for why I want to go into the field. Aside from the fact that I feel it is what I have been called to do, I want to set an example to people of how they should expect an LEO to conduct themselves. I have heard every excuse in the book but the fact of the matter is, if an officer cannot do their job without belittling everyone they come in contact with then it simply is not the career path for them.

That's one of the biggest motivations for why I want to go into the field. Aside from the fact that I feel it is what I have been called to do, I want to set an example to people of how they should expect an LEO to conduct themselves. I have heard every excuse in the book but the fact of the matter is, if an officer cannot do their job without belittling everyone they come in contact with then it simply is not the career path for them.

Then you should do well and set the example for the younger officers as they come into the field...There are more than enough punks in the field that need to be weeded out.

Try not to live in a Black & White world...There are shades of Gray...Took me a good while to realize that.....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back