TX resident traveling to Oklahoma soon...

chakotay

Taking a little vacation from the big city of Dallas to Broken Bow. This'll be the first time trying out reciprocity with another state. Anything particularly different about Oklahoma's laws from Texas? I've tried looking through the OK concealed cary regs, but you know how convoluted law speak is. Looks like the prohibited places are the same as Texas'. But am I reading this correctly; I can't carry it in my car chamber loaded? I just don't want any surprises if I'm pulled over.

Oklahoma feed back

Taking a little vacation from the big city of Dallas to Broken Bow. This'll be the first time trying out reciprocity with another state. Anything particularly different about Oklahoma's laws from Texas? I've tried looking through the OK concealed cary regs, but you know how convoluted law speak is. Looks like the prohibited places are the same as Texas'. But am I reading this correctly; I can't carry it in my car chamber loaded? I just don't want any surprises if I'm pulled over.

You can carry a loaded concealed pistol. What it is talking about are chambered loaded pistols, long guns and shotguns, which can't be loaded or chambered loaded while in transport unless exempt with a CCW. Title 21 * 1289.13 will tell you. The thing to do if pulled over is to show the officer your drivers license and CCW License. Oklahoma statue requires notification to police officers. If you have any questions just go to the Oklahoma Concealed carry statutes and look them up. Title 21. Have fun in Broken Bow the trout fishing is great.

One important distinction and something that is unique to OK. Anything over .45 caliber is prohibited in OK for CCW.

One important distinction and something that is unique to OK. Anything over .45 caliber is prohibited in OK for CCW.

Nice post bro

Another thing to consider is that it is not common for a non-LEO in this state to open carry. I am not sure if it is legal or not but you might have a furball on your hands if you attempt it.

"Transporting a loaded firearm" is null and void if you have a CCL

As of 1 november 2012, it is legal to open carry in OK. The only thing i'm wonding is if you have a holstered gun in a concealed carry condition and a wind blows the jacket/shirt open....is this ok with the open carry situation now?

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back