Yet another reason to carry at home

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
his was in Fox news!!!

Indiana Father Kills Sex Offender Who Broke Into Home
Monday , September 29, 2008

A convicted sex offender died Sunday during a struggle with a father who found the naked man in or near his 17-year-old daughter's bedroom, police said.

Police responding to a call from the city's northwest side about 3:20 a.m. found 64-year-old Robert McNally on the hallway floor with his arm around the neck of 52-year-old David T. Meyers, who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police spokesman Sgt. Matthew Mount said Meyers had a heart condition and may have had a heart attack. An autopsy was planned.

Police said Meyers was naked except for a mask and latex gloves and had entered the home through a window near the girl's bedroom with rope, condoms and a knife. He was familiar with the home's layout because it belonged to a relative, police said.

The girl awoke and screamed when she saw the man in her room, police said. The father responded and struggled with the intruder while the girl's mother phoned 911.

Police did not anticipate any charges against McNally.

"If a person breaks into your home, you are justified in using deadly force in defending your family," said Mount. "In this situation, I don't think he was trying to kill him, he was trying to hold him down."

Meyers had served 10 years in prison for criminal confinement and sexual deviate conduct and was wanted in Boone County for failure to register as a sex offender. He was registered as a sex offender in Marion County.

Police said Meyers lived with his mother and had recently lost his job.

The death is under investigation and will be reviewed by a Marion County prosecutor.

"Nobody wins," McNally told The Indianapolis Star. "It's a lose-lose situation for everybody. He has family also."

He said his daughter went to church Sunday after the incident.

I think this is the same story posted in the off topic section... looks like it's written differently though.

and good riddens to the wierdo.

It had a good ending but if the BG had been younger, bigger , stronger or there had been more than one it could have been very different. That is why we need to be armed.

Another one bites the dust...Another one bites the dust

If this were my home and my daughter, this guy would of been easting buck shot. What a creep show!

I think the father was in bed at the time. Personally, I NEVER carry in bed. Bad manners, and very uncomfortable.

Neither do I but I have one loaded handgun under my pillow and another in the nightstand next to the bed and a 12 GA behind the door. You just never know.

Bad idea bad idea bad idea

A gun under the pillow, or tucked in the bed frame is real good idea.

BAD IDEA BAD IDEA BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A guy I used to work with A/D himself in the noggin because of this.

HE LIVED!!!!!!!

It took the sugeons 6 1/2 hours to piece his skull back together.

He looks like a giant 3D jigsaw puzzle and still is not right in the head.

BAD IDEA BAD IDEA BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back