Live Webcam Large Hadron Collider

NDS

Evidently there were some technical difficulties but they now have a webcam up. You can check it out in near real-time:
lhc

lol They did a good job on that. I wonder how many people found that site by mistake and freaked out or :suicide2:! :laugh:

I hope nobody actually believes that the world will come to an end because of something done by man. God, and God only, has control over that.

I hope nobody actually believes that the world will come to an end because of something done by man. God, and God only, has control over that.

I always wonder about people who say ^such^ things.

I remember sitting in church with my parents and the pastor sermonizing that organ transplants subverted god's will.

As a young adult I read theological discussions about the evils of invitro fertilization.

I've read old articles about the hubris of people infringing upon god's creative intent because people built flying machines.

Religious myopia often seems to afflict those infected with the 'belief disease'

Reality will move on, then the superstitious will adjust their belief system to pretend their holy books said it was so all along...

I agree that God is in control and nothing can happen without him allowing it. As I have said I do not think this is the end of the world yet but but God may let us have enough rope to hang ourselves so to speak. Because of the hardness of our hearts man is often his own worst enemy.

I always wonder about people who say ^such^ things.

I remember sitting in church with my parents and the pastor sermonizing that organ transplants subverted god's will.

As a young adult I read theological discussions about the evils of invitro fertilization.

I've read old articles about the hubris of people infringing upon god's creative intent because people built flying machines.

Religious myopia often seems to afflict those infected with the 'belief disease'

Reality will move on, then the superstitious will adjust their belief system to pretend their holy books said it was so all along...

I'm not referring to anything you've written in this post. If a heart transplant will help me live longer, I'm for it. If in vitro fertilization will help an infertile couple reproduce, I'm for it. And if I have the money to fly somewhere instead of riding greyhound, I'll do it. I'm only talking about the end of the world. The end of the world will come at a time and place of God's choosing, not man's. That's a little dose of truth for you.

I guess one man's truth is another man's superstition. Your god in her wisdom has total control over everything we do. It must be her will I'm skeptical of what you write...

We all have our gods. Some the God of the universes. Others self i.e. humanists. Some worship the earth or nature. Others science. Everyone has someone or thing they worship.

That was quite a show. :jester:

IMO, the only thing wrong here is that we never built the Superconducting SuperCollider. If we want to be the economic, technological and scientific leader in the world, we've got to continue doing these kinds of things.

Shooting for the Moon, Mars and uncovering the origins of matter is what makes other nations send us their best and brightest scientists and engineers. That adds a great deal to our economy, culture and national security. This is how we got the transistor, nuclear weapons of various types, radar, FLIR, laser-guided munitions, working rockets, and a whole variety of other things before anyone else - and we did it far better.

It seems like we've gotten too comfortable and complacent, and are rapidly dropping the ball.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back