Home Defense - Lightfield - Less Leathal

K-Products.US

Just Joe
Well, I really don't want to kill anyone but I will defend and kill if necessary. I have found an alternative to the immediate death blow.

Lightfield has the "Zombie Blaster", "Double Ball", "Rubber Slug", "HV Star", and "Rubber Buckshot" - All could be leathal if hit in the right location - Head, Heart, Inner thigh.

However, it really packs a hit that will really bruise and blinding pain to the point of incapacitation.

I have my shotgun loaded with 3 of these rounds and that should prevail - rendering the attacker helpless - But if not the 4th is lead to kill.

It is a good home defense and may also prevent an accidental death of a "friend".

I can see it maybe as the first round but beyond that, it seems to be a bad idea. If there is a reason to use lethal force, use lethal force. This, "I don't really want to hurt anyone", is why the U.S. hasn't won a war since WWII. Cop's can use non lethal force because they have backup. Civilians don't usually have that luxury. If you are the only one in the house, by all means use whatever cranks you on, but if you have family there, you might want to go with enough force to protect them.

Well, I really don't want to kill anyone but I will defend and kill if necessary. I have found an alternative to the immediate death blow.

Lightfield has the "Zombie Blaster", "Double Ball", "Rubber Slug", "HV Star", and "Rubber Buckshot" - All could be leathal if hit in the right location - Head, Heart, Inner thigh.

However, it really packs a hit that will really bruise and blinding pain to the point of incapacitation.

I have my shotgun loaded with 3 of these rounds and that should prevail - rendering the attacker helpless - But if not the 4th is lead to kill.

It is a good home defense and may also prevent an accidental death of a "friend".

These are police weapons for subdual. Not civilian defense weapons.

If someone is attacking you in your home, it will probably be an orchestrated home invasion, and you will be lucky to fight all the assailants off with FMJs.

Wow! If I feel my life threatened where I am pulling out my 12 gauge, believe me, it's loaded with the real stuff. One shot per BG. I don't do warning shots.

Dead men don't sue nor tell lies. Living men can tell lies, especially if there are two of them and one of you. Then there is that little matter of revenge. 00 buck for my shotgun.

"Never point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy"

If I feel my life is in danger and I need to point and shoot a firearm at an attacker and use it to stop the threat then at that point I'm willing to destroy that target, otherwise I would not be pointing the weapon at it in the first place.
not
The winchester pdx1 12 ga segmented slugs loaded in my mossberg are designed to "stop the threat" not "sting the threat"

The only difference in my home defense ammo from non hd ammo is they are designed to not penetrate walls after stopping the threat

Wow! If I feel my life threatened where I am pulling out my 12 gauge, believe me, it's loaded with the real stuff. One shot per BG. I don't do warning shots.

Absolutely agree with this and other replies that question the initial thread's philosophy. Someone in your house has broken in, committed a felony, and may very well be intent on killing you and anyone else in the house and you are expressing a sense of remorse at killing and some sense of fair play with playdough bullets and even think about doing this on the first few shotgun shells? You can do what you want but you will die if this whole "what if" becomes a reality, as the BG walks off with your stuff and leaves you dead as he laughs at your kind-hearted nature. BTW--who is to say any of your playdough bullets actually hit the BG where it counts? At least with double 0, something bad will happen to the BG, no matter where he gets hit. Kindly rethink your strategy for home defense and save yourself a whole lot of grief and your life.

Ok, I get everyone's point..... And I mostly agree but having been in VN - I was hoping to have an alternative to taking a life again.
I have no quams of shooting a person to death. But, I was looking to see if this alternative was a viable alternative....... guess by the responses..... Nope!

Nobody here wants to kill, so don't think you are alone in that. We keep our guns to keep from dying. Using rubber bullets is like using a strip of duct tape for a seat belt because I really don't want to be in an accident. The only reason to point a gun at anyone is to protect life and limb then don't mess around. Get training, become proficient, be prepared, and have the mindset that will allow you to protect your family. Just as you have a fire extinguisher that you might never use but are prepared to. I understand, taking a life is a terrible thing but it beats being dead or losing a family member. Should the day ever come be prepared for some very strong emotions. Be resolved to deal with them. With any luck you will have your family to help you through.

Ok, I get everyone's point..... And I mostly agree but having been in VN - I was hoping to have an alternative to taking a life again.
I have no quams of shooting a person to death. But, I was looking to see if this alternative was a viable alternative....... guess by the responses..... Nope!

If a bad guy kicks in your door to your house and is armed, even if you put a 12 ga, 00 buck center chest the bad guy may still get a shot off that you may die from.
So, I hope you really did get the point.

Please, do not miss-understand and unfortunately I have already killed many a human being in defense of myself and others in Nam. I will not hesitate a heatbeat for my family or anyone in need....Yes, my home is my "castle" and the bad guy dead is far better than me or the possibility of my family being hurt by an uninvited guest bent on doing harm or some other intention.
However, I never used this type of ammo or witnessed it's effectiveness or lack of effectiveness. Thus, I was just wondering everyone's take on it but as I read.... I guess, NO ONE is in favor of it at all, regardless of the possibility of it maybe being as an effective alternative.
I have 3 shells of it but reluctant to have it loaded in place of shot. It is devastating on a dress form dummy at 10 feet but not a lethal blow with penetration. Shot on the other hand.... well you know the results.
So, I thank all of you for your words of thought.... and I have decided to NOT use the rubber.

I can see it maybe as the first round but beyond that, it seems to be a bad idea. If there is a reason to use lethal force, use lethal force. This, "I don't really want to hurt anyone", is why the U.S. hasn't won a war since WWII. Cop's can use non lethal force because they have backup. Civilians don't usually have that luxury. If you are the only one in the house, by all means use whatever cranks you on, but if you have family there, you might want to go with enough force to protect them.

This is my thoughts as well^^^^^^^

I'm with you. One rubber round just to give them something else to think about other than bleeding to death on the carpet, but if they continue their advance, the next thing they will have to deal with will be lead poisoning.

If your castle is being invaded, you respond with lethal force. Should that lethal force kill the intruder or not, great...as long as the threat is stopped and controlled. No one should want to kill, but every man should be prepared to kill to protect his family.

Sent from my VS840 4G using USA Carry mobile app

I don't ever remember a case where a robber or multiple home invaders used rubber bullets or other non-lethal ammo during their crime, because they have compassion for their victims.

You've already decided to use proper self defense ammo, now. That decision will likely save your, or others lives in your household. If you are prepared and trained.

Good choice. Be safe.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back