favorite music?

boris

thought i would liven up the mood and ask you what you listened to. here is my favs in no particular order:
1.The Beatles{ pre 1967...mostly}
2.The Incomparable Marty Robbins
3. anything from the 50's, especially The Platters and The Everlys
4.Hank,Jr.
5.old fashion southern gospel music, quartets.

Anything but head-banger, wild Jazz, and Rap, any moron can do rap, it requires no skill set what so ever.

I enjoy the following in no particular order: Old country (I'm with Boris on Marty Robbins, also Johnny Horton, Patsy Cline), newer country (George Strait, Alan Jackson), folk (John Denver, Gordon Lightfoot), Broadway Show Tunes (Les Miserables, Fiddler on the Roof), Classical, and religious music. My husband likes classic rock, so I've got my exposure to that as well. :smile:

I enjoy the following in no particular order: Old country (I'm with Boris on Marty Robbins, also Johnny Horton, Patsy Cline), newer country (George Strait, Alan Jackson), folk (John Denver, Gordon Lightfoot), Broadway Show Tunes (Les Miserables, Fiddler on the Roof), Classical, and religious music. My husband likes classic rock, so I've got my exposure to that as well. :smile:

+1 on those early country songs also. I like a lot of the early country singers, i.e. Jim Reeves, Sonny James. A lot of those were cross over and their songs charted on country and pop/rock and roll stations.

I am a rock guy mostly. even some of the heavier stuff such as sevendust, korn,. linkin park, limp bizkit. then again sometimes I like a little seal and enya.

Classic rock

If its not at least 20 years old don't even turn it on.:big_boss:

Southern fried rock. Skynyrd, Outlaws, Allman Bros, Doobies. Also Pink Floyd and of course Zeppelin.

Me too....PLUS:

Texas Country - Pat Green, Corey Morrow, Robert Earl Keen (etc.)

Old Country - Willie, Waylon, & the Boys, etc.

80's & 90's metal - Pantera, Metallica, Megadeath, etc.

I completely despise rap, hiphop, and R&B

I can't stand Top 40

I listen to a wide varity of music from Metallica (whos new album comes out tomorrow), Pantera, slipknot to Hank Jr, Brad Paisley, and Carrie Underwood (ok I lied, I just enjoy her videos).:man_in_love:

I have a deep, dark secret to reveal. Every once in a while, I enjoy listening to Fear Factory, a heavy metal band. My favorite FF songs are Trauma, Demanufacture, Self Bias Resistor, Archetype, Slave Labor, and Obsolete. Anyone else? Actually, I don't understand a single word that's being said in any of their songs; I just think that the drumbeat is awesome, and that's primarily what I listen to them for.

i like alot of

different music as well, but my tastes run to music i can sing with and that means usually oldies. i love'em and patsy cline, jim reeves, i think the golden era for music was the 50's and early 60's. beach boys everly brothers, i even enjoy Dean Martin. you can keep Frank, though. TheEagles last album was really good. i do not enjoy rap/hip hop as to me it makes no sense and advocates violence. i guess that is why most of them that i know of have a rap sheet as long as my left arm and why so many of them are in the ground,having been shot and killed by another "brother". i even enjoy big band sound from the WWII era. HK, do you remember "the cat who chewed your new shoes?!! hahahaha!!!

different music as well, but my tastes run to music i can sing with and that means usually oldies. i love'em and patsy cline, jim reeves, i think the golden era for music was the 50's and early 60's. beach boys everly brothers, i even enjoy Dean Martin. you can keep Frank, though. TheEagles last album was really good. i do not enjoy rap/hip hop as to me it makes no sense and advocates violence. i guess that is why most of them that i know of have a rap sheet as long as my left arm and why so many of them are in the ground,having been shot and killed by another "brother". i even enjoy big band sound from the WWII era. HK, do you remember "the cat who chewed your new shoes?!! hahahaha!!!

How could I forget?:laugh:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back