My LEO encounter

Brainchild

Ok,I have just had my first police encounter while carrying,and the first on a motorcycle.Now,alot of you guys,and even some people I knoe at work have said that after the officer saw your CHL he let you go with a warning.Apparently I am immune to this particular magic.I was riding to work,driving,I thought,with the flow of traffic.There were even,I think,some cars going faster than I was.I hear a siren behind me,looked in the mirror and see flashing lights.I somehow knew he was after me so I got completely off the freeway onto the feeder and pulled over.So,I'm sitting there,and the officer comes up to me and asks to see my license.I hadn't even got it out before he said "I'm gonna cite you for 70 in a 55." I got out my driver license and my CHL and insurance card and handed them to him.He didn't react all crazy when he saw my CHL,in fact,he didn't react at all,except to askl where my weapon was.I patted my side and told him "Right here." He just said to leave it there.So he goes to his car and runs my info,then comes back and writes me a ticket.Then he reminds me that the speed limit there is 55 MPH,tells me when I have to call the court,and tells me I am free to go.Now,I will say,and I am thankful,that he didn't go crazy when he found out I was armed.But he didn't cut me any slack on the speeding either.But it IS the end of the month.
:angry:

Of course the sticker on the gas tank that read:
'Proud and Packing a Pistol!' :thank_you2:
had absolutely nothing to do with this incident?
Or are we off that thread now?

Canis-Lupus

As another fellow Texan I can tell you that over the years I have been stopped for speeding or other minor traffic violations several times sense getting my CHL. Only once did I not receive a ticket and that was for having a brake light out. That is one thing you are told in class, not to expect to get off just because you have a CHL. If it happens great, but I wouldn't expect it.

But he didn't cut me any slack on the speeding either.

So?

I fail to see a problem. FYI: Quotas are illegal, they can write as many tickets as they want to. :biggrin:

BTW: I'm a LEO, but I don't work the road and I don't write tickets. I do however write reports.

Biker

Overall, a positive experience. If indeed, everyone was going over the posted speed limit, he probably chose to pull you over because, being on a motorcycle, you seemed like easy pickings.

So?

I fail to see a problem. FYI: Quotas are illegal, they can write as many tickets as they want to. :biggrin:

BTW: I'm a LEO, but I don't work the road and I don't write tickets. I do however write reports.

Biker

I wasn't saying there was a problem,really.Just that I heard that I might catch some slack and didn't.All in all the LEO was doing his job,just of all the people speeding,he pulled me over.Probably because I didn't slow down when he was in the area like everybody else did.

Overall, a positive experience. If indeed, everyone was going over the posted speed limit, he probably chose to pull you over because, being on a motorcycle, you seemed like easy pickings.

Yes,it was.
Like I said,he didn't go crazy when he saw I was armed.So,good for him.

Lets be real you got the ticket because you pulled over, LOL. No seriously, they are right that there isn't a quota, the flow of traffic is part of it, but, they can only get one at a time, if they had a group of cars, there'd be a spotter with radar who would alert the cars ahead who to pull over, etc.

I have a co-worker who pops cars for anything from 7 and up over. depends on the LEO and their personal choice. A lot of the guys I work with won't bother unless its 10+ over.

One other thing, I have never heard about giving a break to folks who have permits... I have never seen anyone I've worked the road with give that break, I have seen it for firefighters, medical, military - cut them a break warning, but I have also seen them written just the same.

I look at it as the guy probably saw you - clocked you - you didn't slow - he went after you AND you stopped. Why he didn't cite you for less over, I don't know.

Good that he didn't act up after the CCW discovery, sad that you got a ticket, but, all in all a normal stop.
:unsure:

Riding a bike makes you a target even with all the RUBS riding now a days many LEO see bikes as thug transportation. So expect to get pulled over. A CCW does not get you a pass as you learned today dont expect it to. Figure if I ride away with a ticket without being drawn down on and not made to eat dirt it was a good stop. If the LEO asks about the custom work on my bike or about my XD set up I normally get a pass. A couple times ended up with some one new to go riding with. I invite them to a ride or poker run than if they show up and are cool, we've become better aquatinted. Once a LEO was tailing me thinking how she would like to be riding when a deer dove right in front of the bike and I hit her (the deer) at 50 mph and did not go down. Impact caused my wife's sissy bar to snap but I was able to bend the fender off of the tire and we did ride away. Shattered the deers hip and the LEO put her down. I came back later and got the meat. The LEO and her husband came over a few weeks later and we had tenderized rump roast. PM me for a trick I learned to beat speeding tickets in WA you may want to try it in TX. Should work.

Last edited:
Ok,I have just had my first police encounter while carrying,and the first on a motorcycle.Now,alot of you guys,and even some people I knoe at work have said that after the officer saw your CHL he let you go with a warning.Apparently I am immune to this particular magic.I was riding to work,driving,I thought,with the flow of traffic.There were even,I think,some cars going faster than I was.I hear a siren behind me,looked in the mirror and see flashing lights.I somehow knew he was after me so I got completely off the freeway onto the feeder and pulled over.So,I'm sitting there,and the officer comes up to me and asks to see my license.I hadn't even got it out before he said "I'm gonna cite you for 70 in a 55." I got out my driver license and my CHL and insurance card and handed them to him.He didn't react all crazy when he saw my CHL,in fact,he didn't react at all,except to askl where my weapon was.I patted my side and told him "Right here." He just said to leave it there.So he goes to his car and runs my info,then comes back and writes me a ticket.Then he reminds me that the speed limit there is 55 MPH,tells me when I have to call the court,and tells me I am free to go.Now,I will say,and I am thankful,that he didn't go crazy when he found out I was armed.But he didn't cut me any slack on the speeding either.But it IS the end of the month.
So stop speeding. Doesn't matter if everyone else is speeding or not. To him that knowth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is a crime...

The motorcycle speeding ticket

I am glad the officer showed virtually no concern about your chl. As the states started to issue the permits there was a concern in the mind of the older law enforcement officers that wanted citizens to be licensed that the young officers would cause a problem by over reacting.

Be careful and I am happy everthing worked out as well as it could.

Pat Olvey
email [email protected]

I am glad the officer showed virtually no concern about your chl. As the states started to issue the permits there was a concern in the mind of the older law enforcement officers that wanted citizens to be licensed that the young officers would cause a problem by over reacting.

Be careful and I am happy everthing worked out as well as it could.

Pat Olvey
email [email protected]

Holy thread resurection batman.

Someone must be really bored. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan