How drunk do you have to be..?

A buddy of mine who is a cop in Alaska sent me this in a e-mail. I don't know how accurate the story is, but the pictures speak for themselves.

The story goes.... Now here's one tough Dodge truck. This happened in Vernon , B.C

The driver hit the left turn light at 48th Ave. And 27th St. and sheared off the light post at the base, and then kept driving on about 2 km to Squires Four Pub, where he stopped for more beer!! How drunk do you have to be to NOT notice that you are carrying a lamp standard?

(Notice that there is an Alberta plate on the truck. No one said anything about a smart driver.)

The truck was towed about 2.5 km. to the Vernon towing yard, with the light still pinched between the two tow hooks and bent bumper,

It took several good hard pulls with a backhoe to get the pole free.

Link Removed

I'm willing to bet that it's just a publicity stunt.

Actually I posted this in another forum and got his reply from a Canadian member:

Junkyard Dawg

By being under the influence, the young man's insurance was invalid, leaving him with the repair bill on his leased truck. There was no word in the local newspapers as to what legal charges he faced.

So I'm thinkin it's legit.

Actually I posted this in another forum and got his reply from a Canadian member:

Junkyard Dawg

By being under the influence, the young man's insurance was invalid, leaving him with the repair bill on his leased truck. There was no word in the local newspapers as to what legal charges he faced.

So I'm thinkin it's legit.

I stand corrected. It really did look too ridiculous to be true, though.

Too bad it wasn't South Africa--there it would have been a 'robot.':to_pick_ones_nose:

If it were a publicity stunt, why would they have shown a license plate number that could so easily be verified?

HUL 252 Alberta Canada Plates licensed through Mar-08 (I left this close up out of the slideshow)

If it were a publicity stunt, why would they have shown a license plate number that could so easily be verified?

HUL 252 Alberta Canada Plates licensed through Mar-08 (I left this close up out of the slideshow)

I can answer that very easily. Because the car salesman is a businessman, and if he feels that this is something that will increase his sales, and thus make him more money, then one destroyed car is well worth the sacrifice. There you have it.:rolleyes:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back