New M&P .45

Palmach

Couldn't help myself. Went to the gun show today and picked up an M&P .45.

I have been carrying a PT145, but since shooting that M&P, I had to have one. I think the PT will now end up being a back up.

Congrats on the new addition! Hmmmm I wonder if there are any shows around me this weekend! lol

Lakeland and Melbourne this weekend.

I will be at Lakeland. I am picking up a Mosin that I had shipped to my FFl. This ismy next project, along with 2
Romy AK's I am working on.

Lakeland and Melbourne this weekend.

I will be at Lakeland. I am picking up a Mosin that I had shipped to my FFl. This ismy next project, along with 2
Romy AK's I am working on.

Thanks for the info! I may just run up to lakeland and look around. Maybe Space Coast bullets will be there. I need to pick up some .45 acp and some primers.

Thanks for the info! I may just run up to lakeland and look around. Maybe Space Coast bullets will be there. I need to pick up some .45 acp and some primers.

They were at Orlando, but I did not ask if they would be at Lakeland. I know many dealers that will be going to Melbourne instead. It seems that Lakeland is losing some steam. At least the shows run by Suncoast. I thought is was an OK show when I was there last month. I usually go to Lakeland as the dealer I work with does not go to the Orlando shows. I am told that the show run by the Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club is better, and this one will be Sept. 20-21

They were at Orlando, but I did not ask if they would be at Lakeland. I know many dealers that will be going to Melbourne instead. It seems that Lakeland is losing some steam. At least the shows run by Suncoast. I thought is was an OK show when I was there last month. I usually go to Lakeland as the dealer I work with does not go to the Orlando shows. I am told that the show run by the Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club is better, and this one will be Sept. 20-21

Thanks for the heads up Palmach. I'll have to catch up with you at one of the shows. I'll be in the market for a remington 870 or a mossberg 500 persuader soon.

Thanks for the heads up Palmach. I'll have to catch up with you at one of the shows. I'll be in the market for a remington 870 or a mossberg 500 persuader soon.

My wife has been checking out the 500 at the last few shows. I am a blessed man. She is the one that pushes me for more guns.

What is the safety system on the M&P? Are some available with a safety? I don't know much about the M&P, but they seem like great guns.

M&P's are great guns. I have put a couple thousand rounds through my 9mm and never had a problem. I also carry a PT145, but I prefer the M&P.

Congrats on the gun. Nothing like getting a new firearm to make ones day. Glad to here you wife is on board when it comes to guns. I have be blessed in that respect also.

What is the safety system on the M&P? Are some available with a safety? I don't know much about the M&P, but they seem like great guns.

Yes, there are versions out there with safeties, they usually say in the description. I've been carrying the full size for about 6 months when I go on patrol with the Sheriff Dept. The nice things they have are pretty well described on the S&W home page.

The loaded chamber indicator, the palm swells, the light rail, it's all been upgraded for the M&P from the other polymer versions they made before.

Kind of like a Glock, but also not. The trigger reset is different, the grip is better than a Glock. They come in Tan and Black as well.:biggrin:

Just got a fullsize M&P45 last week myself (Desert Tan). Only been to the range with it once (yesterday evening) and only had enough time for about 100 rounds, but so far it shoots great! I was a little apprehensive because the trigger felt a little heavy and gritty when dry firing, but it felt pretty good while shooting live ammo. I was stuck shooting from 25 yards without a rest (the closest you can get at our local range is 25 yards - if no one else is there, I usually move up to 10 or 15 yards, but silly me, I decided to go shoot the night before deer season opened, so the range was full of rifle shooters) but even offhand at that distance, I kept pretty much all the shots inside an 8" target. I don't think I'll actually carry mine as I'm kind of small, and it's kind of big; but, with a Lasermax Uni-Max laser sight and an Insight Procyon light, it makes a great "nightstand gun."

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back