The Olympic medal count

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
It kinda surprised me that during the entire sixteen days of the Olympics, I did not see a single thread posted about the Olympics. I was on yahoo checking my email a little while ago and saw this article. Pay particularly close attention to the last two items, which deal with the "real" medal count, those medals awarded in sports in which judges don't determine the outcome. I found it quite interesting.

36 facts about the Olympic medal count - Fourth-Place Medal - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports

Did you read the comments at the bottom of the article? Chris Chase is not liked very much there. A lot of his facts were questioned. I read it and thought that it was very interesting also but after reading all the comments, well...I don't know.

I just wished they would have shown all the shooting competitions on TV. I guess that was not PC!:angry:

This makes no sense....

1) China won the most gold medals at the Beijing Games with 51. They become the first country to crack the 50-gold mark since the Soviet Union in 1988. The most golds ever won in a single Olympics is 83 (United States, 1984).

Th:no:ey don't want to show much on the shooting. It might encourage others to want to learn to shoot.

Th:no:ey don't want to show much on the shooting. It might encourage others to want to learn to shoot.

I am just glad that they have not taken shooting out of the olympics altogether. I guess in 2012 there will be no softball. cause no one can give the united states a challenge in it

This makes no sense....

1) China won the most gold medals at the Beijing Games with 51. They become the first country to crack the 50-gold mark since the Soviet Union in 1988. The most golds ever won in a single Olympics is 83 (United States, 1984).

What part of it makes no sense to you?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back