Picks of your suppressed Firearms....

KimberPB

Ok I'll start it off. Currently this is my one and only NFA class weapon, a wealther P22 with suppresser, scope mount, and red dot. My next will be either a 9mm suppresser or a SBR AR-15. So post your suppressed firearms.

besttoy.jpg

Ops! Title should say Pics...

Last edited:
OK folks, I ask only out of curiosity, but other than your weapon makes less noise when fired, (earplugs solve that) what legal & tactical reasons would a CCW owner need of this kit? I thought the idea was to be present when the LEO's show up 2 bag the BG, get your statement and run your story, so E & E is not even close to a good reason to shoot and Di-Di. They add length/size & weight to any gun making true total concealed carry more difficult and take a few seconds to screw/pop one on even with practice. Some (older) models I've seen used actually slow or change the trajectory (spin) of the round as it exits the gun. Miss! The S. Korean ones are prone to explode, saw that mess @ a range outside of Camp Page during Team Spirit '84, blew the ROK's eye to bits! Granted these R not those kim-chee abominations. For hunting I can see U not wanting 2 spook other game, but for CQC I just see them as a way 2 slow me down. Not blasting the concept so please don't flame me too badly, I just don't understand what edge one gives me running into a BG, and I can think of several legal ones it screws me with BAD here in WA if I use one or get caught with one in my carry-gear/reach.
General Rules for Possession of Firearms
Source: Everett city training bulletin 2007-06, dated 03/13/2007
Web: Link Removed
"(A person) Cannot possess a silencer." (and they also mean end of barrel add-on sound suppressors too not legal barrel-tip flash suppressors all M-16's or AR's have built in to cut down the light not the bang)
Web: http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/open_carry_training_bulletins_washington.pdf
(Signed) JAMES I. SCHARF Chief of Police
(The 2 states of WA deal again I guess but per a chat with a Sr. Spokane cop I had over this: "Major probs if U use one here, or much less if U don't inside this city!) Granted these R NOT RCW's or laws (yet) but they R the training media and official guidance given to our P & S B 4 they hit the beat so if they see one they will probably pounce.
I think they are cool and have a bona-fide use, but most of those seem to fade to black-ops.
Enlighten me please,

Canis-Lupus :neo:

I agree that for me it is not practical to carry a suppressed weapon, let alone my suppressed .22, but it is a great way to avoid having to wear ear plugs or muffs. I bought mine mainly as an investment and a way to shoot without having to wear hearing protection. And of course they are just a blast to shoot.

OK folks, I ask only out of curiosity, but other than your weapon makes less noise when fired, (earplugs solve that) what legal & tactical reasons would a CCW owner need of this kit?
Not blasting the concept so please don't flame me too badly, I just don't understand what edge one gives me running into a BG, and I can think of several legal ones it screws me with BAD here in WA if I use one or get caught with one in my carry-gear/reach.
I give some reasons here:

http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/wa_gun_laws_suppressor.txt

General Rules for Possession of Firearms
"(A person) Cannot possess a silencer."
Even though that appears in a police training bulletin, that is factually inaccurate.

Washington law states that use of a suppressor is a misdemeanor offense - see the above link.

It is lawful to possess a suppressor (assuming you've jumped through all the federal hoops).

It is lawful to carry a suppressor around.

It is lawful to attach a suppressor to your firearm.

It is not lawful to propel bullets through a suppressor.

It is polite not to make your neighbors jump.It is the law in some countrys that all gun must be suppresed.Target pratice only.

There are many good legit applications that a suppressor is good for. Here are a few:

1. An investment just like many other firearms. You think the value will go up is Obama gets in office??
2. I've taken new shooters to the range and they loved shooting the 22. because it wasn't noisy or kicked hard. Since then they have come back several times. So it help new people get into the sport.
3. Say you have a basement. Whats stopping you from making your own little indoor range? Noise? not an issue.
4. Say you want to shoot in your back yard but its either to early or to late for all that noise. Problem solved.
5. Say you have a garden or just some rodents you need to get off your property or out of your garden. Now you can without bugging anyone around.
6. I personally love shooting mine something about hearing the bullet hit the target/back stop is just fun.
7. Well, they just look cool
8. I can sooooo why not?

Just a few reasons.

OK folks, I ask only out of curiosity, but other than your weapon makes less noise when fired, (earplugs solve that) what legal & tactical reasons would a CCW owner need of this kit? ......

Should neighbors and other citizens wear ear plugs because you have a weapon and may fire it ?

Suppressors are used to reduce noise

same way a muffler is on a car, truck or bike

How about your neighbors or bike riders cut off their mufflers and drive by your property all hours of the day ?

Personally I like the ones that you used to see in the movies and t.v. You know those revolvers with a silencer on them.:lol:

I agree that for me it is not practical to carry a suppressed weapon, let alone my suppressed .22, but it is a great way to avoid having to wear ear plugs or muffs. I bought mine mainly as an investment and a way to shoot without having to wear hearing protection. And of course they are just a blast to shoot.

Pardon me if my question sounds dumb, because I have never shot a suppressed gun. I'm wondering if suppressors can also reduce felt recoil.

Pardon me if my question sounds dumb, because I have never shot a suppressed gun. I'm wondering if suppressors can also reduce felt recoil.

Not a dumb question. I've never really thought about it but I suppose it could help the felt recoil slightly. As the gases work there way through the baffles it could act as a break. The suppressor does not weigh a lot but it is more weight out at the end of the barrel with could help with the upward recoil. I've only shot my suppressed .22 and they don't kick much to start. Maybe someone with else can chime in.

OK I read: Proposed amendment to RCW 9.41.250, which seems to point at the only reason a weapon should have a noise reducing device, silencer, suppressor attached is to make the discharge less decibels.

...right, that's "suppression".

I don't think nor have I ever heard that a single shot fired in self defense has been a reason for a BG to sue the shooter for hearing loss,

I don't care about the hearing of some goblin who's invaded my home and is attacking my family. I do care a great deal about my hearing and the hearing of my family members, and if my wife were pregnant I would care a great deal about the development of the fetus. I will admit that electronic hearing protectors by your bedside are a good idea, but they do not address all aspects of the problem.

Can you provide me with a better reason for a silenced shooter?
Did you even read the rationale section of the link I posted?

In addition, please justify why, if it is not used in the commission of a crime, it should be unlawful to use a suppressor. There are uses that don't involve the commission of a crime - if it is legal to do x without a suppressor, it should be legal to do x with a suppressor. Just because you can only see it being used by assassins, does not mean that's the only use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we get back to posting photos so i can go back to drooling over guns i will never own lol......

DROOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. LOL vary nice photos keep them coming would love to see more. I keep checking this every time i see a new post hoping it's new photos..

OMG yes back down. Just like everything if you want it and it is legal get it have fun with it, but please just enjoy the site. Everyone has likes and dislikes that don’t make you a bad person.

I thought it was just proper etiquete when one settles into ones hotel room to quietly screw the supressor onto the barrel of the PPK and place it on the table while sipping the propperly shaken Vodka martini just in case one has to dispose of an unwelcomed visitor, which apparently happens quite often.

Uhhhh ... or I guess you could consider locking the door next time Mr. Bond :man_in_love:.

I've shot a suppressed MP5 (full auto) and a suppressed 9mm pistol. having never shot an unsilenced MP5 I really can't compare that one to anything. but with having the silencer on the 9mm I would have to say that the recoil did feel softer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back