Shooting while focusing on the threat

jbfla

I hve been shooting with HexSights for two months now. These sights are designed to be used while looking through the sights at the threat. I liked them so well that I now have them on all of the guns I shoot. Right now they can be self installed on all models of Glocks. On other guns the pistols must be sent to the developer for installation.

The HexSights also fit on KWA Airsoft type gas operated semi-automatic training pistols that shoot 6mm plastic pellets. While I still shoot centerfire pistols I shoot the Airsoft guns all of the time now. The Airsoft pistols weight the same as the real gun and work the same as well. At tactical ranges they are as accurate as my real Glocks. They penetrate cardboard so they leave a hole in the target. I now practice using a concealment garment and starting from a holster. I use them in my garage and sometimes in my family room. A can of propane costs $2.46 and 5,000 pellets cost about $10. I am not sure how many shots I can get from a can of propane as I have not been able to empty the first one.

My wife and I shoot the Airsoft guns all of the time now. My granddaughter has taken to them as well and wants one for her birthday. I also have starting to introduce them to my training classes with excellent results.

Shooting with both eyes open and with a threat focus has changed the whole experience of shooting for me. I have 20/20 distance vision but no longer have close vision. The HexSights are the only sights I have used that takes care of this problem. I simply cannot focus on the front sights and until I discovered the HexSites my shooting has just gotten worse each year. Now I am hitting the targets again and my speeds are picking up again.

10 " front sight no problem getting sight picture,just can not see target. I have the same problem and found high vis sights to be helpful.

I hve been shooting with HexSights for two months now. These sights are designed to be used while looking through the sights at the threat. I liked them so well that I now have them on all of the guns I shoot. Right now they can be self installed on all models of Glocks. On other guns the pistols must be sent to the developer for installation.

The HexSights also fit on KWA Airsoft type gas operated semi-automatic training pistols that shoot 6mm plastic pellets. While I still shoot centerfire pistols I shoot the Airsoft guns all of the time now. The Airsoft pistols weight the same as the real gun and work the same as well. At tactical ranges they are as accurate as my real Glocks. They penetrate cardboard so they leave a hole in the target. I now practice using a concealment garment and starting from a holster. I use them in my garage and sometimes in my family room. A can of propane costs $2.46 and 5,000 pellets cost about $10. I am not sure how many shots I can get from a can of propane as I have not been able to empty the first one.

My wife and I shoot the Airsoft guns all of the time now. My granddaughter has taken to them as well and wants one for her birthday. I also have starting to introduce them to my training classes with excellent results.

Shooting with both eyes open and with a threat focus has changed the whole experience of shooting for me. I have 20/20 distance vision but no longer have close vision. The HexSights are the only sights I have used that takes care of this problem. I simply cannot focus on the front sights and until I discovered the HexSites my shooting has just gotten worse each year. Now I am hitting the targets again and my speeds are picking up again.

Is it possible that you could post before and after targets? I'm interested in seeing just how much these sights have improved your shooting.

Also, how much do they cost?

This is very interesting for someone like myslef who has always had a problem keeping my off eye closed....patches work but the pirate look is so out.....
It looks like the XD is next in line, cant wait to give these a try!!!:ph34r:

Those look very interesting. I wonder if they fit a PT92.

A little expensive (a hair > 130 from what I could see). Still an interesting Idea.

Last edited:
I usually don't talk about this...... but I am going to now because I feel it may perhaps benefit a few users.

As some users already know, I have had the displeasure of being involved in two shootings. I have taken one life, and maimed one for life. Do I have regrets? None, not a single one.

With that said, I can personally assure you, that no sights in the world will help you in the situation that any of us could perhaps find ourselves involved in one day. Once I was involved in a night shooting, once in broad daylight.

Night Sights would not have helped, because I shot at less than 10 feet............... special sights would not have helped in my daylight involved shooting either, it occured at approximately the same distance.

Both times a .45 caliber was used, both times the BG immediately hit the ground with a single shot fired, and I never remember sighting in, just POINT AND SHOOT.

If this is helpful to some, God Bless............ if not......... God Bless anyway............

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back