Vests for concealed carry & motorcycling

DarrellM5

I'm looking for ideas on a vest that could be used for both CCW and motorcycling. So far I've found one, from concealed carry outfitters. Here's the link:

Link Removed

I guess the black oilskin one might work OK, but I'd prefer leather. I will be putting a 10" x 9" patch on the back and would like to conceal my firearm in the vest.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks HK4U. Those are really nice. I also found one made by Roma Leather that's available at:

Link Removed

It's a lot less expensive than the Coronado, but that could mean several things. I've sent them an email to see if it's ambidextrous and to find out if a patch would look good on the back (no seams running through the back panel).

Vest

I own a CCO vest and really like it. Conceals a small to med frame auto or revolver quite nicely. Those Coronado vests are really nice.....someday, when I can justify ponying up the $, I will buy one of those!

What about IWB

I am also in the market for a Vest for riding. I use an IWB holster. I don't like the cross draw options in the CCW vests. Is there anyone out there who is the ssme way. I'm just looking for a vest that is long enough to cover the firearm while sitting.

I have a Coranado vest. It is great. I use it a lot in cooler weather. I bought it at a gun show about 5-6 years back. I did have to go up in size from what I usually wear so if you can it would be good to try one on. My wife also has a couple of their purses. The Roma might be good also but don't know as much about them. I do have a leather fanny pack by Roma and it seems to be well made.

I did get to check out the Coronado vests at a gun show. Very nice and excellent quality. I ended up going with the Roma leather one for less than 1/2 the price. Not quite as high a grade of leather as the Coronado, but pretty decent and a little bit lighter weight. It does have plenty of room in the inside pockets.

I have a Coronado vest in light brown with buffalo nickle snaps. I love it and wear it everywhere I go during the weekends. I will either wear the vest over my shoulder holster or carry two guns in the provided interior pockets. I can't do both, as the guns in the vest would stick out noticibly. My only problem is how far into the pockets you have to reach to get your weapons, and that since they are pockets in the vest and not holsters, the weapons can shift around. That can make getting a good grip on your weapon more difficult.

I have a Coronado vest in light brown with buffalo nickle snaps. I love it and wear it everywhere I go during the weekends. I will either wear the vest over my shoulder holster or carry two guns in the provided interior pockets. I can't do both, as the guns in the vest would stick out noticibly. My only problem is how far into the pockets you have to reach to get your weapons, and that since they are pockets in the vest and not holsters, the weapons can shift around. That can make getting a good grip on your weapon more difficult.

Do you make sure the guns are down in the elastic Holders. I know some like to carry them in the pocket but not secure them in the elastic. I have found if they are loose in the pocket they will move around but if I use the elastic they pretty much stay put.

Last edited:
just abit off subject, but the smartcarry works when I ride. It DOES take some getting used to and you do have to "adjust' when you first mount...but i always did that anyway...you know...a guy thing.

I"ve been trying the 5.11 holster shirts lately and I really like them. I've gone on a few long rides with my Sig P229 in one pocket and my Kahr CW9 in the other. Totally comfortable with no sagging.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for ideas on a vest that could be used for both CCW and motorcycling. So far I've found one, from concealed carry outfitters. Here's the link:

Link Removed

I guess the black oilskin one might work OK, but I'd prefer leather. I will be putting a 10" x 9" patch on the back and would like to conceal my firearm in the vest.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I ran into those people at the Big Reno Gun Show. You may not have to look any further. They had a bunch of stuff on display. The owner demonstrated the vest to us. They are nice. He wanted $199. I didn't have the money to buy one. Yes, I know. How can somebody go to a gun show without money? Those vests are made of durable material too. I would look into one.

I am going to buy one when I have the money.

Last edited:

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back