Who Will Protect Us Against Invasion?

HK4U

Good read and as usual she is right on.

by Phyllis Schlafly August 15, 2008

President George W. Bush, in China attending the Olympic Games, responded promptly to Russia's invasion of Georgia with the caveat that "territorial integrity must be respected." We're still waiting to hear the Bush Administration's response to this month's invasion of Arizona's territorial integrity by the Mexican military.
More than 40 times this year, the Mexican military has crossed our border. The Mexicans even held one of our border guards at gunpoint.

How long are we going to put up with Mexican impudence and federal neglect of duty? One of the most emphatic duties set forth in the U.S. Constitution is that the Federal Government "shall protect each of them [every State] against Invasion."

Some pretend there is a "misunderstanding" about exactly where the border is. But border guards say there is a barbed wire fence at the point where the Mexicans entered the United States.

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) immediately pointed out that if the Bush Administration had built the double fence that Congress ordered, the Mexican vehicles would not have been able to invade U.S. territory. The open-borders crowd claims that a fence is useless because people can easily climb it, but a Mexican army truck can't do that.

Nor can the Mexican vans loaded with illegal drugs climb a fence. All the talk we hear about our "war on drugs" is totally hypocritical so long as no fence is built to keep out the drug-laden trucks.

It's not just Mexican military vehicles that are invading our space. Again this month we read about an SUV packed with illegal aliens that evaded detection by our border patrol and then rolled over on a highway southeast of Phoenix, killing nine people and injuring the other ten on board.

They were crammed into two bucket seats in front and three seats in the back of a speeding Chevrolet Suburban. A border patrol spokesman commented, "The smuggler doesn't care if their cargo lives or dies" because he's already been paid.

But we care about the law, about highway safety, and about the cost. Ten people with critical injuries, who had no right to be here, are now being treated in Arizona hospitals at the U.S. taxpayers' expense.

These latest Mexican invasions come on the heels of further depressing news about the mistreatment of border guards Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean.

When federal prosecutor Johnny Sutton embarked on his national public relations campaign to defend his prosecution of these border guards for allegedly shooting a professional drug smuggler in the rear end, Sutton's most impassioned argument was that Ramos and Compean obstructed justice by failing to report the incident. But on appeal, the Fifth Circuit overturned that part of Ramos's and Compean's conviction, even though the court upheld the jury verdict and the 11- and 12-year prison sentences.

It's time to question not only President Bush but also the presidential candidates, John McCain and Barack Obama. Will you pardon these two border guards who most Americans and 75 Members of Congress believe are the targets of unfair prosecution (by friend-of-Bush Johnny Sutton) under a law never intended to be used against border guards, an unfair trial in which the Bush-appointed judge withheld from the jury damaging information about drug smuggler Davila who was the key witness against the defendants, unfairly long sentences (years longer than the same judge gave the professional drug smuggler whom Ramos and Compean intercepted), and unfair prison treatment in which they were beaten by illegal-alien prisoners?

In another recent flouting of the law, the Bush Administration quietly posted a notice late on August 4 that it is extending from one to two years its plan to allow Mexican trucks to enter the United States and have free access to our highways and roads. Only the week before, the House of Representatives Transportation Committee voted to terminate the program.

There are few issues on which Congress has demonstrated its will so emphatically with a bipartisan vote as the matter of Mexican trucks on our roads. Both Houses of Congress have voted overwhelmingly against the invasion by Mexican trucks which do not meet U.S. safety standards, driven by Mexican drivers who do not meet U.S. safety and language standards.

The House of Representatives voted against the entry of Mexican trucks by 411-3 on May 15, 2007, followed by a second voice vote on July 24. The Senate voted likewise by 75-23 on September 11, and this law was signed by President Bush on December 26, 2007.

When will the Bush Administration stand up for the territorial integrity of the United States against foreign military vehicles, vans with illegal aliens, truckloads of illegal drugs driven by professional drug dealers, and unsafe trucks and drivers that don't meet U.S. standards?

I would be dishonest if I said that I approved of everything Bush has done. with reference to this post I can bring up the 2 border agents still in prison for shooting a drug smuggler. that one fires me up everytime I think about it.
it seems looking into the eyes of Putin and getting in bed with the Mexican government are past-times of Bush that are two of his less favorable attributes; but to answer your question.....“ A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. ”
as it should be!! though my history may be fuzzy in places, was it not a group called the minutemen that played such a vital role in securing our freedom and turning back invasion in the first place?
Ready in a minute of being notified; state militias may just end up our best and last line of defense. just my opinion.

Last edited:
Despite my overall disdain for President Bush, I have commented in past posts that President Bush, unlike President Clinton, would never allow us to be attacked multiple times before responding. Why then is he not doing anything about illegal immigration? I sincerely hope that his impotence on this issue is not political; in other words, I hope he's not doing this just to appease Hispanics in hopes that the next Republican candidate will get their votes. Barack Obama is part of the open borders crowd, so don't expect him to do anything. John McCain is somewhat of an enigma on this issue, only recently changing his position in favor of cracking down on illegal immigration. So, no matter what happens this November, I don't see this situation improving any time in the near future. Let's hope that if McCain is elected, that he is sincere about his change in position on this issue.

Schlafly is on the ball, who will defend the USA when it is a crime to defend it?

We, the ordinary citizens, are going to have to do that. The Minutemen, comprised of ordinary citizens, and who are all armed, have taken it upon themselves to do something about it, and I, for one, support them. If I lived in one of those border states, I'd join them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back