OKAY! What if this happened in the USA?

Oh, and you might want to be careful about using WND as a source. They have a habit of playing fast and loose with the facts. They aren't quite the National Enquirer, but they're close.
I am careful, that's why I disagree with you.

Another dose of reality.

Link Removed

I am careful, that's why I disagree with you.
Disagreed with me on what? You haven't directly addressed anything I've said and I haven't directly addressed anything you've said. I've pointed out some factual errors in articles you've linked to, and I've provided additional links to prove it, so there hasn't been much in the way of opinions stated for you to disagree with.

Another dose of reality.

Link Removed
Yes, CMEs are possible problems. They've been possible problems since the beginning of time. Are we living on borrowed time? Yes, we are. Is a disaster imminent? There's absolutely no way to know. It could happen tomorrow or 500 years from tomorrow. It even says so in that article.

It could be another 500 years before a solar storm as strong
as the one that hit in 1859 heads for Earth, Murtagh said, but
he added: "The more harsh reality is, it could happen next week.
We just do not know."
Now don't claim I'm disagreeing with you again because that's from the article that you linked.

Disagreed with me on what?
Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
Oh, and you might want to be careful about using WND as a source. They have a habit of playing fast and loose with the facts. They aren't quite the National Enquirer, but they're close.

I read a book called Link Removed, by William Forstchen. In the book, the United States is attacked by someone using an EMP. Anything that runs on electricity is toast. This book is INCREDIBLY eye opening. I read it about a 1.5 years ago, and I still think about it often. I've talked to several people who say the same thing about this book. Be sure to check it out.

Link Removed.

I read a book called Link Removed, by William Forstchen. In the book, the United States is attacked by someone using an EMP. Anything that runs on electricity is toast. This book is INCREDIBLY eye opening. I read it about a 1.5 years ago, and I still think about it often. I've talked to several people who say the same thing about this book. Be sure to check it out.
I read and studied a book called The Bible (the "ONE BOOK" that people most like to ignore), it's been around for thousands of years. It says that after (one second or one minute, after is after) the Rapture that every catastrophic nightmare scenario that man has IMAGINED will become reality, ten fold. Why ten fold? Because man's "IMAGINATION" IS LIMITED. For instance the scriptures tell us that "No ear has heard, no eye has seen, nor has it entered into the IMAGINATION of man what God has prepared for those who love Him" (Heaven). The same can be said for those who reject Him (Hell). The Book of Revelation aka 7 year Period of Tribulation is a good example. Man's IMAGINATION cannot fully comprehend the horror of the final 7 years of this present generation "revealed" in this book.

Regardless of how terrible are the consequences of God's wrath coming upon an unbelieving world seem to us, the suffering, the plagues, the death and destruction will be far worse than our IMAGINATION can picture it. Considering that Christ, the Creator of all things, gave up His Heavenly Throne and all of His Glory to become a man, to suffer and die an agonizing death by His own creation so that we wouldn't have to go through the Tribulation or suffer in Hell for all eternity, just how terrible will these judgements really be? I can't imagine. All I know for sure is that we're living in the final days of this last generation, man is ignorant, the Tribulation is soon to begin, all the stored food and ammo in the world won't save anyone, and I won't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
That was advice, not an opinion. I don't know how familiar you are with WND, but they aren't called WorldNutDaily for nothing. And that's what conservatives call them. What liberals call them is far worse. So what I said isn't a matter of opinion. It's a well known fact. All I was doing was advising you to take care when using them as a source. You're free to ignore the advice if you want to. So like I said, I haven't disagreed with you on anything and you haven't disagreed with me on anything. There's plenty of disagreement around here without going looking for it where it doesn't exist.

That was advice, not an opinion. I don't know how familiar you are with WND, but they aren't called WorldNutDaily for nothing. And that's what conservatives call them. What liberals call them is far worse. So what I said isn't a matter of opinion. It's a well known fact. All I was doing was advising you to take care when using them as a source. You're free to ignore the advice if you want to. So like I said, I haven't disagreed with you on anything and you haven't disagreed with me on anything. There's plenty of disagreement around here without going looking for it where it doesn't exist.
Saying that I might want to be careful is your opinion, agreed. Saying that "they have a habit of playing fast and loose with facts" is a statement. Therefor a disagreement does exist. I'll leave it there. :pleasantry:

Link Removed.

Good book! I read about a year ago... it brought out a lot of little things most woudln't think about in a worst-case.

I like the James Rawles books: Patriots & Survivors as well.

You can get the gas out of those underground tanks at a gas station without much effort. But even if they couldn't, they could still distribute directly from tankers. They did that during Katrina for the relief effort trucks, and they may have even done it during your earthquake. Just because you haven't personally seen them do such things in disaster scenarios so far doesn't mean it hasn't happened, or that it couldn't be done sometime in the future.

There are all kinds of doomsday scenarios floating around out there, all of them with at least some followers who are convinced they are about to happen tomorrow.

It isn't that easy to get the gas out of the tanks if they don't have manual pumps and I would bet that less than 1 percent of the gas stations have manual pumps.

As far as distribution from tankers, that would require the tankers to be filled (remember they are filled with electric pumps) and some way of measuring output and collecting money. It would take well over a month for that to get organized if even then.

they may have even done it during your earthquake

They did not because the area affected was not "huge" and did not affect the distribution points. But there were some stations that were closed for over a week.

You don't understand much do you OtisM? You should really look into America's infastructure and how it functions, then you may see how vulnerable our "just-in-time" systems are. Research what I put in quotes please, "just-in-time" supply is the same principles the military uses... I know first hand how this is a very dangerous way to do bussiness! But, it's done b/c it's the cheapest.

Hey Gunner, I know where you got that "just in time" delivery system comment from! It sure i the scary truth. He's right..the author of the book that is.

Link Removed.

Great book. You are right about that. They should make a movie of it. Not all items run on electricity will be affeced. Only those that rely on computer chips and printed circuits. It the book the old Mustang ran and tube radios.

Saying that I might want to be careful is your opinion, agreed. Saying that "they have a habit of playing fast and loose with facts" is a statement. Therefor a disagreement does exist. I'll leave it there. :pleasantry:
Fair enough.

--- Now some stupid extra words because the forum software is too dumb to recognize that the words "Fair enough" can indeed be a satisfactory response sometimes ---

We now take back to our regularly scheduled forum.......

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back