OKAY! What if this happened in the USA?

I don't know about India but in the US gas pumps (and diesel) run on electricity. No electricity, no fuel. We were several days in Kalifornia after the last big earthquake before many of the gas stations were opened.
You can get the gas out of those underground tanks at a gas station without much effort. But even if they couldn't, they could still distribute directly from tankers. They did that during Katrina for the relief effort trucks, and they may have even done it during your earthquake. Just because you haven't personally seen them do such things in disaster scenarios so far doesn't mean it hasn't happened, or that it couldn't be done sometime in the future.

Why are those odds high. More blanket statements. How did u calculate these odds? What sources and references. Shouldn't u say, "I have a feeling this will happen"
There are all kinds of doomsday scenarios floating around out there, all of them with at least some followers who are convinced they are about to happen tomorrow.

The odds that the USA will be hit with an EMP attack in the near future are very high. This kind of attack will fry every electrical circuit from your motor vehicles to your toasters and set America back to the living conditions of the 18th Century overnight. There's nothing anyone can do to prepare themselves and their family to survive the nightmare scenario as a result of this kind of catastrophic event. Scripture tells us that we're living in the final days of the last generation, and there's a good reason why America isn't even mentioned as an end times player. The only thing for sure is that we will find out why, and according to God's timeline, very soon.

I think the toaster would be spared. Besides the grid going down if it doesn't rely on a computer chip to operate it will survive. Tube radios would survive as would pre 1979 cars. No chips to regulate fuel injection.
In view of the rest of your post>>> Please read THE HARBINGER By Jonathan Cahn and let me know what you think.
I recommend it be read. Thought provoking especially for those that regard Bible Prophecy. To those that don't put any value in that sort of thing, read it anyway. It has a lot of recent happenings since 9/11 that is discussed and interesting "coincidences" which are put into historical perspective.

0kay, I love this stuff so I am glad this thread was made. I am going to give my 2 cents with some help from some of the books I have read. Bare with me.....this might be lengthy.

Here we go......

Our government has expressed a great deal of concern over the nation's vulnerability to an EMP attack. The "EMP Commission" was formed to study the impact of the threat as well as propose recommendations to help our nation better prepare. An EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) is an intense, broadband burst of electromagnetic energy. It can be a result of many things, including electrostatic discharge, lightning, a nuclear explosion, or specialized weapons. Of these sources, the EMP that results from a nuclear explosion has the greatest potential to cause widespread damage to our country. When people discuss an EMP attack, they are almost always referring to one that is a result of a high-altitude nuclear detonation. An EMP from any of these sources would result in strong electromagnetic fields. Fortunately, most pulses are short-lived and do not harm people or animals. The real threat from an EMP is its ability to disrupt, damage, and destroy electronic hardware. Affected systems could include the electrical power grid, cellular and wired communication systems, the internet, personal electronics, agricultural systems, airplanes, gas pumps, satellites, water purification plants, generators, automobile electronics, and nearly every other type of modern electronic device. A disruption like this would crush our economy and seriously degrade critical infrastructures, including: power, telecommunications, financial, petroleum and natural gas, transportation, food, water, emergency services, space operations, and government. SHTF is an understatement!

Now, for those of you who give a crap, lets talk about the Sun.......

The Sun experiences a periodic cycle in which it oscillates between being more and less active. During the more active times, sun spot activity increases, leading to more solar flares and coronal mass ejections. Predictions and history both agree that solar emissions are capable of disrupting radio communications and, more important, damaging our electrical power grid. The topic of solar disturbances is particularly timely given that the next solar maximum is expected to occur in 2012 or 2013. Now, unlike an EMP attack, whose likelihood is dependent on particular geopolitical events and the capabilities of our enemies, solar events that disrupt activity on Earth are an absolute certainty. It is only a question of their timing and severity, neither of which can be accurately predicted. Solar storms bring with them a wide array of threats, including radiation poisoning to humans in space or at high altitudes, disruption of communications and navigation systems, dangerous high voltages on pipelines, upsets to satellites, and destructive currents to electrical grids around the world. Fortunately, these currents are very low-frequency and do not couple well into small electronic systems, such as radios, cell phones, computers, automobiles, or airplanes.

Take what you want from this. I am not saying that either of these is going to happen in our lifetime. This is just a topic that has interested me for quite some time and what I have shared is just some of the information I have learned along the way.

Just remember, Nobody prepares to fail, they just fail to prepare.

learn to live off the grid.....i'd like to build a well where i live but our city forbids it.....makes one wonder why they want us dependent on their corporations ........

This water issue a monopoly. If everyone dug a well down to the water table, the city would receive no water revenues.

It's the same everywhere. One of the prices you pay to live in a city is enforced dependence on their water service.

Trucks run on diesel fuel, not electric. I didn't know Indians had so many electric trucks.

I would sit tight and eat my MREs
What about all those other people who don't have any MREs? As I said in another thread, cities will be burning within 72 hours of a transportation system failure. A power outage would result in rioting in the inner cities within a few hours. The first thing that happens whwn power fails is that everyone is pushed out of the stores and the doors are locked because the cash registers don't work. Wide spread looting would begin quickly.

Trucks run on diesel fuel, not electric. I didn't know Indians had so many electric trucks.

I would sit tight and eat my MREs

You don't understand much do you OtisM? You should really look into America's infastructure and how it functions, then you may see how vulnerable our "just-in-time" systems are. Research what I put in quotes please, "just-in-time" supply is the same principles the military uses... I know first hand how this is a very dangerous way to do bussiness! But, it's done b/c it's the cheapest.

Many of this country's power generating plants have been preparing for such scenarios. They have been installing automatic switches that redirect electricity should a plant or substation go down. They have been doing this for a while now due to fear of terrorist attacks and apparently we have many sleeper cells in this country just waiting for the right time to do something. Not saying some folks won't be in the dark but far less than you might think.

They were doing it before terrorism was a big fear. Measures like that were instituted as part of Y2K preparations, though not very widespread or extensive at the time. I was doing Y2k planning at the time and the power grid folks came to our executive meetings.

learn to live off the grid.....i'd like to build a well where i live but our city forbids it.....makes one wonder why they want us dependent on their corporations ........

Did you hear about the guy in Oregon that got jailed for collecting rain water? Seems there was some ordinance in the borough that said all water belongs to them. SMH

The odds that the USA will be hit with an EMP attack in the near future are very high. This kind of attack will fry every electrical circuit from your motor vehicles to your toasters and set America back to the living conditions of the 18th Century overnight. There's nothing anyone can do to prepare themselves and their family to survive the nightmare scenario as a result of this kind of catastrophic event. Scripture tells us that we're living in the final days of the last generation, and there's a good reason why America isn't even mentioned as an end times player. The only thing for sure is that we will find out why, and according to God's timeline, very soon.

Sounds like one of those episodes from "24". I think there was a movie about that very scenario too.

Why are those odds high. More blanket statements. How did u calculate these odds? What sources and references. Shouldn't u say, "I have a feeling this will happen"

Does everything have to be charts and graphs for you? Did you go to a higher brainwashing institution and major in statistical analytics or what? Do you know a nuke (clean or dirty) can cause massive EMP's? I think that is what Ringo is referring to. There is enough missing spent uranium from Russia to make multiple suitcase nukes that can severely damage our infrastructure which would take us out the world picture. Clearly we are experiencing what the bible refers to as the "end of days" but what or how exactly the united states of America devolves is anyone's guess at this point.

Does everything have to be charts and graphs for you? Did you go to a higher brainwashing institution and major in statistical analytics or what? Do you know a nuke (clean or dirty) can cause massive EMP's? I think that is what Ringo is referring to. There is enough missing spent uranium from Russia to make multiple suitcase nukes that can severely damage our infrastructure which would take us out the world picture. Clearly we are experiencing what the bible refers to as the "end of days" but what or how exactly the united states of America devolves is anyone's guess at this point.
Chill out dude. He didn't ask for charts or graphs. He just asked for something to back up the claim. And he didn't ask Ringo. He asked OtisM. As for EMP, it takes a lot more to build a bomb than just nuclear materials. That's why so few have the capability now. Getting the materials is actually one of the easier parts. Then if they ever manage to make a bomb, they have to get it 40 to 400 kilometers up into the atmosphere for detonation in order to perpetrate an effective EMP attack. Those capabilities are held by an extreme few at present, most of whom are allies and/or have their own infrastructure at risk, which is why the likeliehood is still extremely low. But if the likes of Iran or North Korea ever get such capability and decide they're willing to risk suicide to use it, then that's another story. A lot of people mocked Reagan over Start Wars but he was a visionary. Geotge Bush tried to put a missile defense program in place even when the threat was plainly obvious and it still got killed by the liberals. The threat may be low now but it won't stay that way, and you can't deploy a missile defense system overnight. We need to start seeing the light and put that sytem back on the drawing board.

Chill out dude. He didn't ask for charts or graphs. He just asked for something to back up the claim. And he didn't ask Ringo. He asked OtisM. As for EMP, it takes a lot more to build a bomb than just nuclear materials. That's why so few have the capability now. Getting the materials is actually one of the easier parts. Then if they ever manage to make a bomb, they have to get it 40 to 400 kilometers up into the atmosphere for detonation in order to perpetrate an effective EMP attack. Those capabilities are held by an extreme few at present, most of whom are allies and/or have their own infrastructure at risk, which is why the likeliehood is still extremely low. But if the likes of Iran or North Korea ever get such capability and decide they're willing to risk suicide to use it, then that's another story. A lot of people mocked Reagan over Start Wars but he was a visionary. Geotge Bush tried to put a missile defense program in place even when the threat was plainly obvious and it still got killed by the liberals. The threat may be low now but it won't stay that way, and you can't deploy a missile defense system overnight. We need to start seeing the light and put that sytem back on the drawing board.
It is believed by many that Iran ALREADY has the launch capability. The link following is for a video and a fascinating article regarding Israel and THEIR potential use of EMP to solve the “Iranian problem.”
A good video regarding EMP. I’ve always noticed that, on the few occasions when someone in “government” mentions EMP, they talk about the effects as being temporary. A few days or months at best. So I guess we don’t have to worry. Congress knows. They’ve known for years. They’ll protect us!!!!

As for those who believe that Iran doesn’t have the capability, they are mistaken. They have been practicing launching missiles from barges for year. Need a cargo container ship with missile launch capability? Russia will sell you one for 15 million. First buyer? Iran. Also a link in this article to one written by MG Paul Vallely warning of impending EMP attacks. Also a link to a Rand Corporation report supporting MG Vallely’s concerns.
Link Removed

A few other links regarding Iran and EMP. Many, many out there:
Link Removed
U.S. Intel: Iran Plans Nuclear Strike on U.S.
Foreign Confidential
EMP: Israel’s solution to the Iran nuclear threat. «

EagleSpeak: Another voice concerned about Iranian "stealth" missile systems - launches from cargo ships off U.S. and Israel

The longest range missile the Iranians have is the Shahab-4, which can only go 1200 miles, which isn't nearly long enough to reach us. You also have to remember that a missile has to be exoatmospheric, or nearly so, at point of detonation for an EMP attack, so the total range of the missile actually has to be quite a bit further than the target point itself. So far, none of their sea launched missiles are of the type or range needed to launch an EMP attack against us. But like I said, things won't stay that way if we do nothing.

From that article:

In a report written by the Congressional EMP Commission which Mr. Bartlett established, a one megaton nuclear device detonated about 500 kilometers in the atmosphere would lay down an EMP blanket over the entire contiguous United States. Cities in the periphery of the blast radius, San Diego and Maine, would experience approximately 10-kilovolts per meter of electrical field strength.[/QUOTEMr. Bartlett didn't establish the commission, nor did he serve on it, though he may have played a role in it's creation by Congress.
I have copies of both the Executive Report and the Critical National Infrastructures Report from the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack, and neither one says that anywhere. The only place they extrapolate yield and altitude together is when they are discussing damage to satellites, and even then they only address 30 kiloton warheads at an altitude of 500 kilometers. Additionally, when you look at the diagrams in the report, it's obvious that you can't simplify it by saying it will affect an area from x out to y. The diagrams quite clearly indicate bands of lesser and lesser intensity and damage the further you get from the center of detonation. So you can say that a warhead of some yield detonated at some altitude over Philadelphia will affect Chicago, but you'd need to stipulate that the damage in Chicago would be minimal if you were going to paint an accurate picture. Leaving that fact out would be misleading, but obviously a lot of people are doing it (not talking about you).

For anyone who's versed in science, electronics and computers, those reports are kind of interesting.
Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack

Oh, and you might want to be careful about using WND as a source. They have a habit of playing fast and loose with the facts. They aren't quite the National Enquirer, but they're close.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back