OKAY! What if this happened in the USA?

golocx4

Got Beretta's?
SHTF or not
Roughly 49% of the population in India lost power.

What if 49% of US lost power for an extended time?

ELECTRICITY GRIDS FAIL ACROSS HALF OF INDIA

Remember that everything we touch, eat, drink, wear, or pick up with our hands came on a truck.

The Trucks got it from somewhere else to bring it to where you could purchase it.

Imagine NY City in the dark with no way to replenish the Starbucks Stores. We are talking Zombies here people.

No electricity in India is not as big a deal as no power in Major East Coast cities.

SHTF or not
Roughly 49% of the population in India lost power.

What if 49% of US lost power for an extended time?

ELECTRICITY GRIDS FAIL ACROSS HALF OF INDIA

Remember that everything we touch, eat, drink, wear, or pick up with our hands came on a truck.

The Trucks got it from somewhere else to bring it to where you could purchase it.

Imagine NY City in the dark with no way to replenish the Starbucks Stores. We are talking Zombies here people.

No electricity in India is not as big a deal as no power in Major East Coast cities.

Trucks run on diesel fuel, not electric. I didn't know Indians had so many electric trucks.

I would sit tight and eat my MREs

Trucks run on diesel fuel, not electric. I didn't know Indians had so many electric trucks.

Ahh yes but The pumps that pump the diesel run on Electricity and the motors that run the conveyors, and the lights in the warehouses and on and on.
Point being that the supply chain would be down. Large Metro Areas are totally dependent on that supply chain.
The parts of the country with power may be okay for a while but eventually they too would become short of some things.

Keeping inline with this forum. Imagine being in Chicago or New York or Boston etc.
No power, no trains, no traffic, no heat or AC, no food, no police, etc.
Will people just sit and wait or will there be pandemonium?
Who will become the zombies? Who will be able to defend themselves? Who will have the guns?
The Starbucks Crowd, the urban youths, the suburbanites?
Imagine if you will the Seinfield crew in the dark for a couple of weeks, now multiply that by 5 million.

Places I wouldn't want to be when the power goes off.
On a sub way train, in an elevator, in a shoe store, in an Appliance Store.

but think of all the great laws that wouldn't get passed because politicians couldn't verify the payoffs hit the offshore bank accounts.

Otis You get so much wrong. Try thinking your posts through before you try to baffle us with your BS because you are certainly not dazzling us with your brilliance.
THANK YOU GOLOCX4 for setting him straight.

Anyone anywhere could be zombied at any time by anything --

- nuclear power plant meltdown

- flooding

- wildfires

- earthquake

- tidal wave

- tornado

- hurricane

- crazed schizo shooter at the theatre or school or burger joint or job site or church

- flu pandemic

- WW3

So praise the Lord and pass the ammo whenever siit hits the fan.

I think that's why I prepare for such things, I don't consider myself a prepper or survivalist. Just want to make it through the hard times. I think it's good to know how to make fire other than using a lighter. It will be uncomfortable if it is winter or the middle of summer but people can survive. They used to do it all the time, my grandparents used oil lamps for light at times.

There were storm's recently that the power was out for a couple of days, made me think of what it would be like to not have power for a extended period of time. I have a hand crank can opener in every bag I have, I don't want to have to dull my knife opening a can. I guess I sound crazy but oh well I have been called crazy for less.lol

At a minimum, everyone needs the following:

- 72 hour kit with nonperishable food in it;

- preplanned escape route with maps;

- gas tank always at least 1/2 full;

- sleeping roll;

- tent;

- lots of water in jugs;

- defense handgun and ammo.

That's the short list.

Otis You get so much wrong. Try thinking your posts through before you try to baffle us with your BS because you are certainly not dazzling us with your brilliance.
THANK YOU GOLOCX4 for setting him straight.

Don't be so hard on Otis. His Mom doesn't let him out of the basement very much, so the only real world information he gets is through the Obama interlink.

learn to live off the grid.....i'd like to build a well where i live but our city forbids it.....makes one wonder why they want us dependent on their corporations ........

At a minimum, everyone needs the following:

- 72 hour kit with nonperishable food in it;
Got plenty of food here.

- preplanned escape route with maps;
Don't have to escape. I live out in the country. People come HERE to escape.

- gas tank always at least 1/2 full;
They usually are, but I don't need to escape, so........

- sleeping roll;
Several, but I get to use my bed.

Got it, but don't really need it.

- lots of water in jugs;
Got a 21,000 gallon pool full of potable water, and the jugs to bring it all inside if needs be.

- defense handgun and ammo.
That's only the tip of the iceberg.

That's the short list.
Yeah, I got a whole lot more. Hope I never have to use it. I remember my Air Force Survival School. It was an incredible experience, but I don't want to repeat it.

Y'all talk about yer BOB, but do you know where you are bobbing to? Just escaping the city is not going to cut it. Those of us in nowhere land that will be staying put will only be accepting people that can donate beans, bullets, or bandaids to the community cause. And we are armed as well. Just sayin........so you better have a plan much more extensive than just an escape route.

I don't know about India but in the US gas pumps (and diesel) run on electricity. No electricity, no fuel. We were several days in Kalifornia after the last big earthquake before many of the gas stations were opened.

I can make it nearly 700 miles on one tank in my car. In half an hour, I can have it loaded up with enough supplies to last quite a while, and I've got a place to go where I'll be welcomed with open arms. A place where incidentally, I've already got a lot of supplies stored safely away. We are working on building up our food supply both here and there.

If any of you are really interested in this, read When Technology Fails by Matthew Stein. Wonderful information on this subject. It's a page turner for you cover to cover readers and a great reference book for those who like to skim.

The odds that the USA will be hit with an EMP attack in the near future are very high. This kind of attack will fry every electrical circuit from your motor vehicles to your toasters and set America back to the living conditions of the 18th Century overnight. There's nothing anyone can do to prepare themselves and their family to survive the nightmare scenario as a result of this kind of catastrophic event. Scripture tells us that we're living in the final days of the last generation, and there's a good reason why America isn't even mentioned as an end times player. The only thing for sure is that we will find out why, and according to God's timeline, very soon.

America back to the living conditions of the 18th Century overnight. There's nothing anyone can do to prepare themselves and their family to survive the nightmare scenario as a result of this kind of catastrophic event.

Learn to ride a horse. (requires feeding, grooming, and other maintenance)

The odds that the USA will be hit with an EMP attack in the near future are very high. This kind of attack will fry every electrical circuit from your motor vehicles to your toasters and set America back to the living conditions of the 18th Century overnight. There's nothing anyone can do to prepare themselves and their family to survive the nightmare scenario as a result of this kind of catastrophic event. Scripture tells us that we're living in the final days of the last generation, and there's a good reason why America isn't even mentioned as an end times player. The only thing for sure is that we will find out why, and according to God's timeline, very soon.

Why are those odds high. More blanket statements. How did u calculate these odds? What sources and references. Shouldn't u say, "I have a feeling this will happen"

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back