Survaval shotgun

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Survival shotgun

Mossberg

A good read and very truthful.

Last edited:
Some very good points. My son has one that I bought him years ago. I may have to add one to my collection with the possible addition of a Knoxx collapsible stock.

Link Removed

That looks more or less the same as the ATI since it doesn't have the recoil suppressor.

Mossberg 500

I love my mossberg 500 with the origanal wood and a heat shield. on the 18.5 BBL.
It works just fine and does not "look" so evil.

I love my mossberg 500 with the origanal wood and a heat shield. on the 18.5 BBL.
It works just fine and does not "look" so evil.

And even if it did look evil, so what? Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't own a particular firearm because it looks scary. If that were the standard by which antis went, all firearms would be illegal, because all of them are scary looking, whether they're made of wood, plastic, steel, or whatever.

The Anti's won't be happy

And even if it did look evil, so what? Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't own a particular firearm because it looks scary. If that were the standard by which antis went, all firearms would be illegal, because all of them are scary looking, whether they're made of wood, plastic, steel, or whatever.

Unless guns are made of playdough or Nerf

I was handling a 20 guage "Youth" shotgun at a store the other day and thinking that it would make a great home defense or survival weapon. I think I've seen a similar size in 12 guage. These smaller, shorter, lighter guns are designed for young shooters but are a lot less cumbersome when considering handling indoors for home defense.

Has anyone else ever considered or tried these in practice?

I was handling a 20 guage "Youth" shotgun at a store the other day and thinking that it would make a great home defense or survival weapon. I think I've seen a similar size in 12 guage. These smaller, shorter, lighter guns are designed for young shooters but are a lot less cumbersome when considering handling indoors for home defense.

Yes, but 12 gauge is my gauge of choice for home defense.

They all look evil when the barrel is pointed at you. Even the pink ones.Home protection 45 or 12 ga.OOO buck or #4 turkey

I've heard people advocate this. It sounds sensible to me, particularly if you have untrained shooters who may need to use it in a pinch. The less powerful shells also have lower penetration. However, my 500A is pretty maneuverable as it is, and it is also my SHTF Katrina gun. I'd rather err on the side of more power.

Am I the only one who prefers my Mossberg guns with no stock?
I currently have no stock. Assuming it provides decent performance, I'd probably prefer to go with the top-folding stock with the rubber recoil absorber on the end - that way you can switch depending on the situation, and it also carries shells as well.

Not me. Stocks just get in the way, and that's why I prefer not to have one. My hands are the recoil absorber.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back