Kahr Owners Group

Tin Can Sailor, call Kahr and talk to them about your problem. They have one of the best customer services around. They will either send your replacement parts or have you send the firearm in to be repaired. It has to be some defect in the magazines to cause the slide stop pin to come out. All the pin does is push up the slide stop to lock the slide back after the last round is fired. I have several Kahr's and carry a PM45 daily. I've never had any magazine problems.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.

Looked at the PF9 but was confused by kel-tec's website, from the FAQ:

What is the expected life of a Kel-Tec firearm

All Kel-Tec firearms have an expected life of 6,000 rounds or more.

Might be picking at nothing here, but lets just say Colt's website left me with the impression of more durability: The Colt Defender™ Series offers the power and performance of a full-sized pistol in a compact, lightweight carry model. Small, lightweight, accurate, and reliable, it is able to withstand everyday wear and frequent practice sessions.

Everyday and frequent practice sessions.... when I shot more I could go through hundreds of rounds in a couple of hours of leisure fire.

I was thinking of looking at the pf-9, but was kinda put off by this. What do you say? Why would kel-tec put such a lame "warranty" out on their website?

sw910,

Wouldn't that question be better answered on a Kel-Tec forum? What does Kel-Tec's or for that matter Colt's warranties have to do with KAHR's?

It has been a while since the last post, so i will keep it going by saying i am a proud owner of a new Kahr MK40. Awsome gun for its size and recoil is surprisingly tame. I never considerd owing a Kahr because of all the springfield and glock hype, but now i can honestly say that Kahr IMHO is just as good or better in quality, reliability, and customer service as the two before mentioned companies.

I have a PM9 and love it for EDC. With a pocket holster I just drop in ther front pocket of my jeans and go. I am looking a getting a PJ Holster for it as well.

Bob SW Ohio

I just bought a PM9 and have some questions, but I don't know how to post a new thread. Any hint would be appreciated.

The flush 6 round mag works fine, but the 7 round mag jams a round into the feed ramp. The tech at Kahr said it's from gripping the extension with my pinkie and rocking rhe mag forward. His "fix" was for me to send in the 7 round mag and he'd send me a 6 round mag. Has anyone encountered this is there a fix? Are aftermarket mags more reliable? Thanks.

I can't help you here, I sold my Kahr PM9 about 4 months ago to buy a Glock 19 Gen 4. I did love my PM9, but I really wanted a Glock and that was the only way I could come up with the funds for it at the time. Overall, I'm glad I did it because I LOVE my Glock... that said, I have intentions of picking up a Kahr P380 eventually (black w/night sights of course). I need a good reliable pocket pistol, and I found my PM9 to be too large for pocket carry most of the time, and my Kel Tec P3AT has not proven itself reliable. Kahr's P380 is every bit as pocket friendly as any sub compact .380 out there, and based on my experience with my PM9, I expect it will be extremely reliable. I said all that to say that I can't join this group at the moment, but hopefully soon!

ragfz1, what kind of questions do you have?

I like the gun, but the 7 round magazine had feed problems. The round fed into the feed ramp. I called the company and the rep said he's send me a 6-round, because the 7-round mags tend to cock forward when you gripped the mag extension with your pinkie. I was wondering if this was common? I sent the 7-round back and will check for reliability before I qualify it.

Should I buy another 7-round mag?

Thanks.

I have a PM9 for pocket carry: however thinking about selling it, its pretty heavy in the pocket.

I had picked up my PM9 hoping to be able to utilize it in the pocket carry roll when necessary also. When wearing larger cargo pocket pants I could get away with it, but that was about it. Otherwise, I also found it too heavy and bulky for a pocket gun. For IWB carry it is not at all a bulky gun, obviously, it's about as small as a 9mm gets, but for pocket... bulky. I ended up selling my PM9 to pick up a Glock 19, which I LOVE, and then picked up a Kel Tec P3AT to fill my pocket carry roll. A word of advise, get a Kahr P380 for pocket carry. That's what I'll be picking up next. I don't care for the Kel Tec at all. The grip is just TOO short in my opinion. I've never been one to mind not having a pinky place, but I can barely get 2 fingers on the thing. This short grip suits well for being in the pocket, but not for actually shooting the gun. I've also had a lot of reliability issues with the Kel Tec, even after sending it in for warranty service. FTE's every time I take it to the range. I've held the Kahr P380, and it will absolutely be small enough for pocket carry, it's super comfortable in my hand, it has nice low profile sights that shouldn't have any snag issues (I'd recommend the night sights of course), and based on my experience with my PM9, I'd expect it to be extremely reliable.

A word of advise, get a Kahr P380 for pocket carry. That's what I'll be picking up next. I don't care for the Kel Tec at all. The grip is just TOO short in my opinion. I've never been one to mind not having a pinky place, but I can barely get 2 fingers on the thing. This short grip suits well for being in the pocket, but not for actually shooting the gun. I've also had a lot of reliability issues with the Kel Tec, even after sending it in for warranty service. FTE's every time I take it to the range. I've held the Kahr P380, and it will absolutely be small enough for pocket carry, it's super comfortable in my hand, it has nice low profile sights that shouldn't have any snag issues (I'd recommend the night sights of course), and based on my experience with my PM9, I'd expect it to be extremely reliable.

I have 4 Kahrs. PM9,CW9,CW45 and P380. The P380 is the best shooting tiny gun I have ever used. I had a Ruger LCP prior to the Kahr and hated shooting it. It was great for pocket carry but not easy to shoot fast or well for me. The P380 is just as easy to hide in your pocket but is much easier to shoot well. Granted it costs more, but it is well worth it to me.

I love my Kahr CM9, reliable, sweet trigger (have to get used to), lightweight, concealable, and affordable. Carry in a pjholsters or Crossbreed MicroTuck IWB, or a Mitch Rosen Pancake OWB, loaded with CorBon DPX 115gr. 9mm+P ammo. Try it, you'll love it!!

I am seriously looking at the Kahr PM-45. I am fascinated by the sizing. I wish there was somewhere I could fire one. Don't really think there will be unmanageable recoil, based on experience. I would like to hear from anyone with likes/dislikes. Believe the Co. makes a good product. Thanks.

I have a nice Kahr P9 that I bought used. I've put about a hundred round of reloads through it with no problems and I really like it. I would like to put night sights on it which leads to a question. What is the difference in the old style slide and the new style slide? I found a good deal on a rear sight but it says it only fits the old style slide.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back