Enthusiastic Wives

Palmach

I thought it would be interesting to find out how many others have enthusiastic wives as it relates to Concealed Carry and firearms in general.

I am amazed at the change in my wife over the last 11yrs of marriage. On our wedding night, before we did anything else, I had her sit on the floor and laid out the guns and gave her a quick lesson on proper handling. She had never been around them and was rather uncomfortable. She knew what she was getting into, as she knew that I had been a security professional.

Today she is a different woman.

Today, she checks the schedule of every gun show in town to make sure we don't miss one. She likes to go to the range at least once every 2 weeks if not every week. She has her own firearms now, and has finally decided to get her CWL.

When I buy ammo and tell her I just purchased 1000rds of 7.62 x 39, she says, "That's all?

How many others have this or other experiences?

My wife has her CHL and carries her firearm everywhere. I have little trouble getting here to go to the range and she does not complain when I find a need to add to our collection.

Mine also has her own guns and ccw.We don't compete anymore because her eyes are better than mine. My story and I'm stickin to it.

You are a lucky man. my wife doesn't have a problem with what I do, so thats cool. she has her GSD's and I have well you know my things.

palmack, hk4u and the others that have enthusiastic wifes to gun ownership and ccw( you have a blessed marriage)

Do girlfriends count? I informed my current girlfriend on our very first date that I carry regularly, and after hearing this, she asked to see what I was carrying, which, at the time, was a Ruger P94 with a Crimson Trace laser grip. Although she does not own any firearms (she can't; she is a felon, but I still love her anyway) she likes the fact that I carry, and anytime we go anywhere together, she always makes sure that I'm carrying before we leave out the door.

Do girlfriends count? I informed my current girlfriend on our very first date that I carry regularly, and after hearing this, she asked to see what I was carrying, which, at the time, was a Ruger P94 with a Crimson Trace laser grip. Although she does not own any firearms (she can't; she is a felon, but I still love her anyway) she likes the fact that I carry, and anytime we go anywhere together, she always makes sure that I'm carrying before we leave out the door.

I am curious how that works for you in the State that you carry, as I know in Florida if you lived together it could present a problem with the individual having access to the firearm and ammunition.

My wife and I got into guns together. Both of us were raised in very gun-neutral families. I bought her a Kel-Tec P3AT when neither of us knew a lot about guns. 22 hours of CCW training later, we are both card carrying members.

We each got year memberships to the local gun range, but then two months into the membership, she became impregnated. Now our memberships have expired and I can't afford a new one because there will be a new entry into the family next month. So, in my case...

Gun Loving Wife + Expensive (Future Gun Lover) = No Shooting for Me

Oh well, I guess one day I'll need to get three memberships.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my wife has her own aversions to guns. It took 11 years, but she finally decided to turn a blind eye to my desire to arm myself. While she doesn't like it, she accepts it. She has talked about going to the range with me, but I know that will never happen. I wish that she was on the same page as me, but I can live with it.

I am curious how that works for you in the State that you carry, as I know in Florida if you lived together it could present a problem with the individual having access to the firearm and ammunition.

I never said that she and I lived together. However, I did ask her probation officer about this on the nights she spends at my apartment and on the nights I spend at hers. The PO told me that as long as she is not alone with my firearms, then I'm okay. She also told me that just because her rights have been forfeited does not mean I forfeit mine. Nice to know her PO is pro gun rights!

I expound on my "I Wish" statement...

My wife doesn't really like guns, but she is OK with me having the ones I have. She doesn't see the point of acquiring new ones, or going to the range on a regular basis, much less buying ammo!

I have finally got her to agree to get a handgun of her own, because she understands the importance of protecting herself and our kids if I'm not around... but on that same note, she doesn't want to get her CWP?!?!?

I swear, I don't get women....

On our wedding night, before we did anything else, I had her sit on the floor and laid out the guns and gave her a quick lesson on proper handling.

Wtf????

On your wedding night of all times.......

lol... you got to be kidding me

I never said that she and I lived together. However, I did ask her probation officer about this on the nights she spends at my apartment and on the nights I spend at hers. The PO told me that as long as she is not alone with my firearms, then I'm okay. She also told me that just because her rights have been forfeited does not mean I forfeit mine. Nice to know her PO is pro gun rights!

I wasn't suggesting that you do live together. It was just a scenario that popped into my head, and I wondered how you either deal with it, or would in the future.

This is my weapon and this is my gun. One is for shooting and one is for fun. Wedding night bliss.

On our wedding night, before we did anything else, I had her sit on the floor and laid out the guns and gave her a quick lesson on proper handling.

Wtf????

On your wedding night of all times.......

lol... you got to be kidding me

I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice and comment.

Yes, on our wedding night. I don't think the BG's take off just because I got married, so I wanted her to see them, know about them, and feel comfortable with them in the house.

There was plenty of time after the lesson for firing my favorite weapon.

I guess in my household we follow two rules: Concealed is concealed, and don't ask, don't tell.

My wife knows I carry, does not want to know how, what, where, or when... why is the one she knows and if it came to it, I know she would be glad.

I keep trying because it make me nervous that when alone she is unarmed but forcing the issue will never make it happen and as she views the world more suspiciously we may get closer to her arming.

The good news is she is not Anti-gun, she does support 2A and believes we live in a dangerous world.

For years, my wife wanted nothing to do with firearms. Then I was behind her going to work one morning (she in her car, me in mine) and an armed thug walked up to her window to carjack her. Well, it didn't work out so well for him with me behind her.... but let's leave that alone.

On this day, she learned what handguns are really for! For personal protection. Now she has her own CHP, and her own concealed weapon. I'm very proud of her. She went from left wing liberal to conservative republican! LOL....

For those of you that would like to see your wives a little more pro active when it come to their own defence may I suggest the following sites?

Cornered Cat

The Paxton Quigley Web Page

Link Removed

We here in Texas can thank Susan Gratia Hupp perhaps more than any one other person for the fact that we can carry today.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back