Man Sues Church Over 'God Injury'

HK4U

I just had to post this. I thought I had heard everything when the woman sued McDonalds when she was burned with coffee. This has got to be about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Perhaps he should try and sue God to while he is at it. Lunacy is running rampant in this country.

Link Removed

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- A man said he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while at a Knoxville church.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering he said he's endured from his injuries.

Matt Lincoln, 57, says he decided to sue the church after its insurance company denied his claim for medical bills.

Lincoln has had two surgeries since the June 2007 incident but said he still feels pain in his back and his legs.

The Sevier County man said he was asking God to have "a real experience" while praying at church.

He said he has fallen from the force of the spirit before but has always been caught by someone.

Lawyers for the church said other congregants saw him on the floor laughing after his fall. They said he failed to look out for his own safety.

Last edited:
I just had to post this. I thought I had heard everything when the woman sued McDonalds when she was burned with coffee. This has got to be about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Perhaps he should try and sue God to while he is at it. Lunacy is running rampant in this country.

Link Removed

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- A man said he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while at a Knoxville church.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering he said he's endured from his injuries.

Matt Lincoln, 57, says he decided to sue the church after its insurance company denied his claim for medical bills.

Lincoln has had two surgeries since the June 2007 incident but said he still feels pain in his back and his legs.

The Sevier County man said he was asking God to have "a real experience" while praying at church.

He said he has fallen from the force of the spirit before but has always been caught by someone.

Lawyers for the church said other congregants saw him on the floor laughing after his fall. They said he failed to look out for his own safety.

We are seeing more and more of this type of incident. It is a real shame that people are looking for an experience rather than an intimate relationship.

"The Sevier County man said he was asking God to have "a real experience" while praying at church."

He had an experience alright! He experience God smack'n him upside the head. Hopefully the judge will do the same and tell him to get outta his court.

As for those of you who are suggesting that maybe this man should sue God, too late, someone beat him to it. Many of you may have heard of anti gun (and apparently anti God too) state legislator Ernie Chambers of Nebraska suing God last year.

Here is a link to an article about it:

State Sen. Ernie Chambers Sues God - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha

Anyway, it never ceases to amaze me just how lawsuit-happy Americans have become. I sometimes think that people who have fallen on hard times see filing a frivolous lawsuit as their ticket to financial prosperity. How very sad.

As for those of you who are suggesting that maybe this man should sue God, too late, someone beat him to it. Many of you may have heard of anti gun (and apparently anti God too) state legislator Ernie Chambers of Nebraska suing God last year.

Here is a link to an article about it:

State Sen. Ernie Chambers Sues God - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha

Anyway, it never ceases to amaze me just how lawsuit-happy Americans have become. I sometimes think that people who have fallen on hard times see filing a frivolous lawsuit as their ticket to financial prosperity. How very sad.

His elevator does not go all the way to the top

"The Sevier County man said he was asking God to have "a real experience" while praying at church."

He had an experience alright! He experience God smack'n him upside the head. Hopefully the judge will do the same and tell him to get outta his court.

hahaha +1 to that one.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back